Sugar Bytes - Factory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Factory

Which plugs by Sugar Bytes have they updated with the GUI zoom? It looks like crap in Thesys but it is better than no zoom!

No zoom is fine with me, I like the that their GUIs aren't ridiculously big.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I can respect that. It is nice to have the option though. Especially in 2019.

If you buy the right equipment, it shouldn't be a problem. The trouble is that people buy 4k monitors, because they don't know any better and swallow all the marketing BS, and then wonder why everything looks so tiny. It's stupid and I would think developers have better ways to spend their time.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Well, a lot of plugs are a bit too small for me on 1080. 4k isn't in my reportoir or my budget. Ha!

I tend to be visually oriented too. It would be cool to be able to change the Factory colours... Sometime a patch just sounds green!

BONES wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:29 am I should use both Factory and Cyclop more but, for some reason, I never think of them. I also bought Guitarist recently but I haven't spent much time with it yet. When I get my new laptop next week I might look at ways of putting them more front and centre because I really like both their sound and the workflows they offer.
I tend to forget about them as well, but I think I know why. If you know what you’re after, they can be a chore to work with, but if you’ve got nowhere in particular to go and are ready for a ride, buckle up. They’re going to take you.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

dandezebra wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:47 amWell, a lot of plugs are a bit too small for me on 1080.
How big is your screen? I am about to get a 17" full HD screen but for me that's just an alternative to getting an eye test and having to wear glasses. Full HD was perfectly fine on my last laptop, which was a 15" jobbie.

Windows magnifier https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ier-to-see is great. Use it all the time.

factory has resizing, update to version 1.0.6
in the settings tab

Nice to know. I'll update!

I have two 27 inch monitors on my studio PC. I'm picky when it comes to GUI though. And my stigmatism doesn't help. The doubling effect is WAY less on larger plugs.

acYm wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:00 am factory has resizing, update to version 1.0.6
in the settings tab
For some reason it seems soft not clear when I change the size! I'm fine with the original size but just wanted to know if you have the same problem, so maybe we report it to the developer.

EnGee wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:36 am
acYm wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:00 am factory has resizing, update to version 1.0.6
in the settings tab
For some reason it seems soft not clear when I change the size! I'm fine with the original size but just wanted to know if you have the same problem, so maybe we report it to the developer.
Yeah, same here, they're just upscaling a low-res image which looks terrible.

indeed, like thesys, the result gets worse as you go up the increments... at 1440p, 110 or 120 looks quite alright... bigger it's pretty blurry
I assume they'd have to re-code the whole visuals to make it scale well

I'll send email to their support then ;)

BONES wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:22 am If you buy the right equipment, it shouldn't be a problem. The trouble is that people buy 4k monitors, because they don't know any better and swallow all the marketing BS, and then wonder why everything looks so tiny. It's stupid and I would think developers have better ways to spend their time.
Most modern laptops or surface devices are at least QHD (I think yours is?) which is at least double the resolution of 1080p and certainly on my MS surface in DAWs without individual plug in scaling, some VSTs would be too small for me. I only use my MS Surface with Bitwig as it has a totally unique layout for tablets that makes it usable. So, if you want a new laptop I think your choice is very limited, if you want to downscale to 1080 with a monitor then you have that choice, I haven’t found any VSTs that are so amazing I would do that, most VSTs scale so it’s a non issue.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”