Chernobyl Synth/ Maybe MIDI Controller Concept

...and how to do so...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:38 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:28 pm
Harry_HH wrote:the Hiroshima sample pack
Harry_HH wrote:a synth UI, which imitates the Auschwiz cremator
For someone who is getting on their high horse about someone using the design esthetics from Chernobyl (and who has not in any way referenced the victims of the disaster in a negative or disrespectful way) you seem to be pretty adept at exploiting horrific disasters for your own purposes.

Can we give it a rest now please?
one was also an actual accident with no evil intent.
This "actual accident" was direct consequence of the state-controlled neglecting of safety, disregarding of human life, and systematic lying.

The non-existent information policy of the catastrophe shows the same disregard.

I understand, that those who don't want to know what happened and why, see the event more or less harmles "accident". Source of exciting aestetics and drama films.
Some comments here denounce my approach to this as exaggeration, and understate the catastrophy, and the reasons behind it.

Why is necessary to connect the "retro" design to the name Chernobyl, if the idea is just to plan UI with some aestetics?
This is the core of the OP and some commentator stupidity.
I see this kind of stupidity in relation to those, who e. g. neglect the history of the holocaust, and those who cheep "sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone, sooryy".

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 am Why is necessary to connect the "retro" design to the name Chernobyl, if the idea is just to plan UI with some aestetics?
There's just been a TV series about Chernobyl, with an audience of millions, so its a current, widely-known example. Obviously.

Or are you expecting people to be able to have more of a reference point for visualising and discussing the aesthetics of the control systems for Hunterston B?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

im not.

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 am This "actual accident" was direct consequence of the state-controlled neglecting of safety, disregarding of human life, and systematic lying.

The non-existent information policy of the catastrophe shows the same disregard.
So are you saying that it wasn't an accident, that it was the result of someone purposely letting the reactor overheat?
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 amI understand, that those who don't want to know what happened and why, see the event more or less harmles "accident". Source of exciting aestetics and drama films.
No one said or implied anything like that.

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 amSome comments here denounce my approach to this as exaggeration, and understate the catastrophy, and the reasons behind it.
No one said that either.
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 amWhy is necessary to connect the "retro" design to the name Chernobyl, if the idea is just to plan UI with some aestetics?
That's been explained
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 amThis is the core of the OP and some commentator stupidity.
So you're resorting to insults now?
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 amI see this kind of stupidity in relation to those, who e. g. neglect the history of the holocaust, and those who cheep "sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone, sooryy".
Now you're just being deliberately offensive. You don't like an innocuous reference to something that affected you personally, and you think that justifies the implication that those who disagree with you are the same as Holocaust deniers?

Dude, get off your high horse and see this thread for what it is.

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:17 pmim not.
I'd let you. If you weren't a figment of my imagination.

Unaspected wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 am And it should glow in the dark.
Users would glow too after using it for a while.

nordickvr wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:31 pm
Unaspected wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 am And it should glow in the dark.
Users would glow too after using it for a while.
Maybe if the paint is cheap enough it could wear off on the fingers.

If it's really cheap it could also have some kind of toxic effect for added realism.

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:04 am
For someone who is getting on their high horse about someone using the design esthetics from Chernobyl (and who has not in any way referenced the victims of the disaster in a negative or disrespectful way) you seem to be pretty adept at exploiting horrific disasters for your own purposes.

This "actual accident" was direct consequence of the state-controlled neglecting of safety, disregarding of human life, and systematic lying.

I understand, that those who don't want to know what happened and why, see the event more or less harmles "accident". Source of exciting aestetics and drama films.
Some comments here denounce my approach to this as exaggeration, and understate the catastrophy, and the reasons behind it.

Why is necessary to connect the "retro" design to the name Chernobyl, if the idea is just to plan UI with some aestetics?
I see this kind of stupidity in relation to those, who e. g. neglect the history of the holocaust, and those who cheep "sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone, sooryy".
and I'm seeing this as a conversation that belongs in hpc not in the diy forum...so if you want to continue this conversation continue it there, because it's done here in the diy forum
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Unaspected wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:27 am
Fox_GAMING_NTF wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:51 pm Just to clarify to everyone, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, or make fun of Chernobyl, or anything like that. What happened was sad, and horrible. This is merely an idea that had popped into my head.
Don't worry. Most of us get that. :)

Just saw this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49251471

Atomik Vodka! :party:
Oof, yeah, I've heard of that, too!

Hink wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:01 pm

and I'm seeing this as a conversation that belongs in hpc not in the diy forum...so if you want to continue this conversation continue it there, because it's done here in the diy forum
Hpc?

[nevermind this]

I just want to say this:

I respect your view/opinion on my idea, however, I *respectfully* ask you to respect my idea, and move on.

Multiple people have asked you fairly kindly to please stop, and yet you insist on continuing to whine and complain.

Again, I understand why you feel the way you do, but please, we all know how you feel, you don't need to continue to talk about how much you dislike this idea.

For the record, I find it insulting that you think that I neglect the history of the Holocaust, and don't say that you're not trying to say that to me, you wouldnt've brought it up/even said it if you didn't.

All I ask is that we stop acting like children, / being childish, and just move on.

While I respect your viewpoint, it isn't going to change my idea.

So please, if you simply cannot control yourself, and stop whining, then I *kindly* ask you to please leave.

Here's a thought - why don't we just drop any reference to Chernobyl and instead just say something like 'retro Soviet control panels'?

I think we all get the concept, and I don't see why anyone needs to be offended if we just drop the one word that seems to be causing the problem.

Forgotten wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:01 am Here's a thought - why don't we just drop any reference to Chernobyl and instead just say something like 'retro Soviet control panels'?

I think we all get the concept, and I don't see why anyone needs to be offended if we just drop the one word that seems to be causing the problem.
well it could be that he wants to remember the event? not with nostalgic eyes, but in a similar vein to remembrance sunday, to memorialise the brave who gave their lives to make it a lesser catastrophe than it may have ended up being, or the victims too.

there are many reasons people are inspired by certain events in life, not always as mockery or bigging up such things.

anyway, id be looking for prefabs, getting cases made isnt going to be cost effective until you're talking a good production run.
as its then being painted, even plastic is acceptable, and much easier to work with for hole cutting and drilling at home.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”