Native Instruments Layoffs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stefken wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:59 pm They are objective for people with ui knowledge.
Bzzzt. If they're supposedly 'objective' just for a specific group, then they're not objective at all.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:50 pm
Stefken wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:24 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 am Some prefer to complain.
Every criticsm holds an opportunity to better your product.
Valid criticisms, yes. Whiny self-entitlement not so much.
This. There is a substantial difference between "Massive X is bad because it has no manual and envelopes are not animated" and "Massive X is bad because engineers betrayed me and NI makes me cry".
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

recursive one wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:05 am
Also Sami Rabia and some others have already released some stuff for MX, so no matter the flaws and "disrespect", pro sound designers somehow manage to work with MX.
Pro designers see an opportunity to fill a gap Native Instruments generally filled by themselves.
The "disrespect" is mostly concerning how a well established company like NI delivered an undoubtedly rushed product to respect their own deadline. In other industries people would demolish developers for delivering an incomplete product and asking money for it, why is it so unreasonable for some to respect unsatisfied customers' opinion without calling them names?
They didn't even include a standalone version nor a proper manual, and starting from scratch there is no way to activate the C0 octave to play even if performer tabs are disabled (for sure there is no way to find out without a manual which, again, wasn't included).
The fact some people will settle for mediocrity, and give what I think is the wrong kind of support to developers (that wouldn't have any incentive to fix issues if it was for those patting on their back) doesn't mean everyone has to behave the same way: I want to get my money's worth, so if something about the product doesn't uphold the standard the company always had I'm going to express my opinion about it. If others are triggered by different opinions I really couldn't care less.

tapekiller wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:45 pm What's even more pretentious is assuming that someone that express an opinion about glaring issues automatically means that anyone who doesn't agree with what has just been said is stupid or incompetent. You take things too literally and make assumptions. Relax.
Dude, I don't think you should be that condescending with anyone. Be careful with YOUR own words.

tapekiller wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:11 pm
recursive one wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:05 am
Also Sami Rabia and some others have already released some stuff for MX, so no matter the flaws and "disrespect", pro sound designers somehow manage to work with MX.
Pro designers see an opportunity to fill a gap Native Instruments generally filled by themselves.
The "disrespect" is mostly concerning how a well established company like NI delivered an undoubtedly rushed product to respect their own deadline. In other industries people would demolish developers for delivering an incomplete product and asking money for it, why is it so unreasonable for some to respect unsatisfied customers' opinion without calling them names?
They didn't even include a standalone version nor a proper manual, and starting from scratch there is no way to activate the C0 octave to play even if performer tabs are disabled (for sure there is no way to find out without a manual which, again, wasn't included).
The fact some people will settle for mediocrity, and give what I think is the wrong kind of support to developers (that wouldn't have any incentive to fix issues if it was for those patting on their back) doesn't mean everyone has to behave the same way: I want to get my money's worth, so if something about the product doesn't uphold the standard the company always had I'm going to express my opinion about it. If others are triggered by different opinions I really couldn't care less.
cared enough to type all that :P

Coming in Massive X 1.1

Animations for Envelopes
Dark & light mode
Several bug fixes

Hooray or booh? :P

I like that dark one, even though it still feels crowded.

tapekiller wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:11 pm and starting from scratch there is no way to activate the C0 octave to play even if performer tabs are disabled (for sure there is no way to find out without a manual which, again, wasn't included).
God damn! Now I feel like a genius because I figured it out without a manual.
So what's that MENSA phone number where I can register as a new member? :D

sinemotor wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 pm Animations for Envelopes
Fake news, I guess. Why would they ruin their own evil plan? :borg:

Btw, just in case, this page is also fake because Massive X has no manual
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... x/manuals/
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Stefken wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:59 pm +1
They are objective for people with ui knowledge.

And saying that it can't be bad because of who made it, is like saying that U2 can't make a bad record. We all know how that went.
Yep. But hey NI is so awesome, they can't make bad stuff, I'm only a hater and a crybaby who can't play with broken toys, therefore all I can do is whining and assuming that people who know how to do their job can see issues.

Jokes aside, it wouldn't be hard for a mechanical engineer to see a design flaw in a car even if it can still go from A to B without particular issues. This is what's happening here, just because something "just works" it doesn't mean that some stuff can't be fixed or improved. Apparently some people are ok with that lfo switch knob atrocity. That knob alone takes more space than the whole utility or FX sections. It's hilarious.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:24 am
the disrespect NI has shown to its own customers
those who have always swore by NI products, now see their trust betrayed
Please, stop that drama. This is just a plugin. There's no "betrayal" in engineering. No one has died. If you believed in something and was disappointed, it's just your own problem of failed expectations.

Just don't take technical issues personally, it is pointless.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Very well said, taking it personally leads to many of the problems here
digitalboytn wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:28 am
DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:24 am Please, stop that drama.
:lol:

What channel are you on ?

This is KVR :wink:
and this is not helpful at all, for the record there are mods here working very hard for free to try and keep this place going and civil. Why not support the effort instead of shooting down KvR with an off topic post like this?

You are far from the only one, it's very common but face it...it's just more of the same and perpetuating that which you are denouncing.
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:12 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:28 am
DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:24 am Please, stop that drama.
:lol:

What channel are you on ?

This is KVR :wink:
This was suppose to be what KVR isnt, but now its "what kvr has become"

https://www.kvraudio.com/aboutkvr.php

But of course, you need the volition to listen instead of dismissing every argument with a fallacy.
chk071 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:33 pm

But of course, you need the volition to listen instead of dismissing every argument with a fallacy.
Well, there's criticism and criticism. Or rather, constructive criticism, which leads to the improvement of the product, or saying that the product is a insult, that you feel disrepected, and that it is betrayal to the customer. See the difference?

Not that this hasn't been discussed to death by now.
yes, yes it has and my few quotes are to demonstrate the issue...one member complains about KvR yet that same member admits to doing the same things and continuing it here. Quite quickly the members quickly move in on this and start the derailment and again that derailment is Massive X

This is not a massive x thread, f**king period...the same group of members who want to constantly hate on massive x and absolutely refuse to honor my redirections of any kind are the problem, NOT KVR...get that through your head.

We will have a massive x thread when those members can grow up and shut up. This is not that thread and find little run arounds to avoid Hink and other mods might get you suspended...some of you who keep coming back for more should think twice before derailing another thread.

Such unbelievable disrespect from people...and I'm not locking this yet...if you manage to get it locked dont be surprised if there are more consequences. This thread right now is far more about the disrespect shown by members, not KvR being disrespectful, not NI being disrespectful but the people who think this is a game.

Stop and stop now, it's not a game,...grow up.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

tapekiller wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:34 pm I'm only a hater and a crybaby who can't play with broken toys, therefore all I can do is whining
I'm sorry but it does look like that :shrug:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

but this thread is not about tapekiller, can you read?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:56 pm so,we are talking roughly 30 coders?
not really much worth worrying about.

Hink wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:35 pm We will have a massive x thread when those members can grow up and shut up
Is it ok for one of us to make a thread so we can discuss it, or is the topic banned?

Return to “Instruments”