Looking for analog synths

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

+1 for Dreadbox or SE-02.

Alternatives that probably only qualify if on sale or discounted somewhere: Deepmind 12 desktop, MFB Dominion Club

zabal wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:53 am cool I will check them. Are you sure it's compatible with his system?
Totally. I understand your brother has a NI audio interface, with midi in/out ... which is perfect. Same setup I use with Live and my analog hardware.

Crave seems too limited for a first hardware synth.

thank you all for the help :clap: :clap: :clap:
I will do my home work about the synth you suggested and probably buy one of them.

IK Multimedia Uno is cheap. Also small which can be important for some.

Moog Mother 32 seems like a good fit!

Does it matter if the synth is only monophonic ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Minilogue because it’s polyphonic.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Access Virus Ti 2! But its quite expensive xD

I’d recommend anything that’s been mentioned, except for the ridiculous Virus suggestion. I’d say the most important thing is making sure what you pick has a nice knobby interface, without too much menu diving, or really any. That would put the Bass Station 2 at the bottom of my list, even though it’s got a great sound. No menus, but there are a fair amount of things that need alternate key presses to control. It makes it very powerful as an instrument, but less immediate to use.

Still, you can’t really go wrong with the current crop of cheap analogs. Warning: they are habit forming.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

imrae wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:12 am Crave seems too limited for a first hardware synth.
Also, who knows what year it will eventually reach stores... :hihi:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”