MuLab 8.1.24 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

M8.1.6 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • Audio recording: Added extra visual feedback about input level and effective recording state.
  • [Alt]+S on a shortcuttable context menu item allows instant assignment of a shortcut key to that function. No need to go via Edit Shortcuts anymore.
  • You can now drag-drop a sample on a sequence player's Sequence field. This will generate an audio sequence for that sample.
  • When plugging in a VST and there is an error now the alert includes more specific info about the error. (eg 32 bit VST in 64 bit MUX)
  • Increased GUI speed.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

The new shortcut creation method is great! Gives me a way to setup shortcuts without having to interrupt my workflow too much. My only concern is how to communicate that this is a feature within the software. I couldn't find Alt-S mapped to anything in the Manage Shortcuts dialog. Otherwise this is a great improvement! The audio recording panel is also a nice touch :tu:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:18 am The new shortcut creation method is great! Gives me a way to setup shortcuts without having to interrupt my workflow too much.
:tu:
My only concern is how to communicate that this is a feature within the software. I couldn't find Alt-S mapped to anything in the Manage Shortcuts dialog.
I'll add that info in the docs.
I also had the idea to add grayed lines to the shortcut list for hardcoded key bindings like this but that's something to be researched.
Otherwise this is a great improvement! The audio recording panel is also a nice touch :tu:
Thx!

Yep on the Alt-S -- what if a user already had that mapped? They're going to want to be able to set an alternative key binding to the new method, presumably using the old method.

I don't see any interference as there were no shortcuts at all on a popup menu itself. So if you have mapped [Alt]+S it will still work as before.

Thanks for the updates :tu:

M8.1.7 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • New preference "Menu Font Size". Using this preference you can choose to have a larger font size for the context menus. By default menus use a bit larger font now.
  • Context menus now also show the assigned shortcut key.
  • Sequence menu -> Functions: In previous versions some functions that were not relevant (eg Quantize Notes without any note events) were hidden, now they're shown grayed instead of hidden.
How to update:

I love it! :love:
You can now drag-drop a sample on a sequence player's Sequence field. This will generate an audio sequence for that sample.
I haven't been able to get this to work. This is in reference to the sequence player module yes? Every time I try to drag-drop I get the red-circle indicator.
My Setup.

Yes related to the Sequence Player module. The drag-drop needs to go into the "Sequence" field itself, not on the Sequence Player editor panel. Maybe i'll finetune that so it can be dropped anywhere on that panel as that's relevant from user pov.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nMAEJ5Wa84

I still can't figure it out. Even dragging directly onto the field, sequence, etc...
My Setup.

My fault: It currently only works with sample files (eg X.wav), not yet with project samples, will fix that.

M8.1.8 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • Shortened certain menu texts
  • Sequence Player module now also supports dropping a project sample
  • Sequence Player module now accepts a drop wherever on the panel
  • Fixed an issue with previewing project audio sequences from the browser
  • A couple of other small improvements
How to update:

Out of curiosity, what is the consolidate function supposed to do within a sequence? In trying to figure that out I discovered that consolidating in an audio sequence is rather bugged. Consolidating in a sequence player creates a very long sequence that Mulab struggles to render. Consolidating in the arranger ends up hiding the mute/solo buttons on each lane of the audio sequence. See this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnCgPdhlH2Y

It also seems that under Microsoft MME (need to use this for recording videos) that previewing an audio sequence is buggy as well.

Aside from the bugs, I'm excited for this! Audio Sequences in MUX means I can slice loops in MUX with a better stretch algorithm than what Bitwig offers :D :tu:
My Setup.

Thanks Jo :tu:

dakkra wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:59 pm Out of curiosity, what is the consolidate function supposed to do within a sequence?
If a sequence is looping then consolidate will render the loop to the whole part. At the same time the transpose and velocity parameters are applied, and then set back to default values.
In trying to figure that out I discovered that consolidating in an audio sequence is rather bugged.
Ok i took note of the 2 issues shown in the video, thx. Will all be fixed soon.
It also seems that under Microsoft MME (need to use this for recording videos) that previewing an audio sequence is buggy as well.
I see the video was made with the previous M8.1.7.
M8.1.8 fixed an issue with previewing project audio sequences from the browser.
So please update to M8.1.8 and try that case again, if that issue still remains pls let me know.

Return to “MUTOOLS”