I love Synapse Audio Dune 1 VST!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:33 pm Wow, so I see I'm wasting my time (on multiple fronts).
certainly looks that way

AnX wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:45 pm
Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:33 pm Wow, so I see I'm wasting my time (on multiple fronts).
certainly looks that way
no argument here.

I'm waiting for file transfers before I begin my morning run, so, it's amusing :hyper:

So you spent all that time one Dune 1 and Dune 2 A/B testing and it somehow slipped your mind that the multi mode filters were dropped? Or maybe figured they weren't important enough to even mention?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

just curious: will dune 1 run on a modern OS, on current hardware? (not that i'm giving up dune 3 for it).

Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:50 pm
certainly looks that way
no argument here.

I'm waiting for file transfers before I begin my morning run, so, it's amusing :hyper:

So you spent all that time one Dune 1 and Dune 2 A/B testing and it somehow slipped your mind that the multi mode filters were dropped? Or maybe figured they weren't important enough to even mention?
exactly, not important enough to mention, as i can easily recreate any D1 sound in D2.

fisherKing wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:04 pm just curious: will dune 1 run on a modern OS, on current hardware? (not that i'm giving up dune 3 for it).
runs on Win10, no idea about Mac

AnX wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:14 pm
Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:50 pm
certainly looks that way
no argument here.

exactly, not important enough to mention, as i can easily recreate any D1 sound in D2.
A remarkable feat seeing nearly a 3rd of the filters vanished.

In any case, transfers done. Fuuuuun awaits...
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:25 pm
... and were replaced by others that are more than capable of doing the job

like i said, maybe you just dont know enough about synths to even try. Just looking at filter names doesn't really work...

One thing that's 'missing' is direct FM between the oscillators using wavetables, although I was able to fix that by designing specific wavetables..
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

D1 is still my go-to synth, have to agree with op!

exmatproton wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:12 pm
layzer wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:01 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:59 pm Love Dune 1 myself. Version 2 and 3 sounds too digital and lifeless. And i hate the gui for v2/3
its like starwars, rocky, halloween, and Friday13th...
lots of sequels came out but the first ones are the best. :idea:
Lol....no

Zebra2, Hive2, Loom2, Dune2 (and 3 now), Oddity 2, ANA 2, Phonec2, Predator 2 are (to me), so much better compared to their previous versions... .. .
There was a zebra 1?

AnX wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:42 pm
Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:25 pm
... and were replaced by others that are more than capable of doing the job

like i said, maybe you just dont know enough about synths to even try. Just looking at filter names doesn't really work...
Please elaborate, explicitly, on these replacement multi mode filters please. Why does it feel like I'm holding your hand while you are chasing your tail :roll:

TTU Youtube

It's not such a good thing to have all this bickering over these great synths that are all very musical tools...

It's obvious that the DUNE series has been a progression from the original version through to DUNE 3...

While DUNE 2 shares a lot of the same DNA as the original DUNE,it is NOT the same synth...

Even a dummy like myself is smart enough to realise that...

So instead of fighting and wasting valuable time trying to gain points through moral and intellectual superiority, isn't it better to just accept the fact that the DUNE series are ALL great synths,be grateful that we can use such inspiring tools and get on with the real task at hand, which is making music ?

Let's not forget the joy of making music and using the power of that music to unite us and not divide us :pray:
No auto tune...

Not too sure about that, I have less than no desire to be united with anyone. As for the original DUNE, if it was the same, it would be backwards-compatible but the reality is that some of the filters definitely sound different which imbue the original DUNE with its own character, distinct from D2 or D3, which are absolutely interchangeable. I don't doubt it would new possible to recreate D1 fairly accurately in D2 but, honestly, why would anyone bother when you can have both?
Auplant wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:59 pmWhat does dune 1 have, which dune 2 doesn't have?
Ease-of-use.
AnX wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:30 pmEither way, i only use D3 as its far superior to D1 in both sound and options.
Depends on your perspective. To me, "superior" options would mean fewer options that better suit my needs, not more options that just get in the way of me getting stuff done.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I appreciate that mindset, I do, and am usually on that side of the fence. In my opinion, it's easy to be neutral when not caring either way. As I said, just brings up some memories of disappointment so I'm' a bit emotionally charged (symptom of passion, no doubt). I was looking forward to dune 2, alot, counting down the days. Even made a hundred page thread on kvr here. In the original dune, I made lots of tracks with some dope ass lead that were perfect at the time, all using the multimode filters. When Dune 2 dropped, the very first thing I did was check out how these filters sound and they weren't there!! Instant disappointment, yet lots of goodies came along with it, so it evens out I guess. In my mind it is NOT a substition by any means, the heart of Dune (its majority) was left out in my mind so when I hear the argument, Dune 2 replaces Dune 1 100 percent, it's like, tf you talking about, did you even a/b stuff at all? Then get a mr professor response, after missing a very basic observation (1/3 of the filters are missing), it takes discipline to focus on these higher things you speak of. I'd rather spend that discipline elsewhere, at times, haha.
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

TTU Youtube

cytospur wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:05 pm One thing that's 'missing' is direct FM between the oscillators using wavetables, although I was able to fix that by designing specific wavetables..
This was also the second thing I miss. :D

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”