SpaceCraft Granular Synth available now on desktop (Win/Mac VST2/VST3/AU)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread cost me $46.50. Cheers.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

You‘re welcome :D

Sorry for the announcement about the Sale .lolz

If anybody has any questions, issues or feature requests please contact me at deltavaudio@gmail.com :)
Mark

What kind of DRM does this use?

Hi @DigiPour, SC uses the same authentication as other Tracktion software and is linked to your Tracktion account. There's also a 30 day fully featured trial available.

Thanks.

I also took the plunge. After messing with it briefly, I discovered an hour had passed. While it doesn't have many presets, that's for the best, because I started to mess with some ancient samples on my hard drive I'd forgotten about and discovered a ton of wild sounds embedded inside them. You really can and should be using your own sounds, because it's more impressive that way. So far, I can't predict what I'd use this for, but I can't wait to find something.

The user interface takes some getting used to, but it is logical. Some of it uses terms like LFO in a very different way than what you would expect, but that's probably LESS confusing than calling it a "grain depth and frequency control." The manual is easy to read and short.

This thing is a blast to mess with.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:06 pm , but that's probably LESS confusing than calling it a "grain depth and frequency control."
Hi Watchful that's great to hear a positive review :)

Did I use the phrase "grain depth and frequency control somewhere"? If so I'd need to change that as it could be a misleading phrase (as depth wouldn't make any sense)
M
Last edited by deltavaudio on Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Had to buy this, was already having a lot of fun with the iOS version.
Only feature request I have is adding S&H as LFO type, do I need to mail that?

RPH wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:40 pm Had to buy this, was already having a lot of fun with the iOS version.
Only feature request I have is adding S&H as LFO type, do I need to mail that?
Have you updated to the latest version v1.0.33? One of the new LFO types is called random which I think is what you're looking for.

Ahhh, the desktop version has more LFO types. Didn't see that, thanks.
Will you also add those LFO types to the iOS version?

RPH wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:48 pm Ahhh, the desktop version has more LFO types. Didn't see that, thanks.
Will you also add those LFO types to the iOS version?
I still need to figure out what I can port from desktop to iOS without breaking iOS version. Some features will be desktop only such as longer sample duration and extra grains as iOS just can't handle it.

Understood, thanks for the reply.

deltavaudio wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:39 pmDid I use the phrase "grain depth and frequency control somewhere"? If so I'd need to change that as it could be a misleading phrase (as depth wouldn't make any sense)
No, you most certainly did not. But you could have, accurately, and made that more confusing. Obviously a lot of us will see LFO and think "modulation," but Spacecraft's LFO goes way beyond that.

I hope to do a deeper-dive review soon, here on KVR, but rest assured, this thing is excellent. It isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but it's a deep cup with a mix of different teas. If anyone is new to granular synthesis, this plugin is a superb tutorial as well as musical instrument.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Return to “Instruments”