Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fractalism for Output Portal Portal

And how does it compare to SpaceCraft?

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:19 am And how does it compare to SpaceCraft?
Can't compare. SpaceCraftFX is purely a granulator, while Portal is a multi-effect plugin based and sitting on granular synthesis, but combining reverb, phaser, chorus, distortion, bit reducer and compression in its processing. Extremely different.

outputsounds wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:49 pm Hey everyone, we are not offering a demo for Portal but it is part of our 14-day return policy. If you are unhappy for any reason after installing, registering and using the product, we will issue a full refund within 14 days of your purchase.
hmm..that's neat. Different, but neat. Demo would be better though :clown:

pinki wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:56 am Honeymoon over- how are you still enjoying Portal? 👍👎
:tu: for me!

It has its own take and sound on granular processing. The fact is combines alot of effects all in once is also pretty neat. Could be a BYOME contender maybe. But its biggest strength is of course that amazing XY control sphere, where you can assigne ANY parameters and madly morph everything. Very expensive toy though, that my only complaint. I'm sure they'll lose some sells at the price.

I've created some pretty neat and interesting unique sonic textures with Portal. Quite abstract and sound-designed oriented stuff though so no need to tell me 'Ok but hey, they're not muscical!'... I know! :P

(I won't spam the thread with links here, not my style but you can have a listen to my latest album on Bandcamp -Neon Room- in which Portal has been used to create all sort of fragmented crunchy & glassy textures if you'd like to hear it in action :)

exmatproton wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:53 pm
outputsounds wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:49 pm Hey everyone, we are not offering a demo for Portal but it is part of our 14-day return policy. If you are unhappy for any reason after installing, registering and using the product, we will issue a full refund within 14 days of your purchase.
hmm..that's neat. Different, but neat. Demo would be better though :clown:
Probably done in hopes that people will forget about the 14day trial period. Hurts sales more than helps. Watched a couple vids on this plugin on youtube and was absolutely stoked to demo it. Then I found out it had no demo. Bummer :? . On the bright side, came across a simple free granular fx via my subscription to Computer Magazine. Just wanted to check how the CPU hit would be and was probably going to buy Output if didn't tax my computer that much. All I wanted was a short demo! :x :lol:

It's currently discounted by 25%... :tu:

Even more at Musician’s Friend.

So what's everyone thinking of this now that it's been out for a while? I never found a VST granular effect I liked, could this be the one? There's no demo and I would rather not go through the purchase / return hassle.

I bought it--but Musician's Friend has me waiting for the license. Hmmmm.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

ilmai wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:40 am So what's everyone thinking of this now that it's been out for a while? I never found a VST granular effect I liked, could this be the one? There's no demo and I would rather not go through the purchase / return hassle.
Difficult to say, some like it (I'm on that side) some dislike it. But keep in mind in much more than just a granular effect, it'a multi-effect plugin built on granular synthesis but it has much, much more into it. I'd compare it to BYOME or Molekular maybe. The X-Y sphere to transform & morph any parameters is unique and pretty amazing I think, opening vast possibilities in term of real time sound transformation in just a click. Very expensive toy though, unless you can find it discounted.
Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:24 pm I bought it--but Musician's Friend has me waiting for the license. Hmmmm.
Nice! :tu: Keep us posted on how you like it.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I love it. Some of these keyboard presets (like “Flutter Clouds” IIRC) work wonders on a simple B3 Hammond sound.

Mf page is not existent anymore for portal :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:57 pm Mf page is not existent anymore for portal :(
PM’ed

:phones: :D
Last edited by Caine123 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Effects”