Cytomic Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:49 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 am
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:19 am But you will not release your synth through Plugin Alliance platform, will you?
It will use PA, iLok, c/r, cocklock and gobbler.. All at the same time :hihi:
Cocklock? :scared:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:07 am
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:49 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 am
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:19 am But you will not release your synth through Plugin Alliance platform, will you?
It will use PA, iLok, c/r, cocklock and gobbler.. All at the same time :hihi:
Cocklock? :scared:
Ouch!

Is this the new KVR interpretation of VSTi...
Very_Sadistic_Treatment_innit :shrug:

I hope this synth has the features of not just the original MS-20 (including duophonic mode which could be patched!) but also the desktop kit (pwm, osc fm, sync).

Oh and I hope the patch cables are automatable, like uhe's Bazille. Very useful for hardware mapping. You can turn a knob and assign the wires to different sources.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:06 pm I hope this synth has the features of not just the original MS-20 (including duophonic mode which could be patched!) but also the desktop kit (pwm, osc fm, sync).

Oh and I hope the patch cables are automatable, like uhe's Bazille. Very useful for hardware mapping. You can turn a knob and assign the wires to different sources.
I hope there are no wires. They seem redundant in software.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:06 pm I hope this synth has the features of not just the original MS-20 (including duophonic mode which could be patched!) but also the desktop kit (pwm, osc fm, sync).

lets hope it has none of the features pictured further up the page... :scared:

or the :angel: version...

looks like someone takes their cucumber security very seriously indeed.

Any news? :hyper:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:24 am Any news? :hyper:
I hope there are presets for future tropical bass house :hihi:
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 am
I hope there are presets for future tropical bass house :hihi:
:dog: :lol:

No specific progress on the synth to report, but I am still working on bits and pieces of it in the background.

I've spent the last couple of months finishing a full SIMD abstraction layer to support ARM NEON as well as Intel/AMD SSE, which means I've got everything in place for iOS versions of Cytomic plugins, standalone embedded hardware (The Glue in a Eurorack module would be pretty nice), and also I'm ready for when Microsoft and Apple ship ARM computers for Windows and macOS, which will most likely happen in the next 5 years or so.

Right now I'm back to finishing off The Scream, then I'll update The Glue, then work on the synth, so it's still a ways off.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:11 am and also I'm ready for when Microsoft and Apple ship ARM computers for Windows and macOS, which will most likely happen in the next 5 years or so.
ugh.. some day i'll have to read about why it's advantageous for computers to move to ARM from intel/AMD assuming it's something more than pure speed/efficiency/battery life/availability/instruction sets? ?

i have no idea. perhaps all 3 platforms will exist together in a forever on going cluster**** for developers who just end up having to support more platforms.

it's wise of you to prepare for what comes. personally i'll probably be frozen on my current systems until they crap out...

dayjob wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:36 am ugh.. some day i'll have to read about why it's advantageous for computers to move to ARM from intel/AMD assuming it's something more than pure speed/efficiency/battery life/availability/instruction sets? ?

i have no idea. perhaps all 3 platforms will exist together in a forever on going cluster**** for developers who just end up having to support more platforms.

it's wise of you to prepare for what comes. personally i'll probably be frozen on my current systems until they crap out...
Less energy usage means less heat which means less need for fans and less throttling of the cpu which means higher sustained performance which means more consistent processing for audio.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Dillinger wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:00 pm

I hope there are no wires. They seem redundant in software.
I hate fake wires too. Visual noise. I like the way VAZ Modular used to do it, but I also like Massive X’s flow chart view.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

MMMMh Glue Eurorack yes please
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Return to “Instruments”