How Many Times ? [retro EDM] ... feedback welcome ...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back to the Retro genre for me for this track.
As always, feedback always welcome on arrangement, mixing etc.
https://soundcloud.com/bansaw-843690132/how-many-times

Don't you wish you could hop in a time machine, go back to the 80s and have a career? Well done, as usual.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:10 pm Don't you wish you could hop in a time machine, go back to the 80s and have a career? Well done, as usual.
Thanks. Yes, a time machine would be handy for a few reasons. I don't know if I would have made it as a producer though, since in this era I have access to a huge knowledgebase online thats really helped me, plus access to great sounding gear and plugins that have made a big difference to my sound. And I've still a long way to go.

Little trip back in time isn't so bad now and then. I enjoyed listening to this. I especially liked the bassline and vocals. Nicely done.

Simple and appealing synthpop. Generally good although I thought from 1:04-1:33 the backing track's energy dropped and the vocals didn't work as well.

Nice tune! Songwriting, guitars and vocal delivery remind me of the Jesus and Mary Chain. Retro influenced, but it definitely feels contemporary to me.

Frantz wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:27 am Simple and appealing synthpop. Generally good although I thought from 1:04-1:33 the backing track's energy dropped and the vocals didn't work as well.
Thanks. I put the chorus first, and that time period was the verse. I wanted to bring the energy down for the verse. I've noted your feedback though, thanks for the input.

@Noel... thanks,thats a band that passed me by. I looked them up on YT. Pretty good. I was more familiar with The Cure.

@ecamburn.., thanks for the nice feedback :tu:

Incredible Van Halen synths, and vocals like in British pop music of the late eighties. Very well done :) I liked it.

A good mix and a taste of the eighties classics. A good production with a good singer. Are you the one who sings?, If so, congratulations, If not, a great performer likewise.

Incredible Van Halen synths, and vocals like in British pop music of the late eighties. Very well done :) I liked it.
Thanks @htcnext2, appreciate it.
mcanicos wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:55 pm A good mix and a taste of the eighties classics. A good production with a good singer. Are you the one who sings?, If so, congratulations, If not, a great performer likewise.
thanks... I am the one singing, although my goal is to find a better singer in the future. It takes me a while to get the vocals to sound OK. I must credit Nectar 3 with helping me a lot.
Actually its writing lyrics that slows me down. I've got a song that should be completed now but the lyrics are just not coming easily. Plus I have to find the right key for my voice.

[/quote]
thanks... I am the one singing, although my goal is to find a better singer in the future.
[/quote]

You can find ,but you're a great performer anyway.Gretings!

wow o_O
that's awesome

That was indeed very retro. While the vocals sound good they don't seem to sit in the mix super well. They might be a little too dry for starters? I wish I knew more about actually recording vocals because there is room for improvement but I just don't know how. I am going on because I really like the song a lot but can see it being a bit better as well.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:34 am That was indeed very retro. While the vocals sound good they don't seem to sit in the mix super well. They might be a little too dry for starters? I wish I knew more about actually recording vocals because there is room for improvement but I just don't know how. I am going on because I really like the song a lot but can see it being a bit better as well.
This is one of my old songs, it seems to have been resurrected on the forum!
Listening to it again, I would definitely do a few things differently. One of things would be vocals (!), and perhaps making the chorus a little different to make it stand out more.
Last edited by Bansaw on Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iuliankai wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:34 pm wow o_O
that's awesome
Thanks for the listen, and comment, pleased you liked it : )

Return to “Music Cafe”