Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

chk071 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:48 am What do you expect him to do, when his business gets harmed by pirates, because the copy protection he uses doesn't suffice?
Honestly, how could they even tell after a week from the appearance of the warez that their business had been hurt hard? Especially considering they had just had their biggest sale prior to that.
starflakeprj wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 am Everyone barking at the developer should head over to the Audiosex forum and bark at the people who made this happen instead.
Other developers have been cracked too you know.

I just wanted to say that I would protect it as much as possible. Already clear that 3 protections at the same time are nonsense. :)

Orbit-50 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:39 pm Also a bottle opener please.
Great idea! The ultimate copy protection dongle for the thirsty man / woman:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:D
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

hvyen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:35 am
Orbit-50 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:39 pm Also a bottle opener please.
Great idea! The ultimate copy protection dongle for the thirsty man / woman:
:lol:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

msvs wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:30 pm Please stop requesting iLok, it wont happen this is 1000% sure. iLok is definatel NO option for us. Its too expensive. Dont try to convince us, it has no sense. Furthermore this is not a democratic voting: We do what we think is the best compromise between security and user friendliness. CodeMeter has the big advantage, that we can continue to have 3 possible activations for each user, which eLicenser doesnt have. CodeMeter is (if its implemented correct) uncracked (see Reason10), but this has already been correctly mentioned. If CodeMeter is working for us, and it will provide software protection, we will even use it in 1.5., since it will not cause you any additional dongle costs.
As long as we can have 3 activations I'll fully support any decision you take. Thanks for being awesome!!! :tu:

EDIT: Also, I know this is controversial but I actually suggest you implement Codemeter (or whatever you decide upon) before releasing v1.5. Everybody has already heard how much added value that update will have.. thus making the pirated version work as an extended "demo". At the same time, make sure v1.5 doesn't work with pirated libraries either.. thus making those too work as extended "demo" versions, perhaps earning you guys some new customers.

Seriously.. this synth is AMAZING value and such an awesome product. It WILL sell due to this fact alone, especially if it v1.5 can again have rock solid copy protection.

I also suggest treating all potential warez users with soft gloves. Don't implement any nasty trojans or other aggressive measures when a pirated version is detected. A time-bombed nice little very polite and understanding message goes much further than any aggressive measures. Heck, why not even include a nice little web link to the shop with a 5% discount (no, I'm NOT kidding!). :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

The Sarge! wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:02 am although it´s no public democratic voting, but why not eLicenser when your other products use it? didn´t understand! :?:
I hope that all the messages about the spying and bloating of the computer by Codemeter are not correct. :scared: :scared: :scared:
The issue for many of us is that eLicenser is very mobile-unfriendly, multiple soft licenses (or dongle + a soft license) is far better. Steinberg have actually indicated they are moving away from elicenser, but haven't yet said what they are moving to.

Its a shame that some have had serious issues with CodeMeter - did anyone try to go through support / track down what it was with their system that caused the issues if most people get on fine?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Puddi wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:26 am
chk071 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:48 am What do you expect him to do, when his business gets harmed by pirates, because the copy protection he uses doesn't suffice?
Honestly, how could they even tell after a week from the appearance of the warez that their business had been hurt hard? Especially considering they had just had their biggest sale prior to that.
starflakeprj wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 am Everyone barking at the developer should head over to the Audiosex forum and bark at the people who made this happen instead.
Other developers have been cracked too you know.
1+
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

msvs wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:30 pm Furthermore this is not a democratic voting: We do what we think is the best compromise between security and user friendliness.
:dog: I guess people will just have to vote with their wallets then.

At the end of the day, as long as they don't use the CodeMeter dongle version, which it sounds like they won't, then it's reasonable.

@msvs Manuel, when the new copy protection versions come out, 1.5 onwards, will you still be providing a VST2 version as well as VST3 ?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

How’s that even remotely connected to copy protection topic?

Manuel is there going to be a new feature for the drum osc on 1.5 or do we have to wait for 2.0

Who was the author of the Melodic EDM expansion? Best XP for me so far. Would like to know what are the other banks this designer did.

Iva wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:21 pm Who was the author of the Melodic EDM expansion? Best XP for me so far. Would like to know what are the other banks this designer did.
must be Manuel himself, afaik

I have Melodic EDM XP and the patches are signed Manuel Schleis.

Return to “Instruments”