ArcSyn v4.0.1 Beta Available

Official support for: spcplugins.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ArcSyn v4.0.1 beta is now available from:

https://www.spcplugins.com/beta

It has the following changes:
  • Change: JUCE popup and Google analytics removed.
  • Fix: Current program name not set as default in SAVE dialogue box.
  • Fix: Oscillator shape inc/dec buttons not working properly.
  • Fix: Some parameter displays inconsistent.
  • Change: Intro screen license text boxes improved.
  • Fix: Harmonics waveform not working properly in unison.
  • Fix: Oscillator-2 Reset button state not being recalled.
I recommend that you give this beta a try as it fixes at least one problem which can affect the audio. Let me know if you have any problems.

28th July 2019 14:30: I've uploaded a new build of v4.0.1 which fixes a bug with program reloading.

solid and smooth on Mac so far... :)

SPC Plugins wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:49 amGoogle analytics removed.
I have to admit, I cringed a little when reading this.
That was not clear to me that JUCE allows (or maybe even does by default?) tracking me.
Thanks for highlighting this, double thanks for removing the tracking!

The beta works fine so far on my Win10/Reaper combo.

nevis wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:35 pm
I have to admit, I cringed a little when reading this.
That was not clear to me that JUCE allows (or maybe even does by default?) tracking me.
Thanks for highlighting this, double thanks for removing the tracking!

The beta works fine so far on my Win10/Reaper combo.
Hi nevis,

Tracking is on by default in JUCE and it can't be turned off if you're using the free license (but it can be with a paid license). I'm not clear why that is other than maybe to give small developers an incentive to pay for a license (as I have now done). On the other hand, it's presumably supposed to be a desireable feature, so wouldn't it be more sensible to have it disabled with a free license?

Regarding v4.0.1, I've had a report that the resizing feature isn't working properly now as the size isn't recalled when ArcSyn is opened again. I'm looking into that right now, so there'll be a new build of v4.0.1 to fix that ASAP.

SPC Plugins wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:51 pm Regarding v4.0.1, I've had a report that the resizing feature isn't working properly now as the size isn't recalled when ArcSyn is opened again. I'm looking into that right now, so there'll be a new build of v4.0.1 to fix that ASAP.
I can confirm that on my 4k combo, did not see/test that on my laptop screen.

nevis wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:08 pm
SPC Plugins wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:51 pm Regarding v4.0.1, I've had a report that the resizing feature isn't working properly now as the size isn't recalled when ArcSyn is opened again. I'm looking into that right now, so there'll be a new build of v4.0.1 to fix that ASAP.
I can confirm that on my 4k combo, did not see/test that on my laptop screen.
Same over here with Logic X 10.4.5 under OS X 10.13.6 (HS)

Hi, this is to confirm that I've uploaded a new build of the ArcSyn v4.0.1 beta to:

https://www.spcplugins.com/beta

This should fix the issue with the GUI size not being recalled and also has some small cosmetic improvements such as the display font being larger.

Fixed over here with Logic X 10.4.5 under OS X 10.13.6 (HS)
Thanks for the update/fix.

SPC Plugins wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:04 amThis should fix the issue with the GUI size not being recalled and also has some small cosmetic improvements such as the display font being larger.
Works fine on my machine. Thanks! :)

Is the parameter mapping still the same as in previous 2.x version? E.g. Cutoff loads correctly as cutoff or has anything changed there because of the new framework?

Thanks.

dermage wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:51 pm Is the parameter mapping still the same as in previous 2.x version? E.g. Cutoff loads correctly as cutoff or has anything changed there because of the new framework?

Thanks.
If you mean MIDI to parameter mapping, then it should be the same, BUT it's saved in a different format (like the license information) so I'm afraid it'll need entering again. I recommend downloading the beta and giving it a test. You can backup v3.0.0 first, then test v4.0.1 using its 20 minute demo mode. You can always switch back to v3.0.0 without disturbing anything.

SPC Plugins wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:43 am
dermage wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:51 pm Is the parameter mapping still the same as in previous 2.x version? E.g. Cutoff loads correctly as cutoff or has anything changed there because of the new framework?

Thanks.
If you mean MIDI to parameter mapping, then it should be the same, BUT it's saved in a different format (like the license information) so I'm afraid it'll need entering again. I recommend downloading the beta and giving it a test. You can backup v3.0.0 first, then test v4.0.1 using its 20 minute demo mode. You can always switch back to v3.0.0 without disturbing anything.
I meant host automation mapping. Anyway, my 2.x license should still be valid for 4, right?

dermage wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:51 pm I meant host automation mapping. Anyway, my 2.x license should still be valid for 4, right?
Host automation _should_ work in the same way as before. Your 2.x license is still valid, only you'll have to enter it again.

SPC Plugins wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:01 pm
dermage wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:51 pm I meant host automation mapping. Anyway, my 2.x license should still be valid for 4, right?
Host automation _should_ work in the same way as before. Your 2.x license is still valid, only you'll have to enter it again.
Ok thanks!
Will check it soon. The thing is I have several projects and do not know in which I have used ArcSyn :)
Probably the most important is cutoff, which I will check of course.

dermage wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:05 pm
SPC Plugins wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:01 pm
Ok thanks!
Will check it soon. The thing is I have several projects and do not know in which I have used ArcSyn :)
Probably the most important is cutoff, which I will check of course.
Just reporting back. Filter1+2 map correctly in 4.0.1 compared against 2 (I think it was 2.1.3)
GUI resize is a good feature, thanks for that!
And: The synth still sounds great :D

Return to “SPC Plugins”