Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

v1o wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:06 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:36 pm
stepkus wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:22 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:19 am
BingBang wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:14 pm Steinberg sent out a promotional email so that YOU can get 50% off of Tranzformizer.

https://transformizer.com/steinberg-promotion-campaign/

Just use the code: STEINBERG50PCTOFF at checkout.

So, you only have to pay $299,50 (instead of $599 :roll: ) for the pro version or $99,50 for the basic license.

$299,50 seems like a lot of money for this.
Gotta say it looks very interesting. :tu:
Hope that the black Friday price is much lower then will for sure be a buyer.
Hope some one starts the Tranzformizer thread.
I asked them for a demo license:

„At the moment we are running an extremely attractive campaign with Steinberg for the users. Hence the trial option is temporarily suspended. We will reinstate that again after the campaign.“
Iris is perhaps the best alternative to Tranzformizer. Are there other alternatives?

I will stick with my Iris 2 and hope some developer will do an Iris 3 equivalent for a reasonable price. But dang Tranzformizer does have some nice features.
It does? How do you apply the characteristics of one sound to another in Iris 2, for example making a human sound like an animal.
That's what I like about Tranzformizer.
Well Iris also have four layers. :lol:
Would really like to see if there are any alternatives to Tranzformizer especially if cheaper.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:19 pm That's what I like about Tranzformizer.
Would really like to see if there are any alternatives to Tranzformizer especially if cheaper.
These tools tend to be expensive. An alternative would be:
https://www.krotosaudio.com
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:23 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:19 pm That's what I like about Tranzformizer.
These tools tend to be expensive. An alternative would be:
https://www.krotosaudio.com
Expensivo! You ain't kidding!
Looks like I will not be going in that direction. :cry:

Krotos Reformer is more oriented towards foley: the main overlap is in the amplitude shaping part of Transformizer.

Short of going the whole hog with a Kyma, Cargo Cult Envy is the closest to Transformizer but IIRC only runs in Pro Tools because it needs Audiosuite-type processing - it doesn't run live.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:33 pm Krotos Reformer is more oriented towards foley: the main overlap is in the amplitude shaping part of Transformizer.

Short of going the whole hog with a Kyma, Cargo Cult Envy is the closest to Transformizer but IIRC only runs in Pro Tools because it needs Audiosuite-type processing - it doesn't run live.
Still expensive. In any case I do not use PT.
Again I gotta say Tranzformizer looks Gooood.
Now if I do not eat for a month ...

dusted william wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:03 pm
Fleer wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:51 pm I believe Saturate and Punctuate are indeed simply free updates to the Elevate bundle.
I sent them an email asking them that, haven’t heard back yet. Does anyone know for sure?
If you own the Elevate Bundle you have Punctuate and Saturate already. Just grab the latest installers at newfangledaudio.com/downloads
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

v1o wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:06 pm for example making a human sound like an animal.
I guess that's a thing, huh?

They should put that in their marketing materials

I meant to share this last night after testing to confirm but ran outta time to test. I hope to test tonight.

I asked Eventide via email and Jerome replied that "The iLok license won't change. Those plug-ins are included within the Elevate license."

So it still only lists me having 3 licenses in my iLok account (Elevate Bundle, EQuivocate, and Elevate), for the "Elevate Mastering Bundle", but yes, it's supposed to allow Saturate and Punctuate work if you download the latest installers.

1.5.11 here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/p ... installers

Yes. They really should add a note clarifying this so it is clear for the customer and reduces the unnecessary inquiries.

What's kinda sad is that my account there still offers me the crossgrade upgrade to the elevate mastering bundle for $39 even though I already own it. Also it was originally offering it based on my owning Anthology X even though I own XI as well already too. But to their credit after contacting them it is now basing my upgrade price on XI. But still.. I already own it. Minor. But shows some slack in their site tracking. Again, minor complaint considering what we regularly see from iZotope's tracking of what we already own.

Overall I've had stellar service every time from Eventide. Great products and great pricing and kind support in the past. So I'm well pleased with them. It was nice to confirm they gave me these two for free with my bundle after all.

Edit: By the way, on their download page at the bottom there is a note.
"If you own Elevate, you may download the latest v1.5 update for free."

However, to me it was unclear as I always assume I can download the latest updates. The question remained if I rated the two new plugins. I see now that they were trying to infer that you do.

Rational wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:52 am Also it was originally offering it based on my owning Anthology X even though I own XI as well already too. But to their credit after contacting them it is now basing my upgrade price on XI. But still.. I already own it. Minor. But shows some slack in their site tracking. Again, minor complaint considering what we regularly see from iZotope's tracking of what we already own.
Anthology XI owner and I'm seeing $99. Just curious if you saw a cheaper price for the upgrade? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Found the very generous XI upgrade deal by clicking the link a few pages back. Should have done some more research before posting.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:55 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:33 pm Krotos Reformer is more oriented towards foley: the main overlap is in the amplitude shaping part of Transformizer.

Food is overrated. :scared: :dog: :D

I haven't looked at Tranzformer, but I got to say half of these things never quite work the way I want them to. I have a couple of Kontakt libraries at least one of which you can technically use your own samples, you just have to go under the hood, delete the current samples and load your own. I didn't feel really comfortable doing it. But it was a lot cheaper and had 4 samples mixed and mangled. Can't remember the name.

dzilizzi wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:30 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Food is overrated. :scared: :dog: :D

I haven't looked at Tranzformer, but I got to say half of these things never quite work the way I want them to. I have a couple of Kontakt libraries at least one of which you can technically use your own samples, you just have to go under the hood, delete the current samples and load your own. I didn't feel really comfortable doing it. But it was a lot cheaper and had 4 samples mixed and mangled. Can't remember the name.
That's true but if things do not work I usually blame my lack of reading the manual. But yes the other 25% doesn't work as it should due to the app not well designed and not being my fault. There is always a risk but at $300 (sale price) it is a risk I may not take.

My main question is if Tranzformer can work on multi-minute long samples.

"Iris is perhaps the best alternative to Tranzformizer. Are there other alternatives?"

How about Zynaptiq Morph2. Needs alot of work to get it right though but I suspect all of these types of transformations are difficult to do well - perhaps even in Kyma (other than the straight revoicing that Krotos does )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWbHZj2wfPQ

I see Wormhole is on sale with JRR - maybe Morph2 will also go on sale?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

nvm - have created a separate thread re D16 coupon

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Rational wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:52 am So it still only lists me having 3 licenses in my iLok account (Elevate Bundle, EQuivocate, and Elevate), for the "Elevate Mastering Bundle", but yes, it's supposed to allow Saturate and Punctuate work if you download the latest installers.
It was done this way because using the current setup you can't add new products to a bundle license - and this caused us some amount is difficulty with Anthology. So when I made the Elevate Mastering Bundle license I stuffed an extra unused license in there too sort of future proof it.

When Elevate 1.5 came out I used that license for Saturate and Punctuate. Then when we released them individually they each got their own licenses. So now, all releases of Saturate and Punctuate can be authorised by either the Saturate/Punctuate license, or by the Elevate Bundle license.

How's that for too much detail?

Dan from Newfangled Audio
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

Dan, You're the best!!! :)

Now that's what I call a great company right there. Willing to share how in detail they're looking out for us.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”