Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

:clap: :clap: :clap:

antic604 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:56 am Reason's rack as VST/AU, new rack devices, workflow improvements!!! :o
This... Been waiting for it since 2003. (2007 example)

Thanks. This Reason I will update to.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Reason FAQ:
No, ReWire has been discontinued in Reason 11
And no plans for AAX, yet at least. So Reason 11 will be incompatible with Pro Tools :(
No point in updating then.

ReWire will now become totally obsolete anyway.

Regarding Pro Tools: Ok. But, how many people actually use Reason within Pro Tools? I'd guess, not many.
Last edited by chk071 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

kae wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:23 am Reason FAQ:
And no plans for AAX, yet at least. So Reason 11 will be incompatible with Pro Tools :(
Why not blame Pro Tools for not supporting VST... it´s the only DAW on this planet not supporting it...

Hehe, yeah. Another reason why i really can't imagine that many people use Reason within Pro Tools. Rather appears to me that they most work with audio tracks in it.

Trancit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:28 am
Why not blame Pro Tools for not supporting VST... it´s the only DAW on this planet not supporting it...
Logic doesn't support VST

AU is coming before the end of the year and we're looking at AAX but I can't say exactly when/if. :party:

pdxindy wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:29 am Logic doesn't support VST
Ok, I forgot about it... Logic died for me as it moved Mac only...

Anosou wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:30 am
AU is coming before the end of the year and we're looking at AAX but I can't say exactly when/if. :party:
I can live with when ;)

So its my understanding that Reason license holders who upgrade, but don't choose "Suite", just don't get the additional 16 RE items, but would still have everything they've had before including any of the RE's that have been purchased.

Correct?
Have you tried Vital?

Anosou wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:30 am
Btw. has it been tested with chainers like Bluecat Patchwork?

Psuper wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:34 am So its my understanding that Reason license holders who upgrade, but don't choose "Suite", just don't get the additional 16 RE items, but would still have everything they've had before including any of the RE's that have been purchased.

Correct?
Correct! All REs are fully compatible with Reason Rack Plugin, so if you own them they'll work.
kae wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:35 amBtw. has it been tested with chainers like Bluecat Patchwork?
Not by us, no. Our focus is the main DAWs with native support, but since the public beta is starting now I'm sure it will be tested by users.

Anosou, how you can keep ignoring that high resolution graphis on every year and every release? As far as I know, the GUI is drawn by CPU, which makes it slow and laggy. Come and, add scaleable gui with GPU render, it's really time for that. It has been years already.

keel wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:36 am Still no high resolution graphics? :D
They should include a magnifying glass with the purchase :P
Oh well, at least Reason as a VST is finally possible. I might give Reason 12 a try if they redo the graphics in high resolution.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”