Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m happy with the sales from it so far, it’s enough to fund the development
:tu: Then evrything is fine for me :-).

Agree to most of your thinking and thanks for explanation. Maybe really a good idea to make the next groupbuy a little more "focussed" (however that might look in detail then).

And agree totally that the bonus products in a way are kind of devaluating the original products in a way. Maybe with the 32 bit VST that was comprehensible in the way that they are not technical standard anymore and you have no plans for upgrading. But the "All samples" collcetion for example with dozens of kontakt instruments....yes, agree, thats really not what it deserves.

I think a problem with the groupbuys is that on one hand it is absolutely crazy how up and down the sales go (so you have to do something while its running to keep it running) and on the other hand so far it was absolutely unclear what might come out in the end which IS the charm of it on one hand, on the other....

Well this year, I’m thinking of putting the GB price up to $24.99 which means the total needed will not be so high to reach. I’d rather not get into the territory last year with so many external products which wiped me out mentally for a few months afterwards. Last year I started with a lot of debt due to buying the Guitars/Basses so the slow start put me in a predicament :) that taught me to never assume ANYTHING. I should be good this year seeing as these upgrades have brought some cash flow in.

At the end of last years Group Buy I invested in some new music gear for sound design which I’m looking forward to exploiting for this year, so there’s no need to buy anything this time.

As product ideas, it’s time to explore Euclidean rhythms I think in at least Midi form and possibly a Euclidean drum machine too (using the Elektron Digitone to create some FM drum sounds and FX that I talked about last year). I’d also be interested in making a sound based Euclidean instrument so that it can target different sounds per Sequencer in the way that Succession does.

I also definitely want to make some Wavetables and make some Kontakt 6 instruments based around the new wavetable oscillator. I haven’t even looked at it yet, but find that pretty exciting. It could be interesting to adapt some of my older instruments to wavetables too such as Motion for example. Another Midi Instrument that will definitely be on the list is the Midi Effect that I thought about last year, kind of Midi Looper ish but to be used for processing Midi throughput.

So there are lots of ideas in there so far and pretty diverse in nature. I think focusing on Guitars/Bass last year put a lot of people off and was the reason for the slow start, so I’d like to try and make it have broader appeal this year I think. Euclidean Has been requested a lot over the years.

Of course as ever I’m open to any ideas as well :)

Hey... I just picked up the updates, I think it is very convenient to have it all one place, I was always breaking the combined versions before (and the cassetto bootlegs are great! i have cassetto itself, which i love, but none of the bootlegs).
A couple notes:
- Multiverse Collection includes Kosmology Dominate, but not MV Dominate. It's also missing from the legacy instruments, but it IS in my old Multiverse Dominate folder - can that be added back?
- Cassetto presets aren't include in multiverse Collection (under Cassetto - Data), only the scales. But if I copy them from my old cassetto folder, they work fine. They ARE in the kosmology collection though.

thanks, have been enjoying playing with these again, and I think it's easier to find new things with the new organization (there is a lot in there - with the architecture of it, after playing with the 1080 on roland cloud, it kind of reminds me of that, but different).

You left Organic Chaos at Transpose-12, which had me wondering: is there a reason presets do not save this setting? Filters seem to be working faster and are excellent, of course :)

NB: I'm pretty sure I received most of my Kosmology/Multiverse libraries from Group Buy bonuses (Cassetto to Circular), I agree with PajKVR and have put you at the top of my 'Donations list': as with Airwindows, if I use regularly, I think I should pay something, especially if compared with a 'similar (if there is such a thing) pricey product. :borg:

chroma wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:53 pm Hey... I just picked up the updates, I think it is very convenient to have it all one place, I was always breaking the combined versions before (and the cassetto bootlegs are great! i have cassetto itself, which i love, but none of the bootlegs).
A couple notes:
- Multiverse Collection includes Kosmology Dominate, but not MV Dominate. It's also missing from the legacy instruments, but it IS in my old Multiverse Dominate folder - can that be added back?
- Cassetto presets aren't include in multiverse Collection (under Cassetto - Data), only the scales. But if I copy them from my old cassetto folder, they work fine. They ARE in the kosmology collection though.

thanks, have been enjoying playing with these again, and I think it's easier to find new things with the new organization (there is a lot in there - with the architecture of it, after playing with the 1080 on roland cloud, it kind of reminds me of that, but different).
Thanks :) Dominate should be in there, I’ll Rectify that along with the missing Cassetto presets thanks for letting me know. Building the MV collection was a seriously complex and brain tangling task, there are probably a few other mistakes that have crept in so please let me know of any you find :) I’m just getting started on Cassetto and so will hopefully be finished by the end of the week. I want to change the structure a bit so it uses the same data folder as the rest and organised a bit better at the same time.

