The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I passed by and listened to a couple of your songs.
I wasn't disappointed and never am when i listen to your songs.
Liked the rap but loved the "One AM". It's perfect. The song, arr and mixing is beautiful.
I don't get how you can achieve such good songs in so short production time.
I'm a bit jealous.

Saffran wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:42 pm I passed by and listened to a couple of your songs.
Liked the rap but loved the "One AM". It's perfect. The song, arr and mixing is beautiful.
I'm a bit jealous.
Well, I've been doing this for 42 years. That helps. Also, I'm actually taking longer to record a track than I used to. The rap song took me 10 days. And One AM is actually an old song that I did quite some time ago. I used to do a song a day but those days are gone. I put a lot more time into stuff now.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:46 pm
Saffran wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:42 pm I passed by and listened to a couple of your songs.
I'm a bit jealous.
Well, I've been doing this for 42 years. That helps. Also, I'm actually taking longer to record a track than I used to. The rap song took me 10 days. And One AM is actually an old song that I did quite some time ago. I used to do a song a day but those days are gone. I put a lot more time into stuff now.
Oh you in trouble now!!! You shouldn't give him a chance to blow his own horn. 10 days to come up with some wack shit....it took me 20 minutes to answer it...music and lyrics...BOOOM!! :dog:

Karma_tba wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:13 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:46 pm
I'm a bit jealous.
Oh you in trouble now!!! You shouldn't give him a chance to blow his own horn. 10 days to come up with some wack shit....it took me 20 minutes to answer it...music and lyrics...BOOOM!! :dog:
Ah come on man, I thought you and I were good now.

14th track from my upcoming CD "Still Out Of Sync"

This one took just a couple of days to do. It all seemed to come together. Dabbled with poly rhythms on this one.

P T S B

PTSB
Find out what it means to me
PTSB
Open your mind and set yourself free

PTSB
Cryptic messages for you
PTSB
Careful for you come unglued

Help is coming for you
Nothing more you can do
Just sit back and feel it
Play the cards we deal it

Instrumental Break

PTSB
Help unfold the mystery
PTSB
Strange things there for you and me

Repeat B Section

Instrumental Break

Repeat B Section

PTSB
Now you know just what it means
PTSB
Tell your friends and live your dreams

PTSB
PTSB
PTSB
PTSB

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/p-t-s-b

re: One AM. Vocaloid was OK. The first verse I thought "this is going to be boring", but the chorus is killer. Great progression. :tu:
re: PTSB - I thought its was PTSD at first, but am left wondering what it stands for. Guitar was good in that. But thought One AM was way better.

Bansaw wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:40 pm re: One AM. Vocaloid was OK. The first verse I thought "this is going to be boring", but the chorus is killer. Great progression. :tu:
re: PTSB - I thought its was PTSD at first, but am left wondering what it stands for. Guitar was good in that. But thought One AM was way better.
Too bad One AM was recorded like crap. That song was done way before I started getting a feel for mixing. But that's true about a lot of my older songs. Good songs, lousy mixes.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 pm PTSB
PTSB = Pro Tools Sounds Better :ud:

Actually I don't think the lyrics contain sufficient clues to decode the mysterious PTSB acronym.

Frantz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:03 am
wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 pm PTSB
PTSB = Pro Tools Sounds Better :ud:

Actually I don't think the lyrics contain sufficient clues to decode the mysterious PTSB acronym.
No, they really don't. :lol:

puttin' the sexy back!

Google wrote:Post traumatic stress boner

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:44 pm
Google wrote:Post traumatic stress boner
:o
Always Read the Manual!

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:16 am I'm just wondering where the guys are who asked me to do it in the first place as they said they'd listen. They're probably laughing their asses off right about now.
First you put us on your Ignore list, and then you wonder where we are. Is that the meaning of "Karma is a bitch"? :hihi:
We are also worried that when we give you a big thumbs-up for your first rap effort, you will take us off your Ignore list :-o
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 pm 14th track from my upcoming CD "Still Out Of Sync"

This one took just a couple of days to do. It all seemed to come together. Dabbled with poly rhythms on this one.

P T S B

PTSB
Find out what it means to me
PTSB
Open your mind and set yourself free

PTSB
Cryptic messages for you
PTSB
Careful for you come unglued

Help is coming for you
Nothing more you can do
Just sit back and feel it
Play the cards we deal it

Instrumental Break

PTSB
Help unfold the mystery
PTSB
Strange things there for you and me

Repeat B Section

Instrumental Break

Repeat B Section

PTSB
PTSB
Tell your friends and live your dreams

PTSB
PTSB
PTSB
PTSB

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/p-t-s-b
As soon as I read the first verse...it shouted rip off!! The cadence of the rhymes were derivative of " R-E-S-P-E-C-T Lord what that word means to me". Aretha is rolling in her grave. Didn't bother to go on from there.

Return to “Music Cafe”