Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Create a new track for each stereo pair, and then route each stereo pair into the new track using the track audio input routings. I can break this down into steps if you'd prefer a more complete description.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:27 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 am How many patches will be included it the release and will Colin add more and the users add more?
Is there a list even a partial list of patches?
How about a list of modules if that is what they are called in Architect?
Right now it's in beta and there aren't any examples (other than what the users built so far in this and the other thread) and only limited documentation since Colin wanted to first make sure the software is solid.
But he wrote before that he has a lot of examples done already during development and I'm sure the user library will come and grow rather quickly too.

But since you describe yourself as somebody who will mostly depend on the prebuilt included stuff, I'd recommend to wait until it's fully done. Colin said he'll give ample warning before the presale runs out.

For now, download the beta/demo and see (or count ;-) ) yourself. The demo's not running out and the main limitation is, that you can save but not load your own projects. Check out the quick intro docs and see if the whole idea appeals to you at all.

Cheers,

Tom
Where's the other thread? Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=517777
But it's no longer as active as it was in the beginning.
I guess most people wait to see the library content that Colin will create.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Thanks

Trying to get the Generative midi machine working in Cubase 10 Windows 10. Placed Architect on the rack and can see the notes playing on the different tracks, but when I click outputs on the rack only stereo and surround audio are available. How do I enable the host midi? Thanks

Loaded Architect as an instrument and added midi outputs set to host with different midi channels

That's good. I'm experimenting with a multi-MIDI output mode for the next release (or next, but one). Not all hosts support this, but for those who do it'll make this kind of routing a little easier.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

How do you trigger a sequencer on the timeline?

jimsmith1000@verizon.net wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:20 pm How do you trigger a sequencer on the timeline?
Just to clarify, do you mean as in arranging a sequencer pattern to play on the Timeline?

colin@loomer wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:02 pm
jimsmith1000@verizon.net wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:20 pm How do you trigger a sequencer on the timeline?
Just to clarify, do you mean as in arranging a sequencer pattern to play on the Timeline?
Yes, added a sequencer...is another action required?

How does one increase the travel on the arpeggiator?

jimsmith1000@verizon.net wrote: Yes, added a sequencer...is another action required?
Because sequencers can simultaneously be on the Timeline and Play panels, as well as have pattern data sent to their inlets, you need to specify which thing currently is being used to control it, which you do with the Transport > Conduct property. In your case, set it to "Timeline."

(Note that creating a sequencer directly on the Timeline will automatically set the conduct.)

jimsmith1000@verizon.net wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:00 pm How does one increase the travel on the arpeggiator?
Travel as in number of steps? If so, set the Transport > Steps property.

Travel as in note range? If so, set the Note > Range property, which is by default +/-1 octave, but can go up to +/- 4 octaves.

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:49 am [quote=jimsmith1000@<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">verizon.net</span> post_id=7481773 time=1564952431 user_id=269864]
How does one increase the travel on the arpeggiator?

Travel as in note range? If so, set the Note > Range property, which is by default +/-1 octave, but can go up to +/- 4 octaves.
[/quote]
colin@loomer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:49 am
jimsmith1000@verizon.net wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:00 pm How does one increase the travel on the arpeggiator?

I have an arpeggiator following a sequencer. Opening the grid it recycles after about 3 quavers no matter what the other settings are. When I place a marker the pattern transposes. What is the significance of the arrows below the cells?i

Is there a way to have a sequencer just modulate one step of another sequencer?

Return to “Loomer”