Paul Corello wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:59 pm You left Organic Chaos at Transpose-12, which had me wondering: is there a reason presets do not save this setting? Filters seem to be working faster and are excellent, of course :)

NB: I'm pretty sure I received most of my Kosmology/Multiverse libraries from Group Buy bonuses (Cassetto to Circular), I agree with PajKVR and have put you at the top of my 'Donations list': as with Airwindows, if I use regularly, I think I should pay something, especially if compared with a 'similar (if there is such a thing) pricey product. :borg:
Thanks Paul :)

Yes the Transpose was intentionally left out of the presets and considered a global control so it is saved with the project. The reason is down to the different samples and the Octave they were originally sampled at. Some collections are predominantly lower or higher depending on the sources used, so I kind of picked a setting for each instrument based on that. You can easily change it yourself by re-saving the instrument, but make sure ‘preset only’ is selected in the save dialog to stop it from re-saving/duplicating the samples to a different location.

Cheers Andy,

Next question is regarding Instances: In K6 Kosmology, 'Save Default Preset' and 'Load Default Preset' do not seem to do anything? Addendum: 'kosmologyDefault.nka' date is changed, but 'Load Default Preset' does not alter the current setting? I have saved my own 'defaults' and they work fine.

btw: Organic Chaos sounds great at 0 or down an octave!

I’ll look into Load, it’s the ‘D’ button that loads the Default preset, the load is just for browsing presets. I’ll check save Default, but I’m 99% sure that is working as I used it to create the Default Presets for K6, it just saves the current state to a default file in the data folder shared by all Multiverses or Kosmologies. If you want to make a specific default for a single collection at the moment you would need to save it in the presets folder and use that instead of ‘D’

The only defining difference between them all is the different samples, I could make a way of defining the 2 Default waveform controls within the instrument itself if you think it’s necessary?

Astralp wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:12 pm I’ll look into Load, it’s the ‘D’ button that loads the Default preset, the load is just for browsing presets. I’ll check save Default, but I’m 99% sure that is working as I used it to create the Default Presets for K6, it just saves the current state to a default file in the data folder shared by all Multiverses or Kosmologies. If you want to make a specific default for a single collection at the moment you would need to save it in the presets folder and use that instead of ‘D’

The only defining difference between them all is the different samples, I could make a way of defining the 2 Default waveform controls within the instrument itself if you think it’s necessary?
Oops not specific enough: Its the 'Sequences' I was referring to; when 'Save Default Preset' is clicked the 'kosmologyDefault.nka' is changed ( can tell by date), but when 'Load Default Preset' is clicked it does not alter the Sequence/s?
I have saved my own sequence 'defaults and presets in a new folder in the Data section, which works fine :ud:

Astralp wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:23 pm Well this year, I’m thinking of …
Well, THAT was an exciting read; I'm totally behind everything you mentioned, esp. anything MIDI related, and even more esp. anything that manipulates, limits, extrapolates upon, and reconfigures existing MIDI in fresh ways. GO! GO! GO:)

Paul Corello wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:32 pm
Astralp wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:12 pm I’ll look into Load, it’s the ‘D’ button that loads the Default preset, the load is just for browsing presets. I’ll check save Default, but I’m 99% sure that is working as I used it to create the Default Presets for K6, it just saves the current state to a default file in the data folder shared by all Multiverses or Kosmologies. If you want to make a specific default for a single collection at the moment you would need to save it in the presets folder and use that instead of ‘D’

Oops not specific enough: Its the 'Sequences' I was referring to; when 'Save Default Preset' is clicked the 'kosmologyDefault.nka' is changed ( can tell by date), but when 'Load Default Preset' is clicked it does not alter the Sequence/s?
I have saved my own sequence 'defaults and presets in a new folder in the Data section, which works fine :ud:
Ahhh ok, I’ll look into it this week :)

David wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:41 pm
Well, THAT was an exciting read; I'm totally behind everything you mentioned, esp. anything MIDI related, and even more esp. anything that manipulates, limits, extrapolates upon, and reconfigures existing MIDI in fresh ways. GO! GO! GO:)
Thanks David!

David wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:41 pm
MIDI! MIDI! MIDI!
GO! GO! GO!
Anything MIDI will do!
Love chord progression, keyboard controller and midi fx
The developers of iPad midi apps are very creative.
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1325& ... YIQ4dUDCAs

The new Cassetto Script is ready, Kosmology Collection, Multiverse Collection, Cassetto and AirTones are all updated. There are still a few quirks here and there, I'll be spending this next week refining the scripts and writing the manuals etc... I've been full on with Cassetto all week and so haven't looked at the Kosmology load problem yet, BUT I have managed to add the missing Multiverse Dominate files :)

https://youtu.be/hg07QOeS6w8

https://youtu.be/N-eeLdAIlCI

https://youtu.be/gyUXZ0zFp9A

Astralp wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:23 pm As product ideas, it’s time to explore Euclidean rhythms I think in at least Midi form and possibly a Euclidean drum machine too
That makes me happy!!!

Aside, how are your Java skills? I've been playing with Cherry Audio's Voltage modualar system recently and thought, what it needs is some more randomising sequencing type modules, like HgSounds Kontakt stuff... Just a thought....

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”