Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

@msvs
the question from Stefken wasn´t for the compatible, it was for the 5-XPs from Sweetwater-Deal, where you said that we can change it also to upcoming XPs - will this be for sure after this warez-dilemma?

Hi Manuel,

I am sad this is happening, I know the feeling. :( But, pls, no dongles, I would opt for ilok machine auth or software elicenser, but...pls...NO dongles!

Thx

chk071 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:02 pm
Reefius wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm Realistic dev (e.g. Hornet): I don't waste time and money on copy protection, because it always gets cracked.
That's easy to say when you're a one man company with almost no sales. Actually, it would be pretty crazy not to think like that in that case.
Just to point out, we make more than 1k sales each month, I don’t know if this accounts for “almost no sales”

Saverio

The Sarge! wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:06 pm @msvs
the question from Stefken wasn´t for the compatible, it was for the 5-XPs from Sweetwater-Deal, where you said that we can change it also to upcoming XPs - will this be for sure after this warez-dilemma?
yes of course... will be possible with 1.5... and even with 2.0... and even with 5.0
the code is only activating an XP in your account, no matter which version, or which XP version

HoRNet wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:14 pm Just to point out, we make more than 1k sales each month, I don’t know if this accounts for “almost no sales”

Saverio
hmm, there where I often hang up, I´ve never heard about Hornet-PlugIns... :borg:
but nice to hear, that your company is so successful that you have over 12000 saled items year after year :tu:

msvs wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:15 pm
The Sarge! wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:06 pm @msvs
yes of course... will be possible with 1.5... and even with 2.0... and even with 5.0
the code is only activating an XP in your account, no matter which version, or which XP version
thanks a lot Manuel, that was what we want to hear

PS: nicht den Kopf hängen lassen, ich weiß, leichter gesagt als getan

Software iLok is OK by me. I have many plugins that have that protection and I never have issues.

Aaaaaand the only reason I kept using Avenger instead of Nexus is now gone.
Teksonik wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:42 pm Anybody want to buy Avenger ? It's dead to me if a Dongle is required in the future. It's the only reason I bought it in the first place because it required no dongle.

I don't use Pirated software, never have never will.

Oh well add Vengeance to my "dead developer's list"........ :shrug:
:clap:

HoRNet wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:14 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:02 pm
Reefius wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm Realistic dev (e.g. Hornet): I don't waste time and money on copy protection, because it always gets cracked.
That's easy to say when you're a one man company with almost no sales. Actually, it would be pretty crazy not to think like that in that case.
Just to point out, we make more than 1k sales each month, I don’t know if this accounts for “almost no sales”

Saverio
That's quite a lot indeed. My apologies, i thought you were a rather small business.

I'm normally pretty neutral about warez. I don't use them and haven't since I was like 21, but I don't take a strong stance against it normally.

In this particular case it upset me a little though because -- admittedly for somewhat selfish reasons -- I'd hoped VPS and Avenger to be sustainable. The guys at VPS have made IMO the world's best, most feature rich softsynth, and they've given us a shitload of huge updates for free.

I mean most paid, number-version updates don't add as much to a synth as we've gotten in free updates from Avenger. Hell, a LOT of paid softsynths don't have as many features in total as have been added to avenger in free updates. I guess I can understand the distaste for dongles, but if anyone takes issue with paying for an update they're kidding themselves. I just hope it won't be very expensive, as the price will already be inflated by the need for VPS to purchase license keys from Steinberg.

I might be a little annoyed about the switch if I didn't already have a dongle, but I'd still consider it well worth it. Only thing that kind of sucks is that elicenser is crappy about multiple computers, and I enjoy being able to idly do a bit of sound design on my laptop with Avenger.

I'm probably alone here but I supported the dongle from the start. It's the only way to protect our investment. Now everybody has free access to the sounds I've used. I really feel bad for you Man, lots of hard work taken, if you do chose Steinbergs elicencer, i'll still fully support the synth... although I only buy a few expansions in the sales so not quite fully.

I hope the protection implementation doesn't slow down your vision for Avenger too much.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W11, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Stefken wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 pm Dark avenger in progress.jpg
Loving the skin, how's it coming on?
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W11, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

The downside of those 50% mega schmega sales...I have no problem with eLicenser whatsoever and will pay what it takes to run Avenger 2.0

Ugh, not sure about this dongle biznizz tbh

Manuel, several people have asked about using a software elicenser, grateful if you could comment on this.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”