DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:48 pm Version 7.05 is released!

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Generic Flexi:
    • New: Commands to set Solo, Mute, Rec Arm, Monitor and Auto Monitor (in addition to toggle).
They don‘t switch off when sending CC with value 0...

i use this with v3.is there any problems?

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:20 am

• Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Generic Flexi:
    • New: Commands to set Solo, Mute, Rec Arm, Monitor and Auto Monitor (in addition to toggle).
Just tried again and it works fine for me. Did you use a toggle button, which sends 127 on first and 0 on second press? You also need to select in the "Knob mode" to "Absolute (Toggle button".

flares wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:10 pm i use this with v3.is there any problems?
No.

moss wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:32 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:20 am

• Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Generic Flexi:
Just tried again and it works fine for me. Did you use a toggle button, which sends 127 on first and 0 on second press? You also need to select in the "Knob mode" to "Absolute (Toggle button".
I stand corrected, I didn't check the Knob mode with Absolute Toggle it works as expected. Thanks a lot...

moss wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:43 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:15 am I just adapted my nanoKontrol with Flexi and wondered about some missing targets.
I could not find a way to set the volume of a fx track,
There is a function to toggle between the instrument/audio and fx track bank.
I did not find it, looked through all menus. And I doubt it would be useful, because if I understand that correctly, it would toggle the function of my already assigned faders. But I want to use a different knob for that. The nanoKontrol has 9 Faders and 9 knobs, I don't want double assignments at all.
Is there a restriction from the API which prevents a direct assignment to the FX track controls? In the Master menu would be enough space to put it in if possible...

Hi Jürgen,
first of all: thank you for this great extension! I really love it.
Now, being a musician (and not a programmer) I got a feature request that could ease my performing:
I would love to use a foot pedal attached to the push2 that would just act as if I would press the shift-key on the push, so I can select new scenes while playing my keyboard with my other hand.
As far as I understand, the foot pedals are not yet assigned to anything.
I guess this would be a 5 minutes project for someone who knows the code.
Thanks
Achim

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:41 pm
moss wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:43 pm There is a function to toggle between the instrument/audio and fx track bank.
I did not find it, looked through all menus.
It is the first entry in the Track menu: "Track: Toggle Trackbank".

achimrothe wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:34 am first of all: thank you for this great extension! I really love it.
Now, being a musician (and not a programmer) I got a feature request that could ease my performing:
I would love to use a foot pedal attached to the push2 that would just act as if I would press the shift-key on the push, so I can select new scenes while playing my keyboard with my other hand.
As far as I understand, the foot pedals are not yet assigned to anything.
I guess this would be a 5 minutes project for someone who knows the code.
The first footswitch is fixed to send Sustain. The 2nd can be assigned to different functions in the settings: Workflow -> Footswitch 2.
I do not understand how simulating Shift would help you launch scenes.

moss wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:23 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:41 pm
moss wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:43 pm There is a function to toggle between the instrument/audio and fx track bank.
I did not find it, looked through all menus.
It is the first entry in the Track menu: "Track: Toggle Trackbank".
I tried that, It seams to select and toggle that selection, which would be completely useless. After that toggle I would have to move a different control which then acts on the selection...
I just want to turn my knob and it should move the fader!
My suggestion: put direct controls (set fx1 volume...set fx8 volume) into the master section. There is space and I at least consider those Fx returns as part of the master section... (Or rename the Maste section in “Master & FX”...)
I know the API can do it, at least with Javascript I was able to address the returns directly...

DrivenByMoss 7.10 is online!

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Generic Flexi:
    • New: Commands to edit fx tracks. See commands in new category FX Track
    • New: Commands to edit 64 user parameters. See commands in new category User
    • Fixed: *Track: Toggle trackbank
    • had no effect
  • Komplete Kontrol A-Series / M32
    • Fixed: Track name was not displayed
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Added User mode. Allows to map 64 parameters. Press USER button to enter. Setup on Push 1 is now Shift+USER.
    • New: Push 1: Show longer track/layer names in Details mode
    • New: Push 1: Indicate volume with one bar when VU is active
    • New: Push 2: Improved layout of transport mode
    • New: Push 2: Only redraw display image if something has changed
    • Fixed: Layer details page did not close automatically when Select-button was released.
    • Fixed: Do not close transport mode when accidently tempo or position knob is touched.
    • Fixed: Push 1: Layout of panorama on max right
    • Fixed: Push 1: Send modes could not be accessed
    • Fixed: Push 1: NullPointerException if Track mode was active and an effect track was selected in Bitwig
Enjoy!

moss wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:27 am
achimrothe wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:34 am
The first footswitch is fixed to send Sustain. The 2nd can be assigned to different functions in the settings: Workflow -> Footswitch 2.
I do not understand how simulating Shift would help you launch scenes.
Basically I am missing the <page left> <page right> <page up> and <page down> button in session mode with wich I could move 8 steps to left, right, up or down with pressing only ONE button ONE time.
My session has 16 tracks and is organized in fields of 16 x 8 in wich all clips can be combined in any way and accompany my life playing. I want to be able to switch to the next musical part (i.e. the following 16x8 field) as well as to the other 8 tracks (to start one of those) while still playing a line on my keyboard.
So far I can do that by using 2 hands: one has to press and hold <shift> while the other can select the wanted "page".

On the other hand the buttoms <page left>, <page right>, <octave up> and <octave down> are not used in session mode. If I could use those in session mode to navigate around in big steps of 8 would be fantascitc, too.

:tu: Hi Moss, the new "User" feature in Push 2 is utterly fantastic. Thank you SO much for adding this!

Will this be available for Reaper as well? Would love to test it with my Push 2.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:44 am Will this be available for Reaper as well? Would love to test it with my Push 2.
If you mean the User mode, I think the Reaper API does not support it. Next Reaper version takes a bit longer (lots of changes).

Return to “Controller Scripting”