DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

I can't seem to import my Flexi script anymore - if I click select and browse to it the files are all greyed out - is it no longer supporting txt files?

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:47 am I can't seem to import my Flexi script anymore - if I click select and browse to it the files are all greyed out - is it no longer supporting txt files?
The file-ending should be ".properties", so simply rename your file. On Windows you can load them anyway. Is this Mac?

Yes I'll try that thanks

Hey Moss,

Just letting you know I spent the past 2 weeks stress testing the workaround with thread safety for the graphics API. It WORKS!

Zero crashes using your Push 2 script with Bitwig 2.51 and 3.0 on macOS, massive projects that would normally cause at least 1-5 crashes to desktop with no warning every production session. Zero! Which is amazing, it means your script can finally be used for Mac Push 2 owners on Bitwig. Which is amazing, cos the script is awesome.

Anyone who has been using Push2 with Mac and experiencing crashes, you are in luck, we have isolated where the problem is coming from. This doesn't solve the core issue (it's a workaround) but it does mean we know where the crash is coming from.
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

Hi Moss,

today i bought a Beatstep (Firmware 1.2.0.3). So far so good.
I have installed you latest DrivenByMoss-7.02.zip ind i followed your installation Guide on your Github Site.

Then i opened Bitwig 3.01 and select your Beatstep Script in the Controller Section.

Then the Mess starts.
When i press Shift on the Beatstep the Track Mode is on Pad 13 and the LED is not shining Red. Track Mode is on Pad 14 and the Red Light shine.
The Presetbrowser is on Shift - Pad 11 & 12.
When I'am in the Drum Mode and i press a Pad there is no trigger in the Drum Maschine Device. When i press the Padnumber 9 in Drum Mode number 13 shine also up.
In Stepmode the Sequence is running, when i press Pad 1 and 9 then 5 and 13 shine up and then the Notes are triggerd in the Drum Maschine Device.

Everything is confused and i didn't know what to do.
I also deinstalled everything and installed again but it is always the same.
Please Help !!! ;)

DeepNorth wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm Hi Moss,

today i bought a Beatstep (Firmware 1.2.0.3). So far so good.
I have installed you latest DrivenByMoss-7.02.zip ind i followed your installation Guide on your Github Site.

Then i opened Bitwig 3.01 and select your Beatstep Script in the Controller Section.

Then the Mess starts.
When i press Shift on the Beatstep the Track Mode is on Pad 13 and the LED is not shining Red. Track Mode is on Pad 14 and the Red Light shine.
The Presetbrowser is on Shift - Pad 11 & 12.
When I'am in the Drum Mode and i press a Pad there is no trigger in the Drum Maschine Device. When i press the Padnumber 9 in Drum Mode number 13 shine also up.
In Stepmode the Sequence is running, when i press Pad 1 and 9 then 5 and 13 shine up and then the Notes are triggerd in the Drum Maschine Device.

Everything is confused and i didn't know what to do.
I also deinstalled everything and installed again but it is always the same.
Please Help !!! ;)
Did you load the Beatstep template that is included in the DrivenByMoss zip?

thx for your answer...
yes, in the mcc...
i think a solved the problem for a half...
i figured out the midi mapping was not right on the beatstep. (recall + pad 16). before a have recall + pad 1 or so.
anyway, the sequencer mode is still not working on a drum maschine device clip track (not the session view), rest seems to be okay...

Hi Moss, thanks so much for your Software! Two questions:

1) I use your Flexi script with my Behringer X-touch mini. Since it has 8 Encoders I mapped the faders and some buttons to actions for the tracks 1 to 8. But the X-touch mini internally has two switchable layers, so it would be perfect to be able to also map directly to track 9 to 16. Do you think I could do this with the flexi script or some other solution? Do you know if bitwig even offers access to more than 8 tracks?
If I understand it correctly, the current solution supports several actions like select, mute,... for groups of 8 tracks (tracks 1 to 8, 9 to 16, 17 to 24 and so on) and the actual tracks you can control depend on the circumstance in which of these "groups of 8" your currently selected track is.

2) What is the workflow for opening the plugin windows while using Komplete Kontrol hardware? I have the A61 and therefore often need to see the KK GUI. I know I can make Bitwig always show the plugins for the selected track but maybe there is another solution. Btw does pressing the 4D encoder have no function in track mode atm?

TVbene wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:48 pm 1) I use your Flexi script with my Behringer X-touch mini. Since it has 8 Encoders I mapped the faders and some buttons to actions for the tracks 1 to 8. But the X-touch mini internally has two switchable layers, so it would be perfect to be able to also map directly to track 9 to 16. Do you think I could do this with the flexi script or some other solution? Do you know if bitwig even offers access to more than 8 tracks?
It is possible to have any number of tracks but the problem is that you need to decide on that when the extension starts and cannot change it afterwards, which means I would need to create variants for each option. Furthermore, the Generic Flexi commands would double.
Since it supports the MCU protocol can it, can it emulate an extender? Then you could try to use my MCU with extender implementation.
TVbene wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:48 pm 2) What is the workflow for opening the plugin windows while using Komplete Kontrol hardware? I have the A61 and therefore often need to see the KK GUI. I know I can make Bitwig always show the plugins for the selected track but maybe there is another solution. Btw does pressing the 4D encoder have no function in track mode atm?
It is not possible with the A-series. The functionality is very limited with the Kontrol keyboards and I have not much options changing that.

Thanks a lot for the info! I'll try with your extender solution.

Version 7.03 is online! Small number, lot's of changes!

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • All devices
    • New: Moved scale settings to document
  • Ableton Push 2
    • New: Set a new color palette for the pad LEDs to be closer to the Bitwig colors.
    • Fixed: The default note view is set to Play again, was Drum View.
  • APC40
    • Fixed: All views except Play View were drawn wrong.
  • Komplete Kontrol MkII
    • New: Added a parameter/device mode (CLEAR button to toggle)!
  • Maschine Mikro MkIII
    • Fixed: Display warning when no device is selected in parameter mode
    • Fixed: Indicate non-existing parameters as "None" in parameter mode
  • MCU
    • Fixed: Jogwheel jumped back one step after movement ended
  • Novation Remote SL Mk III
    • Fixed: Drawing of track and device modes were wrong when no track was selected (2nd try)
  • OSC
    • Fixed: Open Stage Control template produced a crash if the master volume was changed.
Enjoy!

OMG! The new Komplete MKII addition is fantastic, thank you!

Does anyone know how I can edit the script to map the 'Plugin' button on my KKMKII to toggle a device window and open it? I have this as a key command (W) currently but I want to add this to my controller as well if possible. If not maybe I have to look at linking MIDI -> toggling a key command through BetterTouchTool or something. This would be another game changer for my workflow. I may try myself but I am a script noob. Thanks!

qoyl wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:08 pm OMG! The new Komplete MKII addition is fantastic, thank you!
So it should control device params without needing flexi now? I tried but not working that way for me.

Oh I see you have to go into the Mixer view - then toggle between the 2 modes. Brilliant!! Thanks Moss!!

And I can also use it with Flexi still enabling me to move between device panel pages etc

Return to “Controller Scripting”