VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:27 pm
mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:22 pm But your intro offer is attractive
Artist version for -50% would be very attractive :lol:
What sets this apart, at least for me, is the cloud storage functionality. But at 5GB you can't even put a single larger sample pack into the cloud. So this is fairly useless at the Artist level. Even the 250GB of the Pro version are somewhat limited.
There are codes circulating for 50% off the first year for Studio and Pro... let us know if you haven't seen them.
Cloud storage is nice and we are also adding further features to it soon. 5GB doesnt get you far, but if you were to use 2 machines, and want to backup and share certain files to machine 2, it could be pretty useful for a bunch of your own edited files or recordings.
You can expand the 250GB either in Studio or Pro mode using top ups, so really its unlimited.
check us out =! - http://www.loopmasters.com

a few questions...

1. if we update software to version 5 and for some reason not quite like the functionality of it all can we go back to version 4? (will download links for 4 still be available for a while?)
2 although i buy a few packs every month or so from loopmasters most of my work is done using my 2 terrabyte of old disco funk soul samples already stored on my library.. the current workflow and aesthetics in 4 is absolutely perfect for me so im a little bit hesitant in moving to 5 in case the "using my own library" part has been changed in someway? or is it pretty much identical as before?
3 can you clarify if we definitely lose the ability to pitch samples and use the auto key feature for samples in our own library?
Last edited by bassline22 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for that. It looks like we also lose the ability to pitch samples and use the auto key feature - is that correct? That's a feature I use 99.9% of the time, so that's a bit annoying if so. A major reason I choose loopmasters to spend over £1k with was the integration with loopcloud, and it looks like we're taking a huge step backwards and being forced to subscribe to retain what we already had the ability to do. Please tell me I've got it wrong.
loopmasters wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:34 pm
m-ac wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:47 pm Hi Matt. Just a quickie - as a free user, do I lose any functionality switching from V4 to V5?
You gain a lot of things including,
2 track, 5 free sounds a day from over 25,000, plugins
the only thing that you dont have in the new free version is the ability to save patterns, you can load all the presets including ones with fx and edit them and bounce them.

You've got it wrong.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

loopmasters wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:50 pm There are codes circulating for 50% off the first year for Studio and Pro... let us know if you haven't seen them.
Thanks, got that. Btw, I did the trial subscription but I can't see how to move over to a annual subscription to be able to use the code. Do I need to cancel the monthly trial and then resubscribe to the annual subscription?
loopmasters wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:50 pm Cloud storage is nice and we are also adding further features to it soon. 5GB doesnt get you far, but if you were to use 2 machines, and want to backup and share certain files to machine 2, it could be pretty useful for a bunch of your own edited files or recordings.
Well, not that I want to downplay the value of your offering but I don't really see that to be a common use case. There are much cheaper and better ways to sync your files across machines. I believe the real value of your cloud service is to be able to put your entire sample library into the cloud for easy access from everywhere. And for that you need space at the level the current cloud storage providers offer. A TB has sort of become the minimum.
loopmasters wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:50 pm You can expand the 250GB either in Studio or Pro mode using top ups, so really its unlimited.
Ok, here is where it gets interesting. But at $8.99 per additional 250GB per month it clocks in at a very high price point. A full TB would come it at close to $50 per month (Pro + 3 x storage upgrade). Still, somewhat tempting.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:43 am You've got it wrong.
So you can still pitch samples and use auto key as a free user?

m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:44 am
Yes. The same as LC4.

But there is a new per-region pitch tool which is only available to subscribers.

jcredland wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:04 am
Yes. The same as LC4.

But there is a new per-region pitch tool which is only available to subscribers.

what exactly does the per region pitch tool do?

The pitch tool pitches individual parts of the audio up and down, for example to make a new melody. The per-track pitch control works just as before.

jcredland wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:41 am The pitch tool pitches individual parts of the audio up and down, for example to make a new melody. The per-track pitch control works just as before.
if 99% of my usage of loopcloud is using my own samples will i be more likely to like the new version more or less?

Also on loopcloud 4 i dont use the cloud at all i just use my hard drive. im assuming that i dont have to use the cloud in 5 if i dont require it?

Top man, cheers :)
jcredland wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:04 am
Yes. The same as LC4.

loopmasters wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:47 pm
I do have one question, tho: If one subscribes for a few months, and then should cancel, will the sounds remain on your personal SC library or would these sounds have to be stashed for safe keeping on a local hard drive because they were downloaded under the new subscription plan?
any sounds downloaded via Loopmasters.com or via Loopcloud.com at any time will remain within the cloud, and also available for you to download to your local drive. You can use them with Loopcloud or not, but you always have that back up. Any full packs bought at Loopmasters.com as usual are also available there for you in your account. Hope that answers your question.
Thanks, Matt! This is great news! 8)
loopmasters wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:47 pm I really appreciate your feedback and the time you took to give it, its great.
:tu: Also appreciating you taking the time to read suggestions/thoughts and answer everyone's questions, as well as speaking up for your app to the point!

bassline22 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:23 am if 99% of my usage of loopcloud is using my own samples will i be more likely to like the new version more or less? Also on loopcloud 4 i dont use the cloud at all i just use my hard drive. im assuming that i dont have to use the cloud in 5 if i dont require it?
Loopcloud 5 gets you more features, performance, bug fixes.

Personally I'd go with 5 for the new search randomisation algorithm and the auto-complete of tags in the search bar alone as they are real time savers.

I don't think the cloud features will really get in the way. Let me know how you get on!

What's the thinking around limiting the ability to preview sounds ? Also what is the limit ? I didn't find any info on what it is and whether it includes previewing sounds within your own library

The program itself and the integration with the store is great, I just thinking limiting the ability to preview sounds is counter productive to getting users to buy sounds, if they can't hear them they're less likely to make a purchase no ?

Unless I'm missing something re the previews ?

Is the auto-tagging improved, or everything still text-based ?

And can you change structure, folders and sub-folders order when organizing ?
More BPM please

Return to “Instruments”