One day offer to get Waves Platinum?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got an e-mail for Waves Platinum for $199. I already have a few of the included plugins. There are some included I would really like to have. The Waves plugs I do have (CLA 1176, Maxxbass, Center, etc) I really enjoy using. Anyone have experience with this bundle? Should I pull the trigger? Thanks in advance as always.

If I have learned one thing about Waves in the past years: it will come around again.
Platinum consists mostly of their older bread & butter stuff. So unless you already own gold and can get a cheap upgrade it's not that great of a deal imho.

If you decide to purchase then you should take the upgrade path. That's what I do from time to time if Waves bundles are cheap. Create an account at audiodeluxe.com and go to Upgrades > Waves Upgrades. Fill out the form there. You will get an not binding offer which can be significantly lower than $199.

Edit: Use the code at audiodeluxe.com Dirtgrain has posted.
Last edited by Etienne1973 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Waves "Platinum" ($147.24) today only with code: YNY23
https://www.reddit.com/r/AudioProductio ... ode_yny23/
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 pm Waves "Platinum" ($147.24) today only with code: YNY23
https://www.reddit.com/r/AudioProductio ... ode_yny23/
$144.24 at everyplugin.com with the sale coupon. :party: :phones:

Good if you are running on only DAW plugins. It's a good bundle, tons of decent plugins in there, at least 5-10 plugins in there that you can fall in love with and use all the time. But at the same time not really anything you can't get elsewhere, and not the line up of the more recent great plugins that Waves has put out.

A bit of a shame because with the name "Platinum" you'd expect it to be a more complete collection, but it reads more like the lineup of plugins that have fallen out of favor or never really made it. A lot of the good stuff is not there. For instance, they have some of the Hybrid line but removed the H-verb which is the most celebrated plugin in the line.

I like Waves plugins, but I struggle to recommend Platinum for most people, unless you are already familiar with some of the plugins and really want to have them. Most of these plugins are on the older side. Nothing wrong with that but by now there's tons of options that are the same or better. Like even free plugins that are the same or better, or significantly better.

For reference, these are my Waves plugins that I use all the time:
Scheps Omni - Absolutely brilliant plugin. The real channel strip for all mixes. Not in Platinum.
Vocal Rider - Great leveler. Not in Platinum.
CLA Signature series - great for beginners and quick mixes. Not in Platinum.
NLS - great solution to cure a track that sounds too digital. Not in Platinum.
H-Delay - Nice delay for everyday use, somewhat versatile and gets you there fast. This one is in Platinum.

And since I said all of that, it's only fair I argue in favor of Platinum. These are the Platinum plugins that I think are definitely worth looking at:
H-Delay
MV2
Some of the Kramer stuff
Maybe the autotune thing if you don't have another solution (some DAWS come with Melodyne)

Everything else may be good or even great but it's easily replaceable, in many cases with something much better. But still, if you see five $30 plugins you'd like, then the rest of the bundle is included in the $150 purchase. And once you are set, mixing with Waves plugins is usually pretty good. They do care about the interface and audio quality. You won't regret having them, well, maybe a bit when it's time to upgrade your machine.

Yeah, they do this regularly. It's not worth paying full price for Waves plugins, ever.

jochicago wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:53 pm A bit of a shame because with the name "Platinum" you'd expect it to be a more complete collection . . .
Ya, I was hoping it would be on par with a coveted "Platinum" from back in the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDqjc6ZHh_A
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Took the advice for the additional discount at Audio Deluxe. Just have to wait for my license codes. Seems like a nice deal, I am sure I have spent more and gotten less in life. ; )

jochicago wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:53 pm A bit of a shame because with the name "Platinum" you'd expect it to be a more complete collection, but it reads more like the lineup of plugins that have fallen out of favor or never really made it. A lot of the good stuff is not there. For instance, they have some of the Hybrid line but removed the H-verb which is the most celebrated plugin in the line.
Yeah I got Gold for ~$70 some time ago and I feel the same way. It feels more like a grab bag from the bargain bin than a collection of the very best Waves has to offer (and Platinum doesn't seem to offer that much additional content). It was cheap, and there are a few useful plugins there, but you're usually better off buying singles or smaller bundles of the plugins you actually want (like H-Series, the API collection etc.).
It's actually a bit annoying how much it cluttered up my plugins list with stuff I'll never use, though I guess you can hide them...

Return to “Effects”