Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:12 pmGo to the Byome thread in the Effects forum and download the latest beta. It's very stable and fixes lots of issues.
So why isn't it just released via official channels? I can't be expected to search forum posts to find a version of plugin THAT I PAID FOR that works... :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:58 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:12 pmGo to the Byome thread in the Effects forum and download the latest beta. It's very stable and fixes lots of issues.
So why isn't it just released via official channels? I can't be expected to search forum posts to find a version of plugin THAT I PAID FOR that works... :dog:
Hey, I don't think Michael/UA are the problem and you're not going to get me to defend Plugin Alliance.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:12 pm
steff3 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:59 pm “Also hoping for a no brainer loyalty discount, I own all UA products accept Zip”

Loyalty? Discount? Byome owners should get it for free + a functional version of Byome ....
Go to the Byome thread in the Effects forum and download the latest beta. It's very stable and fixes lots of issues.
I will not search for that ... PA (with whom they work together) sends hundreds of emails per week ... if they (or UA) want to provide me with a working plugin .... they can tell me ....
maybe they (UA) should post less and communicate better ...

If their customers are not valuable enough to get them working software .... well .... I waited now for .... how long? To leave software close to unusable for a year is not unfiltered - it is unprofessional ....

And no, no other plugin by PA is as buggy ....

SGTVW wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:52 pm
yellowmix wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:41 pm
PieBerger wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:35 pm Also hoping for a no brainer loyalty discount, I own all UA products accept Zip :)
I think the marketing copy on PA does it a disservice.
More like PA does everything UA a disservice.
How so? I've seen that it has all sorts of pseudo sidechain filters based on unusual properties to trigger the gain reduction - that's pretty cool, but aside from that idk why I'd want to modulate a compressor, which as far as i can tell is what distinguishes it from other digital/clean compressors like Pro-C

I've an open mind. Sell me on zip :)

steff3 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:12 pm
steff3 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:59 pm “Also hoping for a no brainer loyalty discount, I own all UA products accept Zip”

Loyalty? Discount? Byome owners should get it for free + a functional version of Byome ....
Go to the Byome thread in the Effects forum and download the latest beta. It's very stable and fixes lots of issues.
I will not search for that ... PA (with whom they work together) sends hundreds of emails per week ... if they (or UA) want to provide me with a working plugin .... they can tell me ....
maybe they (UA) should post less and communicate better ...

If their customers are not valuable enough to get them working software .... well .... I waited now for .... how long? To leave software close to unusable for a year is not unfiltered - it is unprofessional ....

And no, no other plugin by PA is as buggy ....
Ok, then don't have a working plug-in. No skin off my ass.

You clearly have time to post here, so you could be doing yourself a favor by doing the logical thing and locating the beta so you have a working plug-in, but if you'd rather cut off your nose to spite your face, I certainly won't stop you.

Plugin Alliance seems to have their own schedule when it comes to updates and they're not fast about it. Took like a year and a half to fix the metering in the SSL consoles and they didn't even bother to fix the input gain/meter relationship. UA has kindly posted updates to get these out to the customers as soon as possible. Seemingly as an end-around PA's QA/update process. I think it sucks too, but I'm glad there's a way to get the newer versions, so I did and now everything is fine. But again, if you'd rather wait a few more months instead of taking 3 minutes to find the beta, that's your choice at this point.

Also, these won't even be the final versions. Michael wants to add the Wide Mode from Lion and that hasn't even gone to beta on Byome and Triad. So who knows how far away an official update would be?

Razzia wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:54 pm
yellowmix wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:41 pm I think the marketing copy on PA does it a disservice.
How so? I've seen that it has all sorts of pseudo sidechain filters based on unusual properties to trigger the gain reduction - that's pretty cool, but aside from that idk why I'd want to modulate a compressor, which as far as i can tell is what distinguishes it from other digital/clean compressors like Pro-C

I assume this was directed at me.

Like I said, it fixes problems like nothing else. The copy says as much, Brightness/Darkness mode can help with adjusting crest factor in bass heavy tracks; the use cases are described well enough. But then it wraps it in these cringy analogies like it's written by an eight-year old boy saying it's the "Lamborghini" of compressors that leaves other compressors "in the dust".

Look, nothing is the Lamborghini of compressors, these are tools that can do specific jobs with specific workflows perhaps as good as or better than tools meant to do something else. That Zip can address these things when other compressors aren't even trying to shouldn't be an opportunity for PA writers to puff their chests. The technical abilities and use cases speak for themselves.

I'm with FBE on this one. You could argue about what should be until the cows come home, but for now you have to deal with what is and that is UA circumventing PA's slow as hell update channel and supporting it's customer base with beta installers on this here forum. Stop looking for problems and look for solutions instead, it's a much better way to live :wink:

As far loyalty discount goes, I bought BYOME for 74 bucks, after my monthly voucher, due to owning licenses qualifying for discount and I bought TRIAD for 24 bucks after voucher, as an existing BYOME license owner. It's not unreasonable to anticipate qualifying for a discounted price on LION on release.
Always Read the Manual!

yellowmix wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:28 am
yellowmix wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:41 pm I think the marketing copy on PA does it a disservice.

Like I said, it fixes problems like nothing else. The copy says as much, Brightness/Darkness mode can help with adjusting crest factor in bass heavy tracks; the use cases are described well enough. But then it wraps it in these cringy analogies like it's written by an eight-year old boy saying it's the "Lamborghini" of compressors that leaves other compressors "in the dust".

Look, nothing is the Lamborghini of compressors, these are tools that can do specific jobs with specific workflows perhaps as good as or better than tools meant to do something else. That Zip can address these things when other compressors aren't even trying to shouldn't be an opportunity for PA writers to puff their chests. The technical abilities and use cases speak for themselves.
oops. yeah that was meant for you.

lol, fair point about the lamborghini bit. Although now I'm feeling a little inadequate since the vertigo VSC-2 i've been using a lot is only the mercedes of compressors. Maybe I should go and buy a compressor plugin :D

So those alternate compression modes are really useful huh? Good to know. Maybe I'll get around to demoing it after all.

thelizard wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:41 pm Native Instruments blessed our current build for NKS compatibility, so release is very close. Less than two weeks.
Absolute awesome news, congrats! Looking forward to it! ::))

thelizard wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:41 pm Native Instruments blessed our current build for NKS compatibility, so release is very close. Less than two weeks.
So is it getting released this week?

Yep! Within the next seven days.

NI is not the best company these days.... :party:

thelizard wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 pm Yep! Within the next seven days.
:party:
Always Read the Manual!

yellowmix wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:28 am

Like I said, it fixes problems like nothing else...
It's really difficult to sell Zip as a set of bullet points. It's all about how the bits fit together. I mean, I can't tell you why you'd want to modulate Pro-C or pretty much any other compressor because I wouldn't really want to myself, but I can tell you why you'd want to modulate Zip in near countless ways. Its combo of well tuned auto-threshold and auto-makeup make a lot of interesting things possible. Without even engaging the modulation per-se, just those 2 things make Zip able to apply a consistent 'compression character' on inputs of wildly variable RMS, act as a smooth leveler, or both of those things at once. I suppose when you first look at it you might think, with all the modulation, it's only good for outlandish compression FX, but after spending a bit of time with it it quickly becomes a toolbox full of bread and butter compression effects that should exist but don't.

I am modulating pro-c's threshold quite often. Kinda handy if you ask me

Return to “Instruments”