Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Well this has taken a bizarre turn.

Manuel - We got cracked. Looks like we're having to go to eLicenser.
Everyone - NO NO NO NO!!! DONGLES ARE SATANIC!!!
Manuel - Oh, looks like I found a great solution where you can use the Cloud, Dongle or Machine Authorisation.
Everyone - NO NO NO NO!!! THOSE CHOICES ARE EVEN MORE SATANIC!!! PLEASE WE BE BEG YOU USE ELICENSER!!!!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I think Vengeance Sound should do what they need to do. I'm ok with any copy protection, even though I had some problem with iLok software when Windows 10 was updated 2 years ago. I don't have an eLicenser dongle today, but use the software (HALion, Padshop Pro and SpectraLayers).

Have never had any problems with CodeMeter software (don't have a dongle), but some problem with iLok (explained above) and minor problem with eLicenser.

This is my priority order:

1. CodeMeter (software)
2. iLok (dongle)
3. iLok (software)
4. eLicenser (software)
5. eLicenser (dongle)
6. CodeMeter (dongle)

I will upgrade whatever Vengeance will choose for protection.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 pm
JunSev wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:36 pm Wow, the direction where this synth is going with additional "copy protection" schemes is starting to make me feel absolutely fortune to never buy avenger when was the synth I admired so much some long time ago.

All of this nightmare additional procedures to make the user more dependent of the company (the product you paid for only will work as long as the company is there or "online software manager" is there = you don't have product) is never the best way to proceed.

No Ilok/Pace or similars offering their disgusting "yearly fee protection" or their overpriced dongle (also be prepared for the crazy amount of money you would need to pay if you have a system fail and many other bad situations loosing "your licence" viewtopic.php?f=16&t=504402&p=7071973#p7071973 ), nor online or clouds activation is the best procedure while the product ones is paying will not work if the company is not there in a future; in this bad scenario no backups, no matter if you save your software to your hdd, ssd or memory, the product you paid for simply will not work never because of all of those horrendous procedures.

And the worse thing is that some people accept all of this like "yeah is ok"... what is even happening with this generation? people should open their eyes and don't fall in this incredulity.

The best method is always the method that respect the independency of the user concerning their products.
chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:32 pm Jeez Christ... it's absolutely irrelevant for us end users whether something has been cracked or not. So much smartass-ism on the internet. :roll:

Of course, everyone here knows it so much better than the people actually dealing with the stuff. Are you even realizing that this is solely political?
Says the biggest ilok/Pace supporter with remarks about subscriptions methods as more "viable" in the future and every similar methods always even trying to put silence on anyone who says the truth about all of those disgusting mechanisms, always with "this is political", "this should be in hyde park corner" and more, always trying to put silence and dependent-to-the-company methods as a "good" thing.

What a manipulative person...

With all respect.
This only shows your complete inability to comprehend. And, sorry, your absolute idiotism. I'm not a "iLok supporter", i am a supporter of healthy businesses, which we all benefit from, as consumers. If you fail to understand that, it's not my fault, and not my problem. Really, in your own interest, you should stop posting about things you aren't even willing to understand.

With all resp... i mean... yeah, whatever. :P
What you call "healthy businesses" is a fallacy, you have been supporting any bad implementation some developers and companies propose and if anyone says something then you say is an idiot or short minded because the user is aware of the problem those system will bring with it and the bad practices and problems those "license manager" and subscriptions will cause.
i am a supporter of healthy businesses, which we all benefit from, as consumers.
Healthy what?... benefit who?... what are you talking about?
There is nothing healthy for the user with those implementation, but of course you need to manipulate facts in order to accommodate things in your own (bad) way as always.

I had to.

With all respect.

jbraner wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:23 pm Or we can all just stay on version 1.5 ;)
Because you think it'll run so smooth that you'll never need support or fixes and you'll also never update your OS or so? Not really an option imo.

Please not another copy protection .... already have a dongle each elicenser and ilok.... i dont think a comouter system stays stable with 10 different copy protections....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Soundplex wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:48 pm
jbraner wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:23 pm Or we can all just stay on version 1.5 ;)
Because you think it'll run so smooth that you'll never need support or fixes and you'll also never update your OS or so? Not really an option imo.
No - because I won't have to listen to people bitch and moan about all the copy protection schemes, and analyse the shit out of everything :wink:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

While you discuss to death about shit i made music with Avenger! :)

Guru Josh - Infinity (VPS Avenger Rebuild)
https://clyp.it/pomx54cr?token=f48b0c2e ... 771b708da8

Blackbox - Everybody Everybody (VPS Avenger Rebuild)
https://clyp.it/dxfymtie?token=cfe5e68d ... f0d983e2f1

Robert Miles - Children (VPS Avenger Rebuild)
https://clyp.it/r5vatpur?token=37132762 ... fb1b2c9ca6

Technotronic - Getup before the night is over (VPS Avenger Rebuild)
https://clyp.it/qpaxnowb?token=b03df116 ... 4e44bd027c

Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F. (VPS Avenger Rebuild)
https://clyp.it/otwmsist?token=a910ecbe ... 4996100d71

Happy Weekend ! :D
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Please stop requesting iLok, it wont happen this is 1000% sure. iLok is definatel NO option for us. Its too expensive. Dont try to convince us, it has no sense. Furthermore this is not a democratic voting: We do what we think is the best compromise between security and user friendliness. CodeMeter has the big advantage, that we can continue to have 3 possible activations for each user, which eLicenser doesnt have. CodeMeter is (if its implemented correct) uncracked (see Reason10), but this has already been correctly mentioned. If CodeMeter is working for us, and it will provide software protection, we will even use it in 1.5., since it will not cause you any additional dongle costs.

:tu: Codemeter. I also own Reason 10 :) So i'm happy if you would use Codemeter. :party:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

msvs wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:30 pm If CodeMeter is working for us, and it will provide software protection, we will even use it in 1.5., since it will not cause you any additional dongle costs.
So that basically means I will be stuck with the last "pre-codemeter" version, because I cannot sell the license either, right?

If it is so, then it´s a smart move to have done a big 50% off sale right before cutting a bunch of users off of further development.

JunSev wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:46 pm I had to.
No, you never have to. You just do. Don't hide yourself behind any imaginative necessity to speak things out. You talk and act for yourself.

epiphaneia wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:56 pm
msvs wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:30 pm If CodeMeter is working for us, and it will provide software protection, we will even use it in 1.5., since it will not cause you any additional dongle costs.
So that basically means I will be stuck with the last "pre-codemeter" version, because I cannot sell the license either, right?

If it is so, then it´s a smart move to have done a big 50% off sale right before cutting a bunch of users off of further development.
Seriously, what's your problem with Codemeter? I don't get it.

chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:01 pm
epiphaneia wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:56 pm

Seriously, what's your problem with Codemeter? I don't get it.
I had an experience with Reason/Codemeter just once and that was enough. That led to me having to restore my Studio Mac from a backup, as it froze (no error message; just hard freezing) several times a day. I lost two days of -paid- work. That Mac had been working perfectly fine beforehand and after the restore. Even the not-necessarily-popular iLok never gave me that kind of headache. So I´m not going to gamble and brace myself for weird system issues for just one synth.

Come on ! Some day, Codemeter will be cracked ! Everything that doesn't strictly need a physical key will be ! iLok started to be heavily cracked when they proposed the software alternative... And this day, what will you do ? Avenger 3 with eLicencer ?...
Last edited by DJErmac on Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Anyone know if there's fee to be paid when selling Avenger license?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Instruments”