Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.5.0 update!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
100tifiko
KVRist
294 posts since 28 Jun, 2017

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Manuel please make a multiple drum sq like the arp you can have 4 different ones thats going to be awsome

100tifiko
KVRist
294 posts since 28 Jun, 2017

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:00 pm

Also I got a nice multi sample of a short violin but I want to extend the tail adding a sustain to keep the last point would be nice. I tried using thr mov env and adding a sustain but didn't work

sircuit
KVRian
746 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:48 pm

strongergodzilla wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:59 am
Wow great sale, have to say im very tempted. Would you guys say the stock synth without any XP's has a pretty diverse range? Or do the XP's greatly add to the usability of avenger?
It’s easy: if you regularly purchase presets (have this workflow of using presets more than designing yourself), then you cant go wrong with these.

On the other hand if you rather design, then factory already have the basics.

100tifiko
KVRist
294 posts since 28 Jun, 2017

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Loving this sale and man Manuel you know all the in and out of this awesome synth. Best thing to learn is to recreate some of your presets. Hope cinematic 3 is ready and as good as atmospherica 1

User avatar
jeffb01
KVRian
883 posts since 18 Apr, 2006

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:42 pm

strongergodzilla wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:59 am
Wow great sale, have to say im very tempted. Would you guys say the stock synth without any XP's has a pretty diverse range? Or do the XP's greatly add to the usability of avenger?
I would definitely say so. It comes with 600 wavetables, which is way more than any other wavetable synth around (that I know of). It does it all without buying any XPs, though XPs add more of everything (wavetables, samples, Wave shapes, and obviously presets). I think if you use granular synthesis a lot, I would consider possibly buying the granular xp or Atmospherica xp - but not necessary.

Ryan99
KVRian
768 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:56 pm

jeffb01 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:42 pm
strongergodzilla wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:59 am
Wow great sale, have to say im very tempted. Would you guys say the stock synth without any XP's has a pretty diverse range? Or do the XP's greatly add to the usability of avenger?
I would definitely say so. It comes with 600 wavetables, which is way more than any other wavetable synth around (that I know of). It does it all without buying any XPs, though XPs add more of everything (wavetables, samples, Wave shapes, and obviously presets). I think if you use granular synthesis a lot, I would consider possibly buying the granular xp or Atmospherica xp - but not necessary.
Here's an example of an XP. Just watch the first couple of minutes, and you will have a pretty good idea of some amazing stuff added in an expansion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnpqKZgU7AU

Razzia
KVRist
364 posts since 21 May, 2016

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:20 pm

jeffb01 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:42 pm
I think if you use granular synthesis a lot, I would consider possibly buying the granular xp or Atmospherica xp - but not necessary.
This is, IMO, the best part of the XPs. Wavetables are nice little shortcuts and all, but you can make some really cool stuff with the granular engine and it's nice to have a bunch of samples for the granular engine collected by a much better sound designer than me

olepro
KVRAF
1551 posts since 19 Apr, 2003 from Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Ryan99 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:56 pm
jeffb01 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:42 pm
strongergodzilla wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:59 am
Wow great sale, have to say im very tempted. Would you guys say the stock synth without any XP's has a pretty diverse range? Or do the XP's greatly add to the usability of avenger?
I would definitely say so. It comes with 600 wavetables, which is way more than any other wavetable synth around (that I know of). It does it all without buying any XPs, though XPs add more of everything (wavetables, samples, Wave shapes, and obviously presets). I think if you use granular synthesis a lot, I would consider possibly buying the granular xp or Atmospherica xp - but not necessary.
Here's an example of an XP. Just watch the first couple of minutes, and you will have a pretty good idea of some amazing stuff added in an expansion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnpqKZgU7AU
Well, it's all good and impressive with all these sequences, but why buy Manuel's music in a synth?
I don't see the mening with all these finished one finger soundtracks.
This is what the DAW is for, or Avenger if i make my own sequences
I can see these as a good selling point to grab attension about the product, but why would i use these for my own music?
I have the synth, and it is a monster powerhouse for create practically everything synth related (including small one finger soundtracks)
But well, that's just me
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

