Latest builds ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive (rev. 8791) - addresses sluggish GUI

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dencheg wrote: Suggestion about ACE: can you make 0.0 the default value of VCO mix?
Possible workaround for now (depends on how the host handles keystrokes):
Move 'vco mix' a bit then type '0' and hit enter/return.
Last edited by Howard on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dencheg wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:21 pm Hey guys!!

Suggestion about ACE: can you make 0.0 the default value of VCO mix? That would be of great convenience (to play around etc).
I mean, to catch zero on -100..100 scale is harder, then maxing/zeroing a knob. And in many cases I start goofing around with equal mix of two oscillators.
hmm..i would say 1 OSC is obvious as the standard setting en mixing 2 osc's isn't...
Howards option (using 0 + enter) works fast and simple to '0' that position

Ugh... so far have had no luck :)
With Cubase, 0 is already taken as some tool shortcut, and with Reaper I'm able to enter 0, but then Enter doesn't affect the knob
Feeling melancholic...
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Works fine in Reaper/Mac. IIRC in Reaper/Windows there's a switch for that.

Dencheg wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:00 am with Reaper I'm able to enter 0, but then Enter doesn't affect the knob
Open the entire FX chain, not just the plugin Window, select and highlight the plugin in the list on the left, so that the plugin's UI is displayed. Right-click the highlighted entry in the list on the left, then left-click on "send all keyboard input to plugin" in the context menu.

Not 100% certain, but I think this should also still work after the FX chain was closed and just the plugin window was instantiated again.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

That one will work for Enter, but it will NOT work for -, so no way to input negative numbers in any way... Also doesn't work for , so you cannot input decimals...

While this method of parameter entry is cool the way u-he did it, I really wish we could just have a regular text input like in many other plugins that just hide an OS-based text input dialog (i.e. Waldorf Largo), so that it works in all hosts...

Being a stubborn developer, I still think that default 0 is the fastest way to operate the osc mixer, as you can reach 3 corner cases very fast ;)))))
(Joking) (may be 80% joking)

Jokes aside - just wanted to point out that click-n-click would be nice option to handle cables in Ace and Bazille, apart from drag'n'drop... I think the ergonomical camp of click-n-clickers must be pretty big :)
Cheers!
Last edited by Dencheg on Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Sorry guys, have just realized that this is a pretty specific topic, not general suggestions.
Never hurts to try! :)

Dim Vision wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:53 am I checked the other thread and noticed that a specific color profile was recommended: sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Setting to this profile improved the sluggishness significantly for me. :tu:

There are duplicates of this profile and Adobe RGB (1998). Not sure if that's relevant or incidental.
This worked for me too on my 4K display. :tu:

:party:
:borg:

Changing the color profile solved extremely slow lag times and spinning beach balls when I was changing parameters on Bazille.
I'm on a classic mac pro running Mojave, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 with Bazille. Thanks for the recommendation.

Return to “u-he”