v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi magicmusic,
magicmusic wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:09 am what sense have the do not slice notes button ?. this is on by default. and i need disable it, only then notes are changed. with this on it do nothing
now i can press the random button and the phrase that is create is often larger as 2 bars. so it does not fit in song.
It means that when there is a note at the split position, that position will not be used. The following phrase has only 2 sections when you enable 'do not slice notes':

The same phrase when you split notes (7 sections):

magicmusic wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:09 amI think a important feature for this is when there can choose too the play order in number gadgets. when slice count is set to 4 then there are 4 number gadgets. each gadget can contain a number between 0-4. 0 mean play no slice. to play in order as without the effect there is in the number gadgets this order 1 gadget 1/ 2. gadget 2. in short 1 2 3 4 . so it is possible to notice better which result happen. when press the dice button the results are add in the number gadgets. so can later change a random create order so it sound or fit better to music
Excellent idea...
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

CRASH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ouch! I know what happened. This crash is fixed now. Until the next beta version, please don't use Subdivision for very long phrases when the 'Set Up New Rhythm To Match The Note Count' option is enabled.
Thank you, lulukom :tu:

Attila

:tu: :party:

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:18 pm
crossovercable wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:59 am I can insert x bars very quick but not delete them quick:
The proper way to delete bars is making a selection on the timeline and pressing the 'delete' button, or pressing "Remove Region" in the timeline inspector. This has the advantage that you can set up the from/to times exactly.

Thanks,
Attila
I have blank sessions with hundreds of chords 4 bars long if I select 2 bars manually for each chord it will take all day to delete.
But bars are very quick to insert.

If you are working with lots of chords, there is a trick to make each chord 2 bars. Select all chords on the master track, and click on the edit/pencil button.
Then in the Chord Selector click on the first length (16/4) under the first chord, and select "Divide Lengths By 2". Alternatively, you can select "Not Specified (Resets All Chords)" then you can select any length that will be applied for all chords.

Thanks that might solve my issues and come in handy !
But what do I do next to apply it ?

just drag the progression from the drag button at the bottom of the chord selector to the timeline..

edit: Also, it seems that the circle of 5ths, in the chord selector, is changing the key when changing a chord.

In theory you can disable changing the key in the small hamburger menu in the top right corner of the circle of fifth chart. IIRC the default is not changing the key.

crossovercable wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:38 am Thanks that might solve my issues and come in handy !
But what do I do next to apply it ?
OMG I have not thought of that you cannot access the 'drag' or 'save' buttons for too many chords! :oops:
I am sorry, maybe try with less chords to display.

BluGenes wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:34 am just drag the progression from the drag button at the bottom of the chord selector to the timeline....
I kept moving the window up until I saw the bottom and dragged the corner down but it just went black. If I drag it side ways I can get up to the sus4 chords @ bar 1100 of 1600.
If I had an UHD monitor I could maybe get them all.

cool, forgot about that menu.. :dog: lol.. thanks..

It would work ok like this with the buttons up the top:
(but dragging is adding to the chords not overwriting the existing ones so I suppose you need to highlight the old section and delete)
**Maybe another button "Replace existing chords"
Those floating windows may end up with scrollbars to fit all the stuff.

any chance you could give custom phrase management some love? hehe Meaning maybe a check box list for groups to load and not load?? My load time is really getting out of hand now..

CRASH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”