MuLab 8.1.24 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's an odd issue which i cannot repeat. I don't think Upgrade Projects is related to that. I'll keep an eye on it. Question: Do the standard tooltips still work, eg when you hover a rack level meter or the main Play, Rewind, Forward, Record buttons in the top transport panel?

And what about restarting your computer?

No tooltips work at all. I tried those you mentioned.
That was after a restart, so that hasn't helped either.
Damn!
Well, not bad I suppose. How long has it been? 5 or 6 years of using MuLab and my first issue!
Hopefully you can resolve this soon.
Would the logs help? There are none saved but when I start MuLab it creates one.

sl23 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:43 am That was after a restart, so that hasn't helped either.
After a restart of MuLab, or after a restart of your computer?
There are none saved but when I start MuLab it creates one.
It always creates a log, but when there are no errors the log is auto deleted upon quit.

Question:
When you move your mouse in the composer area, then do you see the time position of the mouse cursor in the bottom right of the composer, below the grid tools? Is it constantly changing as you move the mouse cursor?

Computer restart.

Ah ok. Should I turn up the log error detection level?

I'll have to check that later re time position

M8.1.18 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • Audio Sequences: When multiple sample events are selected the "Attach To Marker", "Detach From Marker" or "Snap To Nearest Marker" functions now are properly applied to all selected events in the expected way. This improvement has made the "Convert Start/Loop/End Positions" function redundant and so it has been removed. An extra advantage is that the above 3 functions are undoable while the removed "Convert Start/Loop/End Positions" function wasn't.
  • When switching between MUX front panel and modular area, this now keeps the same window.
    You can [Shift]+click or right-click the switch editor button to open it in a new window.
    Also double-clicking a MUX in the modular area will keep the same window if possible.
    The modular area now also has a "One Level Up" button to go to the parent MUX.
  • Step sequencer: Copy pattern did not properly work when using it several times after each other for different patterns. Fixed.
  • Several other small improvements.

How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

@sl23: If the mouse hold issue still remains in M8.1.18 then pls do this:

* MULAB menu -> Help -> Command Line -> "test"
This will start logging specific info

* Now move around in MuLab and try to get the info tip for Audio Setup, MIDI Setup etc.
Also check the small tooltips for Play, Record, Rewind, Forward etc
Also try the auto-open sub-menus by hovering a group.

* Email the log file for this test session (it's in your MuLab folder) to Image

Excellent! Thanks Jo I'll give it a whirl right now :tu:

Ok I've just emailed the log to you. I took a quick look and see no hover mouse hover only left click operations!

sl23 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:54 pm Ok I've just emailed the log to you. I took a quick look and see no hover mouse hover only left click operations!
Lets continue via email for this issue.

mutools wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:28 pm M8.1.18 is available. What's changed:

When switching between MUX front panel and modular area, this now keeps the same window.
You can [Shift]+click or right-click the switch editor button to open it in a new window.
Also double-clicking a MUX in the modular area will keep the same window if possible.
The modular area now also has a "One Level Up" button to go to the parent MUX.
Does everyone like this change? Any disadvantages? It surely has the advantage of decreasing the floating window clutter a bit.

You the man!!!
Thanks for the new Switch feature and the Up button is great :tu:

I had another idea regarding tabs, if that's your plan?
Tab the Front Panel. So one tab could contain Osc 1,2,3... Second tab contains Filter, Third tab contains LFO's, etc...
It would reduce the screen area required for larger Front Panels.

I like it :tu:
Especially that shift enables opening in new window like previous.
When editing the front panel its necessary to have modules open in extra window, for dragging items to the front panel etc. Also tend to move and copy things from one module window to another during sound designing. But most other times this change will save screen clutter.

With respect to the tabbed front panel request (if there is any plan for this) I think a good approach would be to incorporate it as a special 'tabbed group frame' module, rather than as any set standard for the main front panel. tabs could be created and named on this special group frame, and controls placed or dragged onto it as desired, according to the designers preference. That could be neat!

Good job with the updates so far. :band:

+1 I like that idea of tabbed groups :tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”