Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:57 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:35 pm Any "must haves" in the IK Multimedia group buy at $99 or under?
Probably the tape machines if they are included.
But keep in mind the tapes are very heavy on the CPU.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:57 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:35 pm Any "must haves" in the IK Multimedia group buy at $99 or under?
Probably the tape machines if they are included.
Thanks, they are.
ralfrobert wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:59 pm But keep in mind the tapes are very heavy on the CPU.
Okay, good to know. There are 4, so maybe I will try 2? I have Kramer and the Abbey Road one already from Waves. May check to see if these are different

dzilizzi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:07 pm Okay, good to know. There are 4, so maybe I will try 2? I have Kramer and the Abbey Road one already from Waves. May check to see if these are different
They sound great by the way. Just make sure you have enough power under the hood.

Get them all, dzi.
But also look at the Precision Comp, Bus Comp and Vintage Tubes.

The majority of the AmpliTube packages are $99 as well. If you don't want more amps and cabs, then the Jimi Hendrix, Dimebag Darrell, and Fulltone collections still might be useful for the included effects and stomps. Fulltone in particular has an interesting alternate tape echo and a retro chorus.

The Mic Room might be more interesting than it first appears - it can be used for some subtle but slightly weird manipulations. I recall reading an article about using it for fake double-tracking by creating a copy of a track that sounded like it was recorded through a different signal chain.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

I like the reverbs. Plate is underestimated in my opinion.

Any love for the Inverse reverb?

Ceej wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:04 pm The majority of the AmpliTube packages are $99 as well. If you don't want more amps and cabs, then the Jimi Hendrix, Dimebag Darrell, and Fulltone collections still might be useful for the included effects and stomps. Fulltone in particular has an interesting alternate tape echo and a retro chorus.

The Mic Room might be more interesting than it first appears - it can be used for some subtle but slightly weird manipulations. I recall reading an article about using it for fake double-tracking by creating a copy of a track that sounded like it was recorded through a different signal chain.
$99 also includes Amplitube Slash and Amplitube Metal with more effects/stomp boxes.

Review from about ten years ago said the Hendrix presets don't really sound like the corresponding Hendrix tracks because of the lack of studio effects, particularly tape delay... would expect that to still be true, even though they've updated it significantly.

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:32 pm
Review from about ten years ago said the Hendrix presets don't really sound like the corresponding Hendrix tracks because of the lack of studio effects, particularly tape delay... would expect that to still be true, even though they've updated it significantly.
The Jimi Hendrix Anniversary Collection includes an Echoplex Tape delay.

Thanks everyone. I have the mic room and I think most all of the reverbs. I did the $79 level last year and had bough mic room and something else, so I pretty much have all of the $79 and under ones.

If we get to 10, I will have 2 more, which makes this more fun. I was thinking about doing one amp to go with the other stuff. So maybe 2 tapes and maybe the Fulltone Collection? I don't know. I got the Fender 1 collection to get into the buy.

I have to say, I really don't use the IK stuff much other than Amplitude sometimes. I have way too much stuff, they get lost.

dzilizzi wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:22 pm If we get to 10, I will have 2 more, which makes this more fun. I was thinking about doing one amp to go with the other stuff. So maybe 2 tapes and maybe the Fulltone Collection? I don't know. I got the Fender 1 collection to get into the buy.

I have to say, I really don't use the IK stuff much other than Amplitude sometimes. I have way too much stuff, they get lost.
The IKM tapes sound great and I can also recommend the Fulltone Collection. The TERC is the only chorus I've got that incorporates 3 intensity settings (Left-Center-Right) and Fulltone's modern take on the echoplex was another pleasant surprise. They're a great addition to the Amplitube effect section.

Fleer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:59 pm Get them all, dzi.
But also look at the Precision Comp, Bus Comp and Vintage Tubes.
Precision Comp and Bus Comp are $125 tier. dzi was asking about $99. Vintage Tube Compressor/Limiter is $99 tier though:

"The 'divine ratio' compressor limiter
This module is based on the 'Holy Grail' of compressor/limiters, the Fairchild™ 670.

This Vari-MU type compressor/limiter delivers an incredible magic touch that makes everything that passes through it shine and sound more musical and emotional, thanks to its tube signal path and gain reduction mode. It was meticulously analyzed for months over every single detail, unveiling all of it's secrets."

All of it is secrets?... hard not to lol at the hyperbole.

Word.
Another interesting one for $99 is the EQP-1A Vintage Tube Program Equalizer.

H-Pi Instruments has teamed up with mitxela (the genius behind the world's smallest MIDI synthesizer) to bring you FLASH, the world's first and only very-tiny MIDI-powered polyphonic microtonal FM synthesizer. Two years in development, this little 16-voice wonder fits in your pocket and doesn't require a power supply. Just plug it into a standard MIDI OUT port*, plug in your headphones, and away you go!

Ultra Early Bird Discount
PRE-ORDER:
99 99 €

https://hpi.zentral.zone/flash

sqigls wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:41 am H-Pi Instruments has teamed up with mitxela (the genius behind the world's smallest MIDI synthesizer) to bring you FLASH, the world's first and only very-tiny MIDI-powered polyphonic microtonal FM synthesizer. Two years in development, this little 16-voice wonder fits in your pocket and doesn't require a power supply. Just plug it into a standard MIDI OUT port*, plug in your headphones, and away you go!

Ultra Early Bird Discount
PRE-ORDER:
99 99 €

https://hpi.zentral.zone/flash
I don't think I have anything midi anymore. They are all USB now.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”