The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am no fanboy, but although I criticised many of the new decisions, I always liked Dirk. We're from the same town and I knew him briefly and his heart was always into music.
Maybe making him some sort of plugin villain is just a little over the top?

DawnInEden wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:53 pm I am no fanboy, but although I criticised many of the new decisions, I always liked Dirk. We're from the same town and I knew him briefly and his heart was always into music.
Maybe making him some sort of plugin villain is just a little over the top?
Dodgy Dirk? :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, anyone deleting negative comments in a public space has already crossed the line. You can't argue they are not a nefarious company if they are censoring people. It's one thing to clean up the thread from the loudmouths, it's a different thing to delete every negative opinion. You can't really say it's mostly fanboys at FB since anyone that isn't a revering fanboy is getting deleted. I'm sure those people being censored are loving the new PA.

Also, about the coupons, they did explain tacitly. They said that they generated a gazillion custom coupons with some new approach, but given it was the first time using it like this the process malfunctioned and the first batch of emails went out without the custom codes. Then to try to get the coupons out it seems they just created a generic code for each price tier and sent out the emails again. That's why we ended up with half a dozen emails that day.

This maximized some problems that they were hoping to avoid. By sending "heavy hitters" the best deal with a custom code, they were trying to reward those users without making the best discount available to all. But then they had to use a generic code and caused the problem that anyone can sign up with the best deal code, so it becomes a slap in the face to anyone that jumped on the offer and signed up at full price or any deal other than the best one. Also means that they are going to make less money than anticipated because everyone has access to the "heavy hitter" deal. On the plus side, maybe it means that some people that were on the fence at $199 may jump onboard at $149.

At this point PA is making such a mess of this that I wouldn't be surprised if they just canceled the $149 deal and send out some new email in the next few days with new codes. It all seems possible with the new PA.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm Has the mood in that FB group cooled down?

(I‘m not a member of FB)
No

Lying & censoring is unacceptable!

And no one said they only support pa for their $9 prices. I even paid 100 and more for the ones i wanted asap and now.
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:49 pm Hope these believers generate enough money for his expensive pastime...
Thing is i like the plugins and they have great ones i even ditched some of waves cause i dont like wup but pa being so stupidly with marketing and censoring comments i never understand people defending such obvious lying and censorship and the same time i guess hating china, hating unbalance life and politicians but defend a bigger company in the audioworld with these tactics.....
No wonder shit wents down when people accept shit step by step and the whole gets deeper in every genre, market, life etc.

Here it is pa, whereas else it is nestle etc.

Loving their plugins but boycotting their leader and company behaviour!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:29 pm Loving their plugins but boycotting their leader and company behaviour!
that's not boycotting.

that's like saying "f**k nestle with their policies in the third world, but nescafe is lovely so ill carry on drinking that" :hihi:

or "im a vegan because of cruelty to animals, except bacon, that cures hangovers"

I try to use FB as less as possible, so I didn't read the comments there.
But if it is like some of you said, that comments have been deleted, because they were plainly critical / negative, without beeing rude or calling someone names you're right. This IS a no no!

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:27 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm Has the mood in that FB group cooled down?

(I‘m not a member of FB)
It is 80% fanboys. Or maybe because pa is censoring nicely.
Strange community over there...
I know FB sends their patrons Warnings about how their posts are in violation of TOS. I'm not saying THAT is what's happening nor do I know how limited your freedom of speech is there, but FB is anything but your friend. They work with the FBI and NSA you know. This is why I NEVER do ANYTHING on FB other than have a generic profile basically stating that I am alive on earth. That's it. The most boring profile on earth. I have never posted anything on it.

FB evil.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

jochicago wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:16 pm To be fair ...
Here is my personal experience, and I rarely post on KVR so I'm not giving this out lightly. I actually started to mention it on FB but started getting shot down here and there in the PA group..

I spent the last few years building up my plugin collection from PA. And to quote the EXACT email we received from PA:

"IT'S PERSONAL!
All the emails will be personalized by the way!
You'll get two customized offers based on

the number of different PA licenses you already own
and the amount of money you spent with us in the last year.

We have spent weeks analyzing our data and trying to come up with best and fairest offer for each and every single one of you. "

I received the same email offer with the same code as someone with no licenses. Thats not personal and customized. I was thinking maybe this was a fluke since they had issues with codes the other day. That is understandable. But then, I saw a post from someone just asking for a straight response from PA about this, including a screenshot of the email. It was deleted soon thereafter. Other replies in the threads with concerns about this issue have been unanswered.

I like their products, but this just isn't right.

Those complaining about the pricing has a point. It is natural to want to get the best value for your money. To have random plugins go on extreme sales at random times is not consistent pricing. Sure everyone has sales, but these are extreme swings in prices, like a wild stock. Chasing sales and vouchers can feel like a full time job. Sometimes even a game, for example, when being told randomly out of nowhere that the *one-time* vouchers are being reset for another use (only for those that have previously used them of course). <-- thats not upfront honesty nor fairness. And then when people complain or even makes a reasonable and valid suggestion towards how PA can improve their customer relationships they are constantly dismissed in the PA FB group for being "entitled".

It is a bit over the top.
Last edited by cliffm101 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mathematics wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:27 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm

(I‘m not a member of FB)
It is 80% fanboys. Or maybe because pa is censoring nicely.
Strange community over there...
I know FB sends their patrons Warnings about how their posts are in violation of TOS. I'm not saying THAT is what's happening nor do I know how limited your freedom of speech is there, but FB is anything but your friend. They work with the FBI and NSA you know. This is why I NEVER do ANYTHING on FB other than have a generic profile basically stating that I am alive on earth. That's it. The most boring profile on earth. I have never posted anything on it.

FB evil.png
A guy I know was banned from the group and all his comments erased after posting this:

...pretty sure NSA and FBI are after him already...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Once upon a time in a studio far, far away...

Company 1: Our plugin is the best plugin and justify it by the $300 price tag.
Company 2: My plugin is also the best. $350!
All other companies: $250, $280...!

Business partner 1: Hey Jim...uh...we're not selling anything. We only sold like 10 of those plugins in the last week.
Business partner 2: That's because people don't have the $300 to spend on our plugin today because they bought the $350 plugin yesterday. Only a few people have that kind of money to spend.
Partner 1: What kind of money does everyone have then?
Partner 2: I don't know, let's ask.

Months later, on SALE for $29! Get yours today!

Partner 1: Jim, we sold 1000 plugins last week, that's $26,000 more selling at 10% of the price vs the full price.
Partner 2: Now that new customers have had a taste of our plugins that didn't have them before, and older customers now have a few more that they didn't have before because of the price, let's offer them a subscription to get the rest of the plugins.
Partner 1: What about people that already have our plugins? How does a subscription for something they already own a perpetual license for, benefit them?
Partner 2: We'll offer them the DOAL! They can now get all the other plugins they don't own at most, half the subscription cost! Our analysis shows that only a handful of people own most of our library of plugins. So, if they complain, no matter...there are 100 times the amount of people that won't complain.
Partner 1: I see.

To be continued...
:lol:

(I‘m not a member of FB)
I'm not a member of FB either, but I stole this from a different forum, so you can see what the PA facebook group looks like... :hihi: :clap:

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Who knows how many other comments were deleted in between.

The FB group is what I imagine a Scientology group is like.

Return to “Effects”