Tracktion Download Manager (Beta)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, you might have noticed in your downloads area on tracktion.com that we've released a beta of our new "Tracktion Download Manager".

This will now handle downloads for you, let you know when there are updates and automatically install downloads to default locations (Mac & Windows only for now).

This can greatly improve the update experience, especially if you've got a lot of Tracktion products.

Check it out and let us know what you think!
Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 16.54.50.png
Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 16.55.11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great, so far. Good idea. But unfortunately my Waveform 10 license (stable and/or beta) as well as my Waverazor 2 license was not offered as Download inside the manager plugin.

I am on MacOS.

Hi there, do any items appear in the list? Is it just those two that aren't there?

forget this.
edit:
(I meant my own posting I wrote here and I have deleted :) )
Last edited by midklang on Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not quite sure I understand...

Is this replacing the current download section in the daw options?

We're still deciding the best way to proceed with this but at the moment things will stay the same if you don't install the download manager.

If you do install the download manager, the Waveform downloads list will still populate and you'll get notified when there are updates, but clicking the "Download" button for an item will launch the download manager and start it downloading (and installing when completed if you've enabled that).

dRowAudio wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:11 pm Hi there, do any items appear in the list? Is it just those two that aren't there?
Yes, just the two. All the other licenses are shown.

Ok, thanks. I'll pass this on to our web admin to check why this might be.
Thanks for reporting.

>>install downloads to default locations (Mac & Windows only for now).

IMO, it will be hard to make it work flawlessly in Linux.

PS, I mean installing waveform*.deb, not plugins/data in user's dir

Yeah, that's why I've left if for now. There doesn't seem to be a canonical way to do things in Linux so anything we do will probably be wrong for the majority of users. Linux users can still take advantage of the update notifications and downloading features though.

mfkne wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:55 am
dRowAudio wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:11 pm Hi there, do any items appear in the list? Is it just those two that aren't there?
Yes, just the two. All the other licenses are shown.
Can I double check that these two products aren't appearing in any list? Have you tried switching to the "Installed products" on the left hand side?

If they're not under any the lists, can you email support@tracktion.com with your registered tracktion.com email so Brian can take a look at your specific account?

Not functional for me under Windows 10.

Within Waveform 10, it tells me there's nothing to update, and to go to tracktion.com to reinstall.

Having done that, I get...

"Unable to Find Downloads

There was a problem finding available downloads. Please check your username, password and internet connection and try again."

It's in a loop, no matter how many times I try.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Everything seems right, except for one little detail: It lists Waveform 9 under Installed Products, when in fact Waveform 10 is installed. Waveform 10 isn't listed anywhere.

For me the installer (Mac) goes from "Validating packages" to "The installation failed".

The download manager application does show up in /Applications, however, and when I run it I get a window listing my "Installed Products" as including Waveform 8 and Waveform 9 - however, I too have Waveform 10 installed, and I removed Waveform 8 and 9 from the system a while back as I was running out of space and didn't see a need to keep all of the various versions installed.

Note that Waveform is not listed under Available Downloads within Waveform either, so I suspect this is an installation issue on my system.

Return to “Tracktion”