User avatar
msvs
KVRAF
1753 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm

its easy: because you can turn off any ARP and play your own. See an SQ preset as an "example" how to use, but its not mandatory. Like a normal preset, but you get x-times as much. You will have for example 4 presets instead of 1... bass, lead, pads, additional synths and drums.
Furthermore in a SQ preset you have everything suiting to each other: The bassline suits to the drums, and the lead and pads are already mixed to make them all work with each other. Like said: melodies can be changed, arps can be turned off, all oscs/sounds can still be transformed - its all open!
http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

olepro
KVRAF
1551 posts since 19 Apr, 2003 from Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:09 pm

msvs wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm
its easy: because you can turn off any ARP and play your own. See an SQ preset as an "example" how to use, but its not mandatory. Like a normal preset, but you get x-times as much. You will have for example 4 presets instead of 1... bass, lead, pads, additional synths and drums.
Furthermore in a SQ preset you have everything suiting to each other: The bassline suits to the drums, and the lead and pads are already mixed to make them all work with each other. Like said: melodies can be changed, arps can be turned off, all oscs/sounds can still be transformed - its all open!
Well said, but actual problem is maybe that these seq patches sounds too good to be changed :wink: 8)
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Rasco
KVRist
82 posts since 27 Nov, 2015

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:52 am

I bought the plugin when it was released but it didn't run properly on my DAW so I didn't bother with it.

Now the sale caught my attention and I think about buying some expansions. I installed the plugin on my mobile rig and it behaves like crazy. As soon as I open the GUI the fans spin on total maximum and the Laptop gets so hot it's almost scary. CPU usage is shown as over 30% with only 1 instance and not a single note being played. So CPU-wise: 1 Instance open GUI = 30 instances playing. The plugin doesn't look THAT fancy to me:)

As soon as I close the GUI usage goes back to under 8%. I can run over 20 instances playing simultaneously and it shows 30% when the GUI is closed.

Setup is a Mid 2015 MacBook Pro with 4 x 2.8GhZ I7 and 16GB of Ram, which runs every other plugin I've ever tried just fine. I can run Serum instances for days.

What's up with that?
Really hope someone can help me with that, since I would love to use the synth.
sircuit wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:10 am
Warehouseparty wrote:Guess it's more the OS that should be proper coded.
And yet... the only plugins with exactly the similar GUI issues (high GPU taxing when GUI open and playback stopped - so doing nothing) are all Vengeance (software renderer for older ones and OpenGL for new one) and Rapid (another European developer). This is already a history of improper coding.

Plus, on my second computer which is a PC the videocard's fans start spinning soon after opening Avenger (granted, is a 6 year old video card but again, the fans only start when I play games otherwise).
And finally, when displayed on 100% Avenger takes a little less GPU on macOS than BioShock Infinite which is a game (!).

And this is excluding DAW crashes, cracks and pops.

So yes, macOS should be properly coded :clap:

User avatar
Faiky
KVRist
190 posts since 23 Jun, 2012

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:04 am

Hi Manuel! Thanks to the 50% sale I was finally able to get over buying such a powerful synthesizer. I don't regret it at all, I'm a little bit in love, thanks for this work and the user-oriented collaboration! It turned out so great.

I still wish for the following:

- phase per partial (in FFT editor) like Image Line Sytrus/Harmor
- amount for VStrength randomness per partial
- Would you also like to deal with image resynthesis in the future? Insert frequency images as in IL Harmor or create wavetable from image as in Serum?

What I want as a new feature, what I haven't found in any synthesizer:

- keytracking arp pattern speed (repetition is based on sound frequency, not on playing speed.)
> Or a resample lock option, that the osc cannot resample, but the wave is repeated as a one-shot in the frequency of the played tone.
It feels like I've been looking for this function all my life, but nobody does.

Danke und schmilz nicht dahin!

User avatar
hivkorn
KVRAF
3240 posts since 6 Sep, 2007 from France

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:25 am

*problem solved* :tu:
Last edited by hivkorn on Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saukar30
KVRian
1242 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:01 am

So...I'm trying the demo, and tried importing some SFZs and they all gave a error message saying that Avenger can't find the content, etc in the file. These SFZs load fine in all of my other samples that use SFZs. Is this a limitation of the demo or for SFZ files should there be some more opcodes used in the file for them to import correctly?

Sindikhate
KVRist
131 posts since 26 Jun, 2016 from London, UK / Hanover, Germany

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 10th anniversary sale! 50%

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:29 am

olepro wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:09 pm
msvs wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm
its easy: because you can turn off any ARP and play your own. See an SQ preset as an "example" how to use, but its not mandatory. Like a normal preset, but you get x-times as much. You will have for example 4 presets instead of 1... bass, lead, pads, additional synths and drums.
Furthermore in a SQ preset you have everything suiting to each other: The bassline suits to the drums, and the lead and pads are already mixed to make them all work with each other. Like said: melodies can be changed, arps can be turned off, all oscs/sounds can still be transformed - its all open!
Well said, but actual problem is maybe that these seq patches sounds too good to be changed :wink: 8)
So because Mozart was great does that mean that you should not try anything else on the piano? I am sure someone can make great stuff if they have the talent for it. The SQ patches are just guides.

Return to “Instruments”