DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Ah yes, meant the user mode. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

before dropping my first request: thank you so much, moss. Another happy KKmk2/Push2 user (basically your script is a system seller. Switched to Bitwig, as I could use my Push and added the KKmk2 to my new setup)

One thing I like to be added, is the clip browser via script (rightclick into a selected cell/press b) to browse and load clips/wav files.
As it’s not implemented into DrivenByMoss, I assume it‘s (not yet) accessible from the API.

jeblo05 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 pm One thing I like to be added, is the clip browser via script (rightclick into a selected cell/press b) to browse and load clips/wav files.
As it’s not implemented into DrivenByMoss, I assume it‘s (not yet) accessible from the API.
Hold *Browse* and select a pad to browse for clips in the Session display.

thank you, moss! Obviously I‘ve changed too much in my setup and now need to learn to use my new tools.
One more question, if you don’t mind: even if folders („location“) are collapsed in the pop-up browser, Push expands all levels, which makes it close to impossible to browse a folder structure that has several levels of subfolders (in my case: all Maschine expansion packs)
I guess that’s how the API works?
Then I might have to think about re-organizing my Bitwig library

jeblo05 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 pm thank you, moss! Obviously I‘ve changed too much in my setup and now need to learn to use my new tools.
One more question, if you don’t mind: even if folders („location“) are collapsed in the pop-up browser, Push expands all levels, which makes it close to impossible to browse a folder structure that has several levels of subfolders (in my case: all Maschine expansion packs)
I guess that’s how the API works?
Then I might have to think about re-organizing my Bitwig library
Yes, that's how it is. Best use Collections.

Hi,

I wondering that the Maschine jam didn't find the way in the
Family of "moss driven" controllers--the Funktionalität with the ni script is so poor and it has so much controls in common witch push.. I would really love to see it supported by a nice moosgruber script! I am always tending to switch over to a push but somehow, for everybody that is not searching for pads to play it could be the better fit..

Any chance we see this some day

Best

Hi,

I am new to both Bitwig and the Launchpad Pro. I have just set everything up, however the Launchpad seems to hang whenever I select "Device" or use the "Volume", "Pan" or "Sends" buttons. In the Controller Script Console I get the message "Unsupported Midi CC:97" (when using Device); "Unsupported Midi CC:7" (when pressing Sends); "Unsupported Midi CC:6" (Pan) and "Unsupported Midi CC:5 (Volume). Once I have received any one of these messages all other attempts to use any other button on the launchpad also results in an unsupported midi CC message. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
T

Hi,
I'm the enthusiast owner of both a Push 2 and Launchpad Pro and I enjoy your script for Bitwig.
However, I'm having some trouble, in particular, my Push 2 doesn't get velocity in Bitwig for all the notes mode (checked in Ableton and works fine). It may a configuration error or a bug?

Also sometimes the Push 2 script crash while I'm browsing preset or device, usually it happens after I filter the device types.
(Error message is a simple "-1" I don't know where to find more detailed log about that)

Final question, the Launchpad Pro browse function is great but is it possible to add the device scrolling for presets?
Last edited by stoker on Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stoker wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:58 pm I'm the enthusiast owner of both a Push 2 and Launchpad Pro and I enjoy your script for Bitwig.
However, I'm having some trouble, in particular, my Push 2 doesn't get velocity in Bitwig for all the notes mode (checked in Ableton and works fine). It may a configuration error or a bug?
Ok, I didn't noticed the accent was one :dog:

Hi Jürgen, thank you for this Generic Flexi Script. I use it with my Novation Peak + Linux Mint + Bitwig Studio 3.0.2 It works very well.

Just release version 7.20!
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Launchpad Pro
    • New: Added user mode. Press USER button to enter. Scene buttons switch between the 8 pages of 8 parameters.
  • Novation Remote SL Mk III
    • New: Added setting to disable the faders (to prevent accidently changing volume)
  • Push
    • New: Session: The octave and page buttons navigate the pages of the session grid
    • New: Second row buttons (buttons above display on Push 2) allows now to toggle between min/max values in User mode.
    • Fixed: Push 2: Notification messages were not shown on the display
  • OSC
    • New: Added user parameters
Enjoy!

moss wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:39 pm DrivenByMoss 7.10 is online!

[*]Push 1/2
  • New: Added User mode. Allows to map 64 parameters. Press USER button to enter. Setup on Push 1 is now Shift+USER.
Enjoy!
Thanks for the fantastic User mode! However, in case I map it to a toggle parameter, e.g. device on/off, I can't switch it using the button below the rotary knobs. It always jumps back to off.

Dear Jürgen, your script is amazing! :tu:

For Komplete Kontrol mk2 keyboard : Please can you add upon the 8 switch buttons the color of tracks to simplify selection. :wink:

Thanks.

Ghislain2b wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:23 pm For Komplete Kontrol mk2 keyboard : Please can you add upon the 8 switch buttons the color of tracks to simplify selection. :wink:
Would love to but I have no control over any of the colors. I already sent a similar request to NI because several people asked about it. But make your voice heard too and write to NI!

imagine2015 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:01 pm
moss wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:39 pm DrivenByMoss 7.10 is online!

[*]Push 1/2
  • New: Added User mode. Allows to map 64 parameters. Press USER button to enter. Setup on Push 1 is now Shift+USER.
Enjoy!
Thanks for the fantastic User mode! However, in case I map it to a toggle parameter, e.g. device on/off, I can't switch it using the button below the rotary knobs. It always jumps back to off.
I guess you used the button to map it? If you do so it will (strangely) not map the user-parameter but the CC of the button. I have no idea how to prevent that, I also noticed that you can press any button on the Push and it gets mapped.
Therefore, use the knob for mapping, then you can use the button for toggling.

Return to “Controller Scripting”