No More Excuses...Please Help A Wannabe Songwriter

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:45 am End Of The Day is one of my better songs. You can hear it again any time. It's on my Soundcloud page. If you want it on a record, you can have it on a record.

I'm sorry, I'm totally confused here. Isn't that what I'm trying to do, get somebody to put one of my songs on a record? If you found one you like that much, you can have it. I'm not saying no.

What am I missing here?
You are missing that you are missing most of the process. Most of the things that make people want to buy into an act. Buy into Wags.

I don't want some random song. It means sweet FA. I want to feel connected to the artist and his record. That thing we call an album is not 10 random songs shoved in a cardboard sleeve. It is a meta-story. As Jackson Browne said, a record is a record of that time in our lives. People want to share in that. Short-change or short-circuit that and people can't get interested - or esp these days they have been distracted by 15 other FB posts about cats and avocado.

Slow down. I have collated and gone through your first swipe a the Artist Development Course. Someone already pointed it out. You have short-changed yourself the whole way through. You saw it as a set of boxes to tick to get to the next thing. You didn't want to face any of the challenges. But God, being the kind bastard he is, kept you in the game and you did face one.

That is great. Now let's really do the course. PM Coming...

:hug:

Benedict wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:54 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:45 am End Of The Day is one of my better songs. You can hear it again any time. It's on my Soundcloud page. If you want it on a record, you can have it on a record.

I'm sorry, I'm totally confused here. Isn't that what I'm trying to do, get somebody to put one of my songs on a record? If you found one you like that much, you can have it. I'm not saying no.

What am I missing here?
You are missing that you are missing most of the process. Most of the things that make people want to buy into an act. Buy into Wags.

I don't want some random song. It means sweet FA. I want to feel connected to the artist and his record. That thing we call an album is not 10 random songs shoved in a cardboard sleeve. It is a meta-story. As Jackson Browne said, a record is a record of that time in our lives. People want to share in that. Short-change or short-circuit that and people can't get interested - or esp these days they have been distracted by 15 other FB posts about cats and avocado.

Slow down. I have collated and gone through your first swipe a the Artist Development Course. Someone already pointed it out. You have short-changed yourself the whole way through. You saw it as a set of boxes to tick to get to the next thing. You didn't want to face any of the challenges. But God, being the kind bastard he is, kept you in the game and you did face one.

That is great. Now let's really do the course. PM Coming...

:hug:
So in other words, I failed the course and you want me to take it over.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:51 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:47 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:24 am
Unaspected wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:15 am
Hink wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:03 am

I think it's a damn good idea :?
You must have missed the break-through, Hink. There is no more ignore list!

Wags is taking back control and facing up to things. Which is admirable.
viewtopic.php?p=7469865
Well, let's see. I thanked Hink for deleting all the out of context posts about me, more than any other member here these last 3 weeks, and he called me sad. So I said I'm sorry he feels that way and I said I wouldn't bother him anymore.

I didn't yell. I didn't scream. I didn't curse. I just moved on. I won't be back there, especially since he specifically told everybody not to quote me anymore. So I don't see what the problem is.

I've taken you off ignore and I'll take whatever it is you want to throw at me, but I have to wonder. If you dislike me so much, or think I'm a miserable person or whatever (because I'm certainly not your favorite person on this forum) why are you here? I mean I don't go to Karma's threads anymore.

I just don't understand why people here who obviously don't care much for me are in my threads? Are you bored? Does it give you some pleasure to continually point out my shortcomings?

I am really curious as to why some people who have made no attempt to hide their dislike of me are still here.

Could you maybe make me understand what the fascination is?
Where did I say I disliked you? You read so much into what people post. In the quotes thread, I posted in the spirit of the thread. Its a bit of a laugh, y'know. You are particularly quotable ... so I quoted you. Your response was "TCC go f**k yourself" ... not a quote, or funny. Just aggressive. Its me who should be asking you why you hate me. Please put me back on ignore.
I'm sorry but the ignore list is gone. I guess I just didn't get your sense of humor with me. I thought you were always taking shots at me. That's on me.

But that's okay, if you don't want me to talk to you anymore I won't. I actually respect other people's wishes when they tell me to leave them alone.

Anyway, once again, I'm sorry for what I said.

I hope you have a good evening.
But its not just me, is it? This is the second time today you have apologised to me, which tells me you have no real sincerity. Goodnight.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:42 am
Michael L wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:38 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 amI guess I should be grateful for that much
You don't have to. You can keep trolling everybody.
I'm going to ask you the same question I asked TCC. I'd appreciate you answering it. If you think I'm such a miserable person, why are you still here?
I don't. I am pointing out the disconnect between your obvious musical gifts and your online nastiness. You can read the same message over and over in this thread: be talented AND nice. You got the first half down. Now, "WOW ME!"

