Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Amram
KVRian
694 posts since 12 Jan, 2013 from Foolish Shepherd

Post Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:07 pm

Tone2 Icarus now at thomann for 116€ .

dermage
KVRian
521 posts since 23 May, 2016

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:02 am

Amram wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:07 pm
Tone2 Icarus now at thomann for 116€ .
Afaik the Icarus2 upgrade is included for all who bought since May 2019. So it's quite a good deal since update from Icarus1 to 2 will be 59€-79€ according to Tone2.

Btw: Icarus2 will be out by end of 2019.

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=530373

User avatar
BingBang
KVRist
37 posts since 31 Jul, 2016 from Germany

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:40 am

Amram wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:07 pm
Tone2 Icarus now at thomann for 116€ .
I just checked the Thomann (German) site, the price is shown as €139. The price without VAT would be about €116.

PTV
KVRAF
2089 posts since 5 Jan, 2006

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:15 am

waltercruz wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 am
Reverb Drum Machine Collection (1.4 GB) free

https://reverb.com/software/samples-and ... collection
I downloaded it, it has a lot of rare drum machines, included Chamberlin Rhythmate loops (which was the highlight of the collection for me). The quality isn't great, it's definitely not in the same league as Samples From Mars or Goldbaby, for example some of the Oberheim DX one shot samples have no sound (the clap, the shakers, rimshot), just empty wavs, which suggest they used an automatic slicing program in the process. Having said that, since it's free now I think it's worth the download , if only for the rare/hard to find stuff.

User avatar
ChamomileShark
KVRAF
1577 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:42 am

PTV wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:15 am
waltercruz wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 am
Reverb Drum Machine Collection (1.4 GB) free

https://reverb.com/software/samples-and ... collection
I downloaded it, it has a lot of rare drum machines, included Chamberlin Rhythmate loops (which was the highlight of the collection for me). The quality isn't great, it's definitely not in the same league as Samples From Mars or Goldbaby, for example some of the Oberheim DX one shot samples have no sound (the clap, the shakers, rimshot), just empty wavs, which suggest they used an automatic slicing program in the process. Having said that, since it's free now I think it's worth the download , if only for the rare/hard to find stuff.
hi, I've just tried downloading that pack

I'm on Windows 10

for some reason although it's reporting the zip file is 1.43Gb there is nothing in there except the MACOSX folder. When I extract it then it reports zero size and no files.

I tried the Prophet 6 pack and that is fine, it extracts as I would expect.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

gerk
KVRist
54 posts since 27 May, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:44 am

ChamomileShark wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:42 am
PTV wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:15 am
waltercruz wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 am
Reverb Drum Machine Collection (1.4 GB) free

https://reverb.com/software/samples-and ... collection
I downloaded it, it has a lot of rare drum machines, included Chamberlin Rhythmate loops (which was the highlight of the collection for me). The quality isn't great, it's definitely not in the same league as Samples From Mars or Goldbaby, for example some of the Oberheim DX one shot samples have no sound (the clap, the shakers, rimshot), just empty wavs, which suggest they used an automatic slicing program in the process. Having said that, since it's free now I think it's worth the download , if only for the rare/hard to find stuff.
hi, I've just tried downloading that pack

I'm on Windows 10

for some reason although it's reporting the zip file is 1.43Gb there is nothing in there except the MACOSX folder. When I extract it then it reports zero size and no files.

I tried the Prophet 6 pack and that is fine, it extracts as I would expect.

Anyone else experiencing the same?
Use 7 zip to extract it.

Ou_Tis
KVRist
400 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:44 am

ChamomileShark wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:42 am
PTV wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:15 am
waltercruz wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 am
Reverb Drum Machine Collection (1.4 GB) free

https://reverb.com/software/samples-and ... collection
I downloaded it, it has a lot of rare drum machines, included Chamberlin Rhythmate loops (which was the highlight of the collection for me). The quality isn't great, it's definitely not in the same league as Samples From Mars or Goldbaby, for example some of the Oberheim DX one shot samples have no sound (the clap, the shakers, rimshot), just empty wavs, which suggest they used an automatic slicing program in the process. Having said that, since it's free now I think it's worth the download , if only for the rare/hard to find stuff.
hi, I've just tried downloading that pack

I'm on Windows 10

for some reason although it's reporting the zip file is 1.43Gb there is nothing in there except the MACOSX folder. When I extract it then it reports zero size and no files.

I tried the Prophet 6 pack and that is fine, it extracts as I would expect.

Anyone else experiencing the same?
Yes, seems to be the same issue. Hadn't checked until now....

[Edit: 7-Zip does reveal a second folder which contains the expected files.]

WatchTheGuitar
KVRist
84 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:32 am

I didn't realise there was a combined installer and spent 2 hours yesterday downloading and installing everything separately. The main thing I came away with is that Reverb hates Windows users and doesn't understand maximum file path limits.

As for the sounds themselves - pretty meh, but there may be something in there worth using. I can see why people started developing software like XLN's XO to navigate thousands of samples.

Amram
KVRian
694 posts since 12 Jan, 2013 from Foolish Shepherd

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:40 pm

BingBang wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:40 am
Amram wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:07 pm
Tone2 Icarus now at thomann for 116€ .
I just checked the Thomann (German) site, the price is shown as €139. The price without VAT would be about €116.
Yes that's true.
If you choose your country in the checkout and if you are not living in EU it will calculate without tax.

heks
KVRist
262 posts since 28 Oct, 2002

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:40 pm

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:32 am
I can see why people started developing software like XLN's XO to navigate thousands of samples.
Or befor XO, Algonaut Atlas.

D.Wako
KVRian
886 posts since 7 Oct, 2006

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 pm

Up to 80% off PSP oldTimer, Busspressor, FETpressor, and Twin-L, now $19.99 to $29.99:
https://www.jrrshop.com/psp?dir=desc&or ... _from_date

You know how long this one is gonna be Oncle E?
What ever!

dermage
KVRian
521 posts since 23 May, 2016

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:51 pm

D.Wako wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 pm
Up to 80% off PSP oldTimer, Busspressor, FETpressor, and Twin-L, now $19.99 to $29.99:
https://www.jrrshop.com/psp?dir=desc&or ... _from_date

You know how long this one is gonna be Oncle E?
Psp says 5 days in their email, so I guess till August 30th

User avatar
pekadan
KVRian
1198 posts since 6 Nov, 2002 from where moose mate, mate

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:18 am

Sorry if this has been mentioned before in the thread...
- What is the end date for the iZotope MPS 2.1 $149 upgrade from any Advanced product?
- What reseller has the best price?

User avatar
frackermak
KVRist
77 posts since 22 Nov, 2018 from UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:30 am

pekadan wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:18 am
Sorry if this has been mentioned before in the thread...
- What is the end date for the iZotope MPS 2.1 $149 upgrade from any Advanced product?
- What reseller has the best price?
I was told August 29th.
$126.65 in cart price at JRRshop.com (not sure if this is the cheapest?)

Still on the fence with this one. I have Ozone and would like Neutron.
Not sure I'll use the rest of it. Already have Melodyne assistant. :ud:

Tomgu
KVRist
201 posts since 8 Sep, 2014

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:31 am

Do any vendors have the Elevate bundle crossgrade from Anthology XI?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”