Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Today, it is possible to export your own sound bank and I hope that in version 2 it will still be possible to share your patches with other users. :wink:

would also suggest to try out 1.5 with u-hes protection

Reefius wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm Generous dev (e.g. U-He): If I make my software affordable and provide top notch service for it, more people will buy it.

Realistic dev (e.g. Hornet): I don't waste time and money on copy protection, because it always gets cracked.
Actually Avenger is the case like U-he, a simple copy protection and alot of features since v1. Thats quite a generous offer, not greedy at all + big sale that U-he has never done that before.

I was really excited to get in on this synth so I'm sad to hear about the recent news. The war on piracy always punishes the paying customers the most.

tatanka wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:39 am
What will happen with existing 1.5 licenses after you changed copy protection, will they still be useable without restrictions and copy protection will only affect new 2.x Versions ?
I would really like to get a clear answer on this cause it will of course influence future decisions in case of Avenger (does buying new expansions makes any sense for example)
I already said multiple times, but I admit its hard to keep track here, here once again:
yes you 1.5. will be still fully usable and all of your XPs, too. All of your XPs will also be usable in 2.0
And pending codes from the "pick5bundle" will also be usable with 1.5 or 2.0

've just had the briefest of searches (I hate even doing that) and all the first dubious results up are for Cubase 10 Pro, which is dongle-protected. Logically it makes sense that a physical dongle is more secure, but based on what I just saw the point may well be moot.
thats because, Cubase 10 pro allowed SoftElicenser. This has been cracked, not the hardware Dongle

Verde wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:04 am
I dont know U-HEs copy protection at all, but however, we dont have the manpower to make such a thing.
@msvs
I can remember reading a thread by U-He, I think it was even here on KVR, where he explained his copy protection in detail and was giving a lot of information about it.
+1
I would suggest doing a thorough analysis of possible security options before committing to one.
This could be a win-win as physical dongles will no doubt chase some people away (like people who would have to buy three physical dongles).

we currently requested an SDK for Propellerheads CodeMeter protection. IF that works for us, this could be the solution for everyone. Dongle OR online check, multiple installations

@msvs
you should think about combining avenger with hardware.

msvs wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:45 am we currently requested an SDK for Propellerheads CodeMeter protection. IF that works for us, this could be the solution for everyone. Dongle OR online check, multiple installations
I'm not a customer, but... CodeMeter is really nice. I'd even say that it's my preferred multi-authorization system. Especially the online check thing.

I already said multiple times, but I admit its hard to keep track here
O.k., thanks, and sorry, but as I dont regularly visit this thread I have only looked back the last few sites, dont know when this started.

I must say for me elicenser will be exclusion criterium for an 2.0 payed update cause I already had enough trouble with the Steinberg VST (Halion for example) that way but I think I still have years to explore whats inside 1.5 and the last expansions for it so I am fine with that.

How can companies like Xfer thrive without bloated copy protections? Would Serum be as successful and have all this market share if it was hidden behind a dongle?

yes it would, because Serum is an awesome synth

Puddi wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:14 am How can companies like Xfer thrive without bloated copy protections? Would Serum be as successful and have all this market share if it was hidden behind a dongle?
I think I read somewhere that Serum's success was basically a mix between connections, luck and the right timing. The dev is well connected and received help from some big names.

I'm bummed Manuel will probably not consider U-He protection. It's the perfect mix between working protection and usability for the customer.

I dont see them offering the protection for licensing on their page...so

Return to “Instruments”