The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
jens
KVRAF
19602 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:07 am

mgw38 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:47 am
jens wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:16 am
That's entirely ridiculous. So I guess e.g. Eventide Instant Phaser MKII is not an official and officially approved emulation of the hardware then. :hihi:
It is a business decision they made. Elysia found their logo iconic enough so that they wanted to have it in there. Eventide went a different direction. Why does this bother you? I couldn't care less.
You make zero sense. I gave it as an example of a very bad design decision for a plugin. Your argument to support this design of theirs was a bad one and I replied accordingly. And that is all there is to it.

Besides it seems you were entirely unable to really comprehend my argument, since I never suggested they should have gotten rid of the logo. Perhaps try to read what I wrote again and if all else fails maybe ask someone else for help in order to understand it better.

jens wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:16 am
Thanks for the laugh! And the insight in how the brains of some of their loyal customers function. ;-)
You do realize that you are the one obsessing about PA. ;)
I applaud your creative way of dealing with language. I am just a little afraid you may think your funny use of the word "obsessing" here may be valid for anyone but yourself.

AdvancedFollower
KVRist
404 posts since 8 May, 2018 from Sweden

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:18 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:57 am
yehboy1 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:55 am
We need a Plugin Empire to fight the Plugin Alliance.
Use the Force, KVR.
It's funny because at one point Plugin Alliance were seen as the "good guys".
Maybe it's time people realize companies don't deserve too much loyalty and praise. In the end they only want one thing - Or actually, 4 things: Cardholder name, card number, expiry date and CVC code :P

Etienne1973
KVRian
512 posts since 8 Feb, 2013 from Switzerland

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 am

Yeah. Dirk and company should keep on shoving plugins for almost nothing and vouchers down greedy throats.

perpetual3
KVRian
955 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:58 am

Etienne1973 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 am
Yeah. Dirk and company should keep on shoving plugins for almost nothing and vouchers down greedy throats.
Hey, they didn’t have to go down that route. They chose to. They devalued their own market.

This is what I see:

They’re cutting their loses. They knew many people would be upset. Doesn’t matter. They made their money from these people, but since a race to the bottom is never sustainable for all but the deepest pockets, they shift to a model which caters to the influx of new customers, those who are coming up in an age of subscriptions so the feudal/rental legacy isn’t so of putting.

J4R1O
KVRian
680 posts since 1 Jan, 2013

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:07 am

Is it still possible to use the monthly voucher to pay the PA's license transfer fee?
The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

perpetual3
KVRian
955 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:09 am

To understand how harmful the vouchers have been to the market, look into Groupon. Groupon is a voucher business and it destroyed small business in many different markets. I know because I experienced it first hand.

BeeDog
KVRist
237 posts since 31 Jan, 2018

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:58 am

perpetual3 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:09 am
To understand how harmful the vouchers have been to the market, look into Groupon. Groupon is a voucher business and it destroyed small business in many different markets. I know because I experienced it first hand.
Sure, but are we (as in customers) supposed to feel remorse for using them? I mean, it's a self-inflicted gunshot wound by PA and their marketing antics, and now when they're trying to course-correct, they're bound to piss off tons of (existing) users.

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
24342 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:04 am

J4R1O wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:07 am
Is it still possible to use the monthly voucher to pay the PA's license transfer fee?
Yes.

jochicago
KVRian
543 posts since 26 Feb, 2018

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:09 am

AdvancedFollower wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:18 am
It's funny because at one point Plugin Alliance were seen as the "good guys".
Maybe it's time people realize companies don't deserve too much loyalty and praise. In the end they only want one thing - Or actually, 4 things: Cardholder name, card number, expiry date and CVC code :P
That's not exactly fair. A lot of the companies in this space are very small, in fact even the larger companies in this space are small businesses by business standards. Plenty of these audio "companies" are 10 or fewer people, many are a single person. The vision and culture is often set by one person, so it really depends on who's at the helm.

Many plugin "companies" are hard-working developers trying to make a fair living building great plugins at reasonable prices and delivering great support.

But to your point:
companies don't deserve too much loyalty and praise
You are right. It's not companies, it's people. Good people deserve our loyalty and praise. The people that make the choice to make updates free for those that paid for the software, the ones that give the best discounts to their loyal customers, that listen to bug reports and do their best to release an update. That don't speak in hyperbole trying to confuse people out of a few $$.

I go out of my way to buy plugins from people like that.

Caine123
KVRAF
5825 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:17 am

What wonder seems my post on audiophiles was deleted without being offensive but asking how personal the codes are and why millions of codes are the same.... bs company ! Guess they can continue with this shit cause it gefs accepted.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
4101 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:21 am

Has the mood in that FB group cooled down?


(I‘m not a member of FB)
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Caine123
KVRAF
5825 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:25 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:21 am
Has the mood in that FB group cooled down?


(I‘m not a member of FB)
It is 80% fanboys. Or maybe because pa is censoring nicely.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
4101 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:27 am

Caine123 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:25 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:21 am
Has the mood in that FB group cooled down?


(I‘m not a member of FB)
It is 80% fanboys. Or maybe because pa is censoring nicely.
Strange community over there...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Caine123
KVRAF
5825 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:30 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:27 am
Caine123 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:25 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:21 am
Has the mood in that FB group cooled down?


(I‘m not a member of FB)
It is 80% fanboys. Or maybe because pa is censoring nicely.
Strange community over there...
Not that bad if you ask about opinions and help but if you criticize people say "dirk dirk dirk is a good guy. Dirk dirk" .....

And you get ignored by dirk and co about bullshit pa marketing and few days later an open letter from dirk is posted and 95% protect his company...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
4101 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Re: The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:49 am

Hope these believers generate enough money for his expensive pastime...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Return to “Effects”