RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

dentnile wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:14 am Better than the default which looks a bit dirty and cheap in my opinion. I prefer a more clean design. I would also prefer no attempts at making anything look like “metal” like in the logo.

Good point. I think the RAPID being a more neutral finish would look easier on the eyes and more professional.

Mirko R. wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:05 pm Some new skin idea. Just want to know what you think about it.
It's alright, but not better than Midnight Specter. :wink:
It looks really busy, too many horizontal lines and squares everywhere.
I would prefer a new and better flat skin. The dark flat skins included with Rapid are too dark.
Maybe something like the "Neon" skin, with greyish background and better colors.
Something like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anoise wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:31 am
Mirko R. wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:05 pm Some new skin idea. Just want to know what you think about it.
I would prefer a new and better flat skin. The dark flat skins included with Rapid are too dark.
Maybe something like the "Neon" skin, with greyish background and better colors.
Something like this:
I agree - I prefer simple (the simpler the better) flat skin :tu: :tu: :tu:

Something like this:
yea, flat is fine!

Another vote for flat ones.

Something like this:
That looks great. That plus a nicer font would be awesome. I don’t like the current font at all, sorry.

anoise wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:31 amIt's alright, but not better than Midnight Specter. :wink:
Something like this:
I see what you did here. The main panel color got a slight red shift. I guess it's warmer. Not sure if it's brighter. Kind of hard to discuss perception of color, since it's very subjective.

But.. We hear you. A Reminder: It's hard to create a skin that pleases everyone.
There is this kind of battle between people who like skeuomorphic or flat design. Personally I'm for a good mix of both worlds. We'll see.

At the moment I can extract these points:
  • Dark Theme, but not too dark.
  • Better fitting fonts (or modern?), but still crisp and readable.
  • Flat. Or Flatter?
BTW the screenshot Mirko Ruta posted is only a mock-up and not final. It's to gather ideas for the next look.

We try to improve Rapid with every version until it's (almost) perfect. Remember the look of version 1.0, it got better right? It can only get better from here on.

[Insert "This isn't even my final form" meme here]

Gui-wise i really like the polaris theme, it is easy on my eyes and nice to work with. It's my default one. My only concern is that it some of the effects have their background borrowed from the default skin which doesn't fit the colour and looks just plain ugly. I modified that theme myself using white background for these effects but now i have to do this again any time when there's an update.

Could we have an alternative Polaris theme with all the effects having appropriate colours? (White/silver/blue/gray and such)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

parawave wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:54 pm We try to improve Rapid with every version until it's (almost) perfect. Remember the look of version 1.0, it got better right? It can only get better from here on.
Yes, it did. :)
In my prior post I just quickly modified a screenshot of the Neon skin for a quick example. Yes, it could be slightly brighter and the grey is too reddish. My idea was to show a brighter dark skin with a gray background. Some good examples would be Bitwig's UI, Spire's dark theme, Discovery Pro.
Maybe a gamma selector/slider would be a good idea and a hue slider for the accent color (useful for the flat skins).
Yes, a mix of both styles would be also interesting. Skeuomorphic knobs and a flat background with some light gradients.
Thanks for listening.

Wow, watch this :o
bought it right away for 2,36€
The average bored guy

Love it.

bite_me wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 am Wow, watch this :o
The original dark theme looks much better.

Yeah, cool.
The average bored guy

dentnile wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:14 am

Better than the default which looks a bit dirty and cheap in my opinion. I prefer a more clean design. I would also prefer no attempts at making anything look like “metal” like in the logo.
Yeah, the fountain fill logo looks really dated. Time for a redesign...

bite_me wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 am Wow, watch this :o
https://flsaudio.com/wp-content/uploads ... in-Mac.png
bought it right away for 2,36€
tony10000 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 amYeah, the fountain fill logo looks really dated. Time for a redesign...
Not really a fountain fill. It's actually 3 light sources on top of a 3D font. Maybe take a closer look. There are different angles of gradient :ud:

Now, looking at it from an outside perspective:
There is a demand for other kinds of skins.
There are users who want their custom wishes and even pay 2,36€ for it.
On the other hand, a lot of you have experience in design?

Seems like a match to me. You know you can edit the skin files right? :D
recursive one wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:19 pmCould we have an alternative Polaris theme with all the effects having appropriate colours? (White/silver/blue/gray and such)
I see. Maybe it would be good enough to de-saturate the patterns. Will consider it for 1.7.0. Maybe we just remove them for monochromatic themes at once. Like the flat themes did.

Return to “Instruments”