The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:49 pm
pixel85 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:43 pm So now even people who have all PA plug-ins do subscription. Looks like PA is a new Apple :) Why not simply give your own credit card to PA? If you love a company and you want to give them money, go full throttle! :)
If you have all plugins you got a $149.99 per year offer for the subscription. If you resell the plugins at only 15$ per plugin on average, your existing plugins pay for the subscription for the next decade. This is not that unattractive.
I wonder if I’ll be able to finish a song within a decade.

pixel85 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:43 pm So now even people who have all PA plug-ins do subscription. Looks like PA is a new Apple :) Why not simply give your own credit card to PA? If you love a company and you want to give them money, go full throttle! :)
If you have all plugins you got a $149.99 per year offer for the subscription. If you resell the plugins at only 15$ per plugin on average, your existing plugins pay for the subscription for the next decade. This is not that unattractive.
That makes sense but from posts on FB Group it doesnt seem like it's the reason to do it but to support the best plugins developer in the universe :)

pixel85 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:10 pm
That makes sense but from posts on FB Group it doesnt seem like it's the reason to do it but to support the best plugins developer in the universe :)
If you have enough plugins, PA is around long enough and you sell every plugin at all, this could work.

:tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:20 pm
Another good point. - Scotty

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:32 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:20 pm
Another good point. - Scotty
Caveat: maybe only a few plugins still hold a $15 value.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Happy to take Shadow Hills, Triad, Hawkeye or HG-2 off anybody for $15 if you want to start testing the theory. PM me :)

lnikj wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:18 am Happy to take Shadow Hills, Triad, Hawkeye or HG-2 off anybody for $15 if you want to start testing the theory. PM me :)
+1! 😃
I’ll help with your subscription too....

lnikj wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:18 am Happy to take Shadow Hills, Triad, Hawkeye or HG-2 off anybody for $15 if you want to start testing the theory. PM me :)
I can help with bx_subsynth! PM me.

jmays5150 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:07 am
Did I list that ? :roll:

And if the price goes up for next year's subscription?

lnikj wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:49 am
That's the spirit! Way to be a jerk! :tu:

:roll:

Russell Grand wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:20 am
lnikj wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:49 am
That's the spirit! Way to be a jerk! :tu:

:roll:
Happy to help :) BTW, did you note it was his/her first post? Not generally considered the optimal route to successful sales around here.

Maybe her/her meant he/she can help with taking Subsynth for 15$, just like you were willing to take those you listed for that amount. That's at least how I interpreted it the first time I read it.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

If you want to sell PA plugins you need to wait until the market has cooled down again. At the moment it is oversaturated with relatively low offers from people who either want to take the first mover advantage or who are trying to prove the point that they hate PA. Give it a couple of months. There are a few plugins that will continue to hold value and there always have been those who you cannot get rid of even if you give them away for free. But on average, the 15$ per plugin should be fairly accurate. It will also depend a but on PA's pricing policy from now on. If PA stops sending out monthly vouchers, which seems to be the way this is developing, resale values might even go up a bit.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Effects”