The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mathematics wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:42 am So, here is where we're at:

A number of us are on par with a Rent-to-Own model instead of this Deal of Your Lifetime.

We're all scratching our heads about the lower prices.

What benefit does a subscription give to someone that has most of the plugins they need?

Is that about right?
Too sensical and concise. Not enough projected rage

Delete Wrong Forum

Razzia wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:22 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:10 pm Is someone brave enough to bet that at the end of next year there is still no PA update plan?
A h yes, inspired by the beloved WUP program, we bring you: Plugin Alliance Update Program and Effects Renewal, or PAUPER
Lmaoooooooooooo

:lol:

If their idea of "deal of a lifetime" is to push me to spend my money on smaller developers instead, that aren't going to move to a subscription model, then maybe they're really doing me a favor.

If these are the choices your company have to do in order to stay afloat, then maybe it's time to move the company to a different state?

I don't see the value in subscriptions for me but PA still seem to be selling plugins normally like they used to.

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:35 am I don't see the value in subscriptions for me but PA still seem to be selling plugins normally like they used to.
I like that kind of sober analysis. :)

Smart move from PA. Absolutely correct to cater to an ever-increasing horde of the clueless trying to audio.

I guess people haven't tried SKnote for their Shadow Hills "needs." (The SDC is a brutal hardware sounding top-shelf compressor).
I guess people don't realize True Iron by Kazrog slays for 39.99 and will make it on your every single track provided your CPU can handle it and fill your every saturation need. I guess people don't realize Ignite has a free Pultec EQ that destroys 99% of the analogue EQ market. And Tokyo Dawn? Klanghelm? LOL. For the price of the subscription you can have a buffet of small-company plugins that nail every single mixing task with power, precision and grace. AND OWN IT - zero hassle.

Thanks, kintsugi. Sknote +1. Klanghelm, TDR etc., too.

I think I will make a list of all PA plugins listing alternatives. However, I think it is not a good idea to post a thing like that to the web, as I may get tarred and feathered by PA for damaging their business (and their families, oh my).

OH LOL again - I forgot Kazrog Thermionik is getting an update this year. As it is, Shane's sims make the Brainworx offerings sound like absolute garbage chinese knock-off toys. Muh Dizle and Ambeg - so pretty to look at aren't they.

Thinking some folks are lacking a few real problems if they getting bent out of shape by an optional subscription deal. Get a f**king grip.

The MEGA hype from PA didn't deliver. They f**ked up BIG TIME.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Big f**king deal. Plugins, Jesus. The drama.

Still enjoy eq4, don't care about either the Alliance or the subs.

No, three points cause raised eyebrows (at least for me):
1. The second value of PA stuff is completely destroyed.
2. The marketing buzz was, is (and will be) annoying.
3. In the (not so) long run we‘ll see a PA upgrade plan fee thrown onto our kept plugins.
All in all PA is moving into (at least for me) complete wrong direction.

samsam wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:03 am Big f**king deal. Plugins, Jesus.
But f**cking Dad, plugins are Jesus!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

ralfrobert wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:39 amI think I will make a list of all PA plugins listing alternatives. However, I think it is not a good idea to post a thing like that to the web, as I may get tarred and feathered by PA for damaging their business (and their families, oh my).
If you don't name-calling them then it's absolutely legit in my book. C'est le ton qui fait la musique. Just have style. :wink:

Return to “Effects”