Latest builds ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive (rev. 8791) - addresses sluggish GUI

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:09 am On the preset ST Brasses for the Masses
I'm getting some serous loudness (thank goodness for my limiter catching this).
I can't say if this is related just to this build, but it is consistent.
This seems to be a rare DC bug. We are aware of it, but it hasn't been fixed yet.
In such a case, just close and restart your host, and the problem should be gone.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

BDeep wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm Apologies if this has been asked before? But is it possible to change the “init” from the preset drop down menu?
Sorry, but at least for now it's not possible to change that init preset.

Dencheg wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:44 pm Hi guys,
I happened to notice that ACE knobs are jumpy when controlled via the mouse wheel. I hope it's a known problem :)
What exactly do you mean by "jumpy knobs"?
And are you on Mac or PC? I think we slightly reduced the update rate for drawing controls in the latest builds to save some CPU on Windows. Maybe this is causing your jumpiness?

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:31 am
I happened to notice that ACE knobs are jumpy when controlled via the mouse wheel. I hope it's a known problem :)
And are you on Mac or PC? I think we slightly reduced the update rate for drawing controls in the latest builds to save some CPU on Windows. Maybe this is causing your jumpiness?
Hey!
I meant the old release version (where knob value tends to jump back to some previous value each scroll wheel step)
Haven't yet checked out the latest beta, will do that today!
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:31 am
i think this is the case indeed. (windows x64)

Dencheg wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:53 am I meant the old release version (where knob value tends to jump back to some previous value each scroll wheel step)
Can't remember having heard something like this before.
But there is a "mouse wheel raster" option in the preferences.
You could try to switch its setting to see if it makes a difference.

Hey,
Whatever it is, it seems to be fixed in the beta, yaaaaay :)
(In short - after a sequence of mouse wheel actions and knob resetting (with doubleclick), further mouse wheel rotation leads to the knob jumping between some two values.

With current beta applications, it feels like Bazille needs the most of love :)
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:50 pmWith current beta applications, it feels like Bazille needs the most of love :)
What is it in need of specifically?

For me it looks like search in the new browser works a bit strange. May be I'm missing something, but when I try to search for my favorite preset "Overperformer" (or something like this) with "perform", it provides some extra results not containing "perform". Don't know why or if it's meant like that.

upd: there is also some unfinished UI feeling with new browser & preset switching buttons :)

Dencheg wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:24 pm For me it looks like search in the new browser works a bit strange. May be I'm missing something, but when I try to search for my favorite preset "Overperformer" (or something like this) with "perform", it provides some extra results not containing "perform". Don't know why or if it's meant like that.
It searches not just the name but also the description fields. The word "perform" is very popular in these. Search "overp" instead ;)
upd: there is also some unfinished UI feeling with new browser & preset switching buttons :)
In which way?

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:30 am
BDeep wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm Apologies if this has been asked before? But is it possible to change the “init” from the preset drop down menu?
Sorry, but at least for now it's not possible to change that init preset.
Aaah I see, thanks for letting me know.

Please consider setting the second VCA to zero for the init. Since filter two is pre-wired to it, it took me a little while to figure out why I was hearing an unfiltered saw in the most basic of basic bass patched :)

Urs wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:14 am
Dencheg wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:24 pm For me it looks like search in the new browser works a bit strange. May be I'm missing something, but when I try to search for my favorite preset "Overperformer" (or something like this) with "perform", it provides some extra results not containing "perform". Don't know why or if it's meant like that.
It searches not just the name but also the description fields. The word "perform" is very popular in these. Search "overp" instead ;)
In which way?
Bazille.PNG
Looks like an empty button between MC and PATCHES, and the navigation buttons look like one left-aligned (or unjustified) button.
Also the screen looks empty and sad now without those controls. I liked the former one better as controls looked more "analogish" on the black-green screen :)
Anyway, that can't stop me from Bazilling
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:)
Basti had to move those controls because we didn't want them to be covered by the new preset browser. That bit will be improved before the next official (non-beta) release... mine already looks slightly neater.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That additional delimiter makes everything better :)

Hey guys!!

Suggestion about ACE: can you make 0.0 the default value of VCO mix? That would be of great convenience (to play around etc).
I mean, to catch zero on -100..100 scale is harder, then maxing/zeroing a knob. And in many cases I start goofing around with equal mix of two oscillators.

Return to “u-he”