PS. There are other people posting in this thread.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:03 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:42 am
Michael L wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:38 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 amI guess I should be grateful for that much
You don't have to. You can keep trolling everybody.
I'm going to ask you the same question I asked TCC. I'd appreciate you answering it. If you think I'm such a miserable person, why are you still here?
I don't. I am pointing out the disconnect between your obvious musical gifts and your online nastiness. You can read the same message over and over in this thread: be talented AND nice. You got the first half down. Now, "WOW ME!"
Let me ask you a question Michael. Let's assume I am a nasty SOB. And I assure you, it's ONLY online. Why do you think that is? Do you think it's been totally unprovoked? That people come up to me and say "Hey Wags, what's up" and I respond with "Screw you?"

There has to be some reason why I act the way I do. If you notice, there are some people here who I get along with just fine, even people who have criticized me.

Most rational people aren't nasty for absolutely no reason.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:08 amMost rational people aren't nasty for absolutely no reason.
As a Registered Internet Psychologist (R.I.P.) with multiple diplomas from iFixit, my diagnosis is that you are not rational. You perceive things that are not there, and do not perceive things that are there. What Benedict says is spot-on. Ignore me. Listen to him.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:13 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:08 amMost rational people aren't nasty for absolutely no reason.
As a Registered Internet Psychologist (R.I.P.) with multiple diplomas from iFixit, my diagnosis is that you are not rational. You perceive things that are not there, and do not perceive things that are there. What Benedict says is spot-on. Ignore me. Listen to him.
Okay, so I'm not rational. Do you enjoy interacting with me here? Just curious.

Weird seeing OPs trolling their own thread ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:20 am Weird seeing OPs trolling their own thread ...
No, I'm just trying to understand why some people (yourself included) are still here. Didn't you want me to put you back on ignore? So then why are you still here? What, I'm not allowed to talk to you but you can come into this thread and say anything you want?

Do you really think that's fair?

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:16 amOkay, so I'm not rational. Do you enjoy interacting with me here? Just curious.
I thought your decision to write and post your first rap was awesome. I also thought the following PTSB tune was catchy. But I was on your ignore list. See the disconnect? Of course you do. Not helpful. So stop it, if you can.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Hey, can we cut Wags some slack here?

He doesn't always respond in the best manner (and nor do all of you for that matter). If you look in the details (and I have read this whole thread this morning) then Wags has actually had a BIG breakthrough. We should be celebrating and supporting that. That includes Wags who may not fully realize what happened here today ;-)

A moment is only that if it is ignored/forgotten. It changes a life if it built upon.

I am very much trying to help Wags with his very first reason for this thread: it is time to step up and break on through to the other side/ Cue:
https://youtu.be/-r679Hhs9Zs

And Wags, don't see it as fail so much as draft one could use some expansion. It is a matter of perspective. PM is sent.

:-)

Michael L wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:23 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:16 amOkay, so I'm not rational. Do you enjoy interacting with me here? Just curious.
I thought your decision to write and post your first rap was awesome. I also thought the following PTSB tune was catchy. But I was on your ignore list. See the disconnect? Of course you do. Not helpful. So stop it, if you can.
Yes, I probably missed a few nice comments because I had people on ignore. I stopped that. I'm now taking whatever people want to throw my way. I'm trying. It won't be easy. I've had years of Internet that can't be unlearned overnight. It will take time. But I am trying.

Benedict wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:24 am Hey, can we cut Wags some slack here?

He doesn't always respond in the best manner (and nor do all of you for that matter). If you look in the details (and I have read this whole thread this morning) then Wags has actually had a BIG breakthrough. We should be celebrating and supporting that. That includes Wags who may not fully realize what happened here today ;-)

A moment is only that if it is ignored/forgotten. It changes a life if it built upon.

I am very much trying to help Wags with his very first reason for this thread: it is time to step up and break on through to the other side/ Cue:
https://youtu.be/-r679Hhs9Zs

And Wags, don't see it as fail so much as draft one could use some expansion. It is a matter of perspective. PM is sent.

I honestly don't know how much differently I'm going to answer the questions the second time around but I'm going to copy and paste all my answers into an Open Office doc and see where I can expand on things. I really didn't just tick boxes. I really tried to answer as honestly as I could. If you don't believe that then there's not really much I can do about it.

I will see where I can improve. I get that you're testing me and I get that I have to prove that I'm worthy of your help. There will come a time, however, where if I can't get past this test that I will give up.

I guess that's what you're looking to see, how determined I really am to make it.

I guess we're gonna find out.

Ok, you answered here:

Sure there is a bit of the "testing you thing" but that is the minimal part of it. The real thing is all there in the articles but you missed it. Just like almost everyone misses it totally ;-) I am getting you to test and therefore temper yourself.

To have something to sell you have to have something to sell. Something worthy of the sort of passion that you put into "Bat Out Of Hell" when you listen. The passion that you put in because Jim S et al put in something beyond the average. They made a record that is enough to make God cry. That is more than just doing a bit of songwriting.

No one has great answers the first time. Most give up before they even finish their first answer. Notice how the promise is there bottom of every page that I will help. Know how many people ask? NONE.

This has been a really great thread, with many practical suggestions that I am taking in.
Thanks to Wagtunes for starting it and everyone else for contributing! :clap:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”