Cubase 10 Audio Alignment

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great new feature going by the video, but I can't get it to work. Can't even load a reference file. Anyone else having issues with this?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I haven't tried it yet, but I've read reviews that indicated that it wasn't yet ready for prime-time.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I've just done a reinstall but makes no difference. Cubase 10 has got really quite buggy; little things stopping working. May go back to 9 and see how it goes.

If its any comfort, I can get it to work here ok... a little hit-and-miss with results, but it has got better since first release - it has saved me time...

So, you should at least be able to load it up with some files:-
1. make sure the files are flattened (rendered/bounced) before trying them in the AA tool
2. I've found it doesn't like long files (full main vox) so well as shorter ones, for better alignment results (bounce sections first.!)
3. I've read elsewhere high sample rate material may have a bearing on whether it works (no personal experience of any of that; 44.1/48Khz works here).

Anyway, good luck.!
Bob
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:23 amGreat new feature going by the video, but I can't get it to work. Can't even load a reference file. Anyone else having issues with this?
You're not really explaining what it means you "can't get it to work", so just in case - are you on Cubase Pro 10? Only the Pro version includes this feature:

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/compare-editions/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Yep, Pro 10 version.
OK. I highlight the audio file in the project, click on the + button to add it as a reference and nothing happens. Maybe I have something turned off?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”