DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

nevis wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:49 am I have the same win10 1903 demo mode issue, which could not be solved by getting/importing a new license file.
So I went to this page which seems to be by DMS as it has their social media accounts linked and the "buy" button forwards to PB:
https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.com/contact

No reply as of now.
Will let you know when that changes.

Toodle pip.

Cool, thanks. I'll send a support request to them as well. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Got the answer very quickly.
It basically boils down to what strovoknights wrote above: delete the license.dat (or move it, if you want to be extra careful), re-do the licensing process at the cubicaudio site, import the new .asl file, done.

I asked Peter @ Ascension whether I could post the official information on how to solve this in this forum.
He kindly provided us with both the PC and Mac answer, so here we go:
Here's the official line for both PC & Mac license issues:

Some updates to your PC or Mac may change your Hardware ID. To fix this you'll need to re-license Ascension.

• Visit your CubicAudio > Ascension folder. If you see a file named 'license.dat' inside, delete this file.

(PC location) 'Documents > CubicAudio > Ascension
(MAC Location) 'Mac HD > Library > Application Support > CubicAudio'
gheefkefoibpgali.png

• Re-license Ascension using your serial number and the activation link below, download this file to your Desktop or Documents folder.
Licensing link: https://cubicaudio.co.uk/licensing/index.php

• Open the Ascension VST in your DAW, or Standalone. You'll find this in your Start Menu (PC) or Application folder (Mac).

• Choose Ascension > OPTIONS > Settings

• Choose 'Import License', using the 'my-name.license.asl' file from your Desktop/ Docs folder.

If Ascension is correctly licensed you will see your name on this screen:
dms_license.png
Ascension 1.5 free update coming soon!
Hope that helps the other forum members, too :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks but did you ask him if this is something we'll have to do after every major Windows 10 Update ? Like I said whatever they've locked the Machine ID to is not a good idea if it can be broken so easily. I'll check to see if I got a reply as well.

I'll try this fix later when I boot the studio......

EDIT: OK I got a response to my support request as well and I gave them an ear full. Of the over four hundred plugins I own so far only Ascension and two XLN plugins were broken by the Win 10 update (even Pace soft e-licenser plugins were not affected). As I told them it hardly inspires one to purchase any other plugins that can't survive a Windows feature update without jumping through hoops to get them working again........ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:12 pmThanks but did you ask him if this is something we'll have to do after every major Windows 10 Update ?
I believe in division of labour and knew you would ;)

The 1.5 update hinted at might indeed be a good point to reconsider what leads to a new Win10 Hardware ID...

does DMS-Ascension ,has drums as avenger ??

serapio wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:38 pm does DMS-Ascension ,has drums as avenger ??
No, not like Avenger.

Ascension does ship with a few drum sounds: Image

I wondered why Ascension did not come with any drum kit presets, so I attempted to convert one over from SF2. Triggering "one shot" samples with this virtual instrument seems to not work properly; if you release the MIDI key, the sound immediately stops playing (which is probably fine for triggering drum loops in a sequencer). You can lengthen decay time in the volume envelope, but the volume envelope is applied to the entire preset. So it would seem that the best you can do with this virtual instrument is create one drum sound per DV2 preset. Perhaps this is why a limited number of drum sounds ship with this virtual instrument. :shrug:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

The presets you list are Subtractive - i.e they are not samples.... there are plenty of drum samples/samplers out there for free, along with great drum synths too!!

FYI we do not support ROM created using the KVR .sf2 > .di2 trick... the format may have been similar, however there are some rules to how it worked - version 1.5 uses a new format - so any 3rd party ROM will be invalid if you update. Presets based on offical ROM will function as normal.

Love, Peter @ ASC
Last edited by DMSAdmin on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
:!: Want to get in touch? Email me! info@ascension-vst-synthesizer.com :!:

:idea: Need Ascension Synth help? Visit https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.c ... ct-support :idea:

Ascension version 1.5 is out now for a limited public beta pre-release.

New Features For 2020:

• Completely New Sound Browsing Experience
• 4K Ready, Resizable GUI
• New Filter Types & Models Incl. Formant
• Updated Reverb FX By TAL Software
• New Mod Matrix Design
• 128 New presets (1222 Total)
• 120 New Waveforms (1311 Total)
• 480 MB New ROM (6 GB Total)

Want to upgrade? Simply fill in this form....

➡➡Request your free update here: https://forms.gle/jPxvHLRFbeBuWBVe7

:idea: Need Ascension Synth help? Visit https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.c ... ct-support :idea:

Upgraded and installed seamlessly (read the instructions). Gotta say the old browser put me off massively from using this. The new one is a million times better and will probably get far more use :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Glad that it went well - for PC users the old Windows10 license issue (when a Win updates breaks your license, should be fixed! You *may* need to re-licence, however there should be no issues over-writing the old out-dated licence!

We'd love to hear more feedback from upgraders!

Peter @ ASC

Great update, the new browser is great! I wish we could see some optimization on the cpu at some point, for some reason Ascension is the heaviest VSTi I own. Also, the ability to import SFZ multisamples would be great! Awesome update overall Cubic audio, thank you!

DMSAdmin wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:13 am
FYI we do not support ROM created using the KVR .sf2 > .di2 trick... the format may have been similar, however there are some rules to how it worked - version 1.5 uses a new format - so any 3rd party ROM will be invalid if you update. Presets based on offical ROM will function as normal.

Love, Peter @ ASC
:(

Ascension 1.5 is officially available - free update for registered users - please contact your store of purchase to grab your update. If you don't already own Ascension you can download a demo or grab it at 50% discount from Plugin Boutique right now.

Apart from fixing the super-annoying Windows 10 update/ licensing bug we've fine tuned our ROM format for smaller downloads along with adding new FM control options for each oscillator, plus:

• Completely New Sound Browsing Experience.
• 4K Ready, Resizable GUI.
• New Filter Models & Types.
• Improved Reverb FX.
• New Mod Matrix.
• 128 New presets (1222 Total).
• 120 New Waveforms (1311 Total).
• 480 MB New ROM (6 GB Total).

If you encounter any bugs or issues drop us a report here.

Big love,
Peter @ ASC

This is by WA Productions now right ? But its co-made by CubicAudio, now that name rings a bell, did they do Evolution a long time ago ? Was a decent little ROMpler for EDM ?

I am pretty sure its the same company that did a piano VST, which I cained because it was so nice, but be damned if I can still find it, and it would be 32bit only now anyway. If its the same company I

I had an email from WA Productions with this on offer and im wondering about it.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Instruments”