DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Teksonik
KVRAF
12608 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:59 am

nevis wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:49 am
I have the same win10 1903 demo mode issue, which could not be solved by getting/importing a new license file.
So I went to this page which seems to be by DMS as it has their social media accounts linked and the "buy" button forwards to PB:
https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.com/contact

No reply as of now.
Will let you know when that changes.

Toodle pip.

Cool, thanks. I'll send a support request to them as well. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

nevis
KVRist
190 posts since 17 Dec, 2016 from Germany

Re: DMS-Ascension

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:37 am

Got the answer very quickly.
It basically boils down to what strovoknights wrote above: delete the license.dat (or move it, if you want to be extra careful), re-do the licensing process at the cubicaudio site, import the new .asl file, done.

nevis
KVRist

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:51 am

I asked Peter @ Ascension whether I could post the official information on how to solve this in this forum.
He kindly provided us with both the PC and Mac answer, so here we go:
Here's the official line for both PC & Mac license issues:

Some updates to your PC or Mac may change your Hardware ID. To fix this you'll need to re-license Ascension.

• Visit your CubicAudio > Ascension folder. If you see a file named 'license.dat' inside, delete this file.

(PC location) 'Documents > CubicAudio > Ascension
(MAC Location) 'Mac HD > Library > Application Support > CubicAudio'
gheefkefoibpgali.png

• Re-license Ascension using your serial number and the activation link below, download this file to your Desktop or Documents folder.
Licensing link: https://cubicaudio.co.uk/licensing/index.php

• Open the Ascension VST in your DAW, or Standalone. You'll find this in your Start Menu (PC) or Application folder (Mac).

• Choose Ascension > OPTIONS > Settings

• Choose 'Import License', using the 'my-name.license.asl' file from your Desktop/ Docs folder.

If Ascension is correctly licensed you will see your name on this screen:
dms_license.png
Ascension 1.5 free update coming soon!
Hope that helps the other forum members, too :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teksonik
KVRAF
12608 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:12 am

Thanks but did you ask him if this is something we'll have to do after every major Windows 10 Update ? Like I said whatever they've locked the Machine ID to is not a good idea if it can be broken so easily. I'll check to see if I got a reply as well.

I'll try this fix later when I boot the studio......

EDIT: OK I got a response to my support request as well and I gave them an ear full. Of the over four hundred plugins I own so far only Ascension and two XLN plugins were broken by the Win 10 update (even Pace soft e-licenser plugins were not affected). As I told them it hardly inspires one to purchase any other plugins that can't survive a Windows feature update without jumping through hoops to get them working again........ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

nevis
KVRist

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:08 am

Teksonik wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:12 am
Thanks but did you ask him if this is something we'll have to do after every major Windows 10 Update ?
I believe in division of labour and knew you would ;)

The 1.5 update hinted at might indeed be a good point to reconsider what leads to a new Win10 Hardware ID...

serapio
KVRer
1 posts since 29 May, 2014

Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:38 am

does DMS-Ascension ,has drums as avenger ??

Return to “Instruments”