The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well he did say that this time it's personal.

I left that place voluntarily, because it turned into a crybaby fest: "aww, i am such a selfish child, i don't like the subscription therefore i don't want anyone else to benefit from it, although noone forces me to sub". I didn't want to read these posts anymore, so ridiculous.

lajosuti wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:20 pm I left that place voluntarily, because it turned into a crybaby fest: "aww, i am such a selfish child, i don't like the subscription therefore i don't want anyone else to benefit from it, although noone forces me to sub". I didn't want to read these posts anymore, so ridiculous.
And you came here instead? :lol:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 pm
lajosuti wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:20 pm I left that place voluntarily, because it turned into a crybaby fest: "aww, i am such a selfish child, i don't like the subscription therefore i don't want anyone else to benefit from it, although noone forces me to sub". I didn't want to read these posts anymore, so ridiculous.
OMG Lol! :lol: :lol:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

cptgone wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:10 pm I prefer software to be as 'clean' as possible. Dollar for exe - for keeps ;)
+1

Yep, I am an idiot too :) no excuses.

I don't see the issue though - I wish them good luck and prosperous years to come. I won't sub, but my plugins are still working, and I would be really really surprised if I couldn't buy some new ones around black friday for very cheap.

Well, he's been here since 2014 so.....

But yeah, you'll get no break from whining here :hihi:

lajosuti wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:35 pm Yep, I am an idiot too :) no excuses.

I don't see the issue though - I wish them good luck and prosperous years to come. I won't sub, but my plugins are still working, and I would be really really surprised if I couldn't buy some new ones around black friday for very cheap.
I'm so with you there. There is nothing I need right now from PA (in fact I just unloaded a hefty amount of their plugins that I wasn't using here on the forum) but I'm sure if there is one I need, I will be able to buy it sooner that one would think for a very reasonable price.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:05 pm Big Lolz... Di*k Ulrich has spent the whole Tuesday morning banning people from the PA-audiophile (almost sounds like pedophile) and erasing comments. I don't have/use facebook, but at least 12 people I used to connect here and gearslutz have been banned from the group after sharing their discontent and their posts completely erased.
Yeah, that’s because he doesn’t care about existing customers, only fresh meat. He needs to do the best he can to keep up appearances.

I miss the old PA.

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:36 pm I miss the old PA.
Especially the one where you could add up coupons to get a dozen plugins for 2 bucks. :)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:17 pm
Dip200 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:08 pm Do you guys know if Slate Digital and Kush Audio do less sales since they went subscription ? I think so but maybe I*m wrong.

There is nothing mentioned anymore about the monthly vouchers in the "How does the new PA work". Since PA is now eager to get monthly subsribers, it would make sence to stop the sales or make them less attractive.
What a subscription does is it makes you more aware of what you are actually using. I had a Kush subscription for a while but then noticed that I was only ever using one of their plugins. So I cancelled the subscription and bought that plugin. If a developer does not offer a subscription you are more likely to get into an collecting mode whenever there are sales.
That's an interesting point, mgw! :tu:

yehboy1 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:20 pm Well he did say that this time it's personal.
:roll:

:hihi:

escalona wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:05 pm Big Lolz... Di*k Ulrich has spent the whole Tuesday morning banning people from the PA-audiophile (almost sounds like pedophile) and erasing comments. I don't have/use facebook, but at least 12 people I used to connect here and gearslutz have been banned from the group after sharing their discontent and their posts completely erased.
Are you serious?! That speaks volumes. He/or whoever is in control of the page, is going to need more buckets.

hqdefault.jpg

All the while, this is getting documented here. He's going to have a lot of work ahead of him trying to get rid of the discontent that has been vividly expressed here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Return to “Effects”