One Synth Challenge #126: Bazz::Murda by DistoCore (MrKarolus is the winner!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazz::Murda Free Bazz::Murda Pro

Oh no, I fear there will be no hardcore bazz tracks in the end :-o Because we OSCers are so stubborn in using synths for things they weren't meant to do :x :clown:

Auplant wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:58 am @TrojakEW It depends, I listened to a lot of hardcore gabber in my youth and I still like it today. But I don't listen to badly made stuff, I know good artists.
Can you name a few? :)

Carl_saved wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:57 pm
Auplant wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:58 am @TrojakEW It depends, I listened to a lot of hardcore gabber in my youth and I still like it today. But I don't listen to badly made stuff, I know good artists.
Can you name a few? :)
Tha Playah, The Viper, Kasparov, Nosferatu, Ophidian, Promo, Dither

They're among my favorite artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Eu8OPiMedw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMRDr0AmlPY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87VXMOYCsw

Thanks! That was interesting! Seems like this is what BazzMurda is about :D
I actually enjoyed the examples you presented here, well made indeed. :tu:

Carl_saved wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:14 pm Thanks! That was interesting! Seems like this is what BazzMurda is about :D
I actually enjoyed the examples you presented here, well made indeed. :tu:
I believe this synth is capable of a lot. I spent a lot of time on it yesterday, I was making a neuro dn'b track on 180bpm. It's really good for glitches and all kinds of bass.

Auplant wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:08 pm I believe this synth is capable of a lot. I spent a lot of time on it yesterday, I was making a neuro dn'b track on 180bpm. It's really good for glitches and all kinds of bass.
Good to hear! I am looking forward to hear that :party:

Eauson wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:39 pm Just one request for bassmurda, when idle, ie not inputting midi data flush the resources, as it really ties up processing power :D
Fx modulation seems to be a big culprit :tu:
Hi Eauson,

many thanks for your message and reporting this issue.
It's a history-based thing, because you want to still be able to control the sustain level in case of hardcore kicks, so the corresponding note is still playing.
As a workaround you could try pushing the "stop" button in your DAW.
Most of the DAWs send an "all MIDI notes off" events.
Alternatively you can do it via Right-Mouse-Click on the Bazz::Murda UI "PLAY" button.
Anyways I will also consider disabling this feature for non-kick programs in the future.

I hope the above is useful to you.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TrojakEW wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:35 am ...
I have quick look at synth and there is one thing I can't find. Filter mod based on note velocity. Is there some secret option for that, some hiden switch or something? It is quite fundamental for percussive sounds If I do not want to end with sounds that are more suitable for AK-47 simulation :P .

Even without distortion module it sounds aggressive. But this is great opportunity to tame t-rex and change him to vegetarian bunny. :lol: Love that challenge.
Hi TrojakEW,

thanks for your message.
Indeed this feature is not yet implemented.
Currently you can control filter via the filter ADSR unit, each OSC filter control knobs and LFO's,
and via the filter unit from the FX section. Please have a look at the unit descriptions:
https://distocore.online/doc.html

As for less aggressive presets, please check the build-in programs starting from No. 72.
I hope it is a good starting point for your custom programs.

BTW: Its a fantastic idea to the T-Rex conversion, can't wait for some previews :)

Anyways I hope the above is useful to you.
Happy producing!

Thanks.

DistoCore wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:56 pmIndeed this feature is not yet implemented.Currently you can control filter via the filter ADSR unit, each OSC filter control knobs and LFO's,and via the filter unit from the FX section.
Thank you for reply. Yup I see option to use adsr or automating filter cuttoff but still you should consider implementing this simple feature since it is really great when making or rather said avoiding machine gun effect on plucks and overall percussive sounds. You can also consider adding this features to saturation you have here. With adsr or filter cuttof modulation you can't do per note modulation that is for me required for this sounds.

Carl_saved wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:55 pm Oh no, I fear there will be no hardcore bazz tracks in the end :-o Because we OSCers are so stubborn in using synths for things they weren't meant to do :x :clown:
OK, since I like challenges, maybe I will do a hardcore track, just for you (even though I don't know well the genre and never compose anyything near that ^^)

DistoCore wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:56 pm
Is there no retrigger or one-shot mode for the AMP/Filter envelopes in B::M ? I made a snare, but when I do some fast snare hits, the envelopes mysteriously overlap, making it quite difficult to make some fast snare/kick hits. Please let me know if this is a known issue, or am I missing something?

Also the note volume for consecutive notes is very inconsistent. I'm playing 16th notes on a simple single oscillator sine wave patch with a plucky ADSR and all FX disabled, but the consecutive notes all have different volumes. Is this is a bug or a feature?
Last edited by exponent1 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DistoCore wrote:
I think this might have something to do with the LFO. I think I have turned it down for all the parameters, but it still seems to be having an effect on the amplitude of the sound. Is there no way to turn it off completely?

exponent1 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:22 pm
Also the note volume for consecutive notes is very inconsistent. I'm playing 16th notes on a simple single oscillator sine wave patch with a plucky ADSR and all FX disabled, but the consecutive notes all have different volumes. Is this is a bug or a feature?
I have the same struggle here. I don't really understand the LFO system. I think it's alterring the pitch and that the volume inconsistency is due to acoustic beat with the slight detune. Though I'm not sure. Anyway, I can't have a simple beep without any variation, which is good for pads but not for the rest.

Can we use Max for live devices ?
I would like to be more specific : can we use the factory Max for Live devices. If yes can we also use free Max for Live devices that do not come with Live?

My main purpose is to use LFOs to avoid doing automation tricks. Since automation is allowed and we can do LFOs with automation (I think BTW it's really easy in Logic), I think it would be fair to allow LFOs. The same goes with Envelope follower, which I have used as a gate for to instruments play together.

diaseis wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:30 pm OK, since I like challenges, maybe I will do a hardcore track, just for you (even though I don't know well the genre and never compose anyything near that ^^)
Aww that's nice :hihi: I feel like I sit in a french lesson and now we shall perform a dialogue in french, which we both don't really speak :ud:
diaseis wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:15 pm Can we use Max for live devices ?
I would like to be more specific : can we use the factory Max for Live devices. If yes can we also use free Max for Live devices that do not come with Live?

My main purpose is to use LFOs to avoid doing automation tricks. Since automation is allowed and we can do LFOs with automation (I think BTW it's really easy in Logic), I think it would be fair to allow LFOs. The same goes with Envelope follower, which I have used as a gate for to instruments play together.
Since no authority has shown up yet, I dare to give my opinion on that :wink:
I, personally, find Max 4 Live in the grey zone. Technically, it is included in Live and therefore counts as DAW effects. But not in the classic sense, since M4L is expandable and the effects are customizable. In fact, I could argue that Max 4 Live is but a fancy interface for plugins, just like VST, with the difference that Max plugins aren't available in most DAWs ...
Since you are planning to use factory M4L devices to generate or alter the input to Bazz::Murda (both MIDI events or parameter changes), it is fine IMO. No harm has been done to the sound of the synth itself.

Envelope follower seemed to me like dark grey zone, because it can generate "non-rigid" modulation that can be different every time you play it back. But after thinking about it I realized, what else are sidechain compressors (which I do use a lot)? Ruling out enevlope followers wouldn't make sense if sidechain compressors are allowed, I guess.
However, I would not use M4L audio effects. If we want more than the standard builtin audio FX we should use free VSTs that are available to all.

Return to “Instruments”