Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

plrdmus wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:57 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:40 pm 1. There is no forced dongle option. Codemeter uses 3 different authorization methods (Vengeance obviously chose 2 of those, online and dongle).
2. Noone is forced to update.

What's with the ill-informed extremism here?
Seems like CodeMeter doesn't work properly on some machines, that's why.
Everything, not only CodeMeter, doesn't work properly on some machines, so what's your point?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:54 pm Everything, not only CodeMeter, doesn't work properly on some machines, so what's your point?
That codemeter is more unstable on the *system*, not only the plugins itself and interferes with other cp schemes like elic or ilok. Just name some...

edit: I can feel for the ones that feel like the big sale was for fishing new customers, just to change the copy protetion scheme (which is a very important criteria for a majority) shortly afterwards. I also think that this decision did not come after the sale as there have been changes in the cp already before. They were aware of the problem and didn't even bother to inform beforehand that the cp might change.
Last edited by DPhil on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Couldn't find this information on VS' site... What's the procedure if one wants to sell his copy of Avenger?

DPhil wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:59 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:54 pm Everything, not only CodeMeter, doesn't work properly on some machines, so what's your point?
That codemeter is more unstable on the *system*, not only the plugins itself and interferes with other cp schemes like elic or ilok. Just name some...

edit: I can feel for the ones that feel like the big sale was for fishing new customers, just to change the copy protetion scheme (which is a very important criteria for a majority) shortly afterwards. I also think that this decision did not come after the sale as there have been changes in the cp already before. They were aware of the problem and didn't even bother to inform beforehand that the cp might change.
I have never had any problems with CodeMeter, but with iLok I had to email all developers to ask them to reset my activations after a Windows 10 update two years ago.

You can't find one simple software that no one have had any trouble with.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Not true. Cracking of all expansions happened after the sale and probably because the sale made the expansions more affordable to crackers.

Hi Avenger Users. Will my machine have to be online all the time or just for activation? Forgive me for the language. Thanks

Ryan99 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Not true. Cracking of all expansions happened after the sale and probably because the sale made the expansions more affordable to crackers.
They've redone the cp for the expansions another time before. So this was not a new issue.

porcaro wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 pm Hi Avenger Users. Will my machine have to be online all the time or just for activation? Forgive me for the language. Thanks
Now it's only for activation.

When the new Codemeter system will be implemented (at version 1.5) nobody knows if you have to be online all the time, not even the people that made Avenger.
More BPM please

I asked for 1.5. I already have Avenger. I also bought extensions (I did not activate because I am waiting for the new ones). My computer is always offline and I don't know where I can buy the hardware dongle codemeter. I have iLok, eLicenser, it seems ok but codemeter? I can't buy it anywhere. It's weird

porcaro wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 pm Hi Avenger Users. Will my machine have to be online all the time or just for activation? Forgive me for the language. Thanks
I was reading about Codemeter online (not Avenger specific) and there it would allow you to use the software for an hour if you lose connection. Not sure if that's configurable by the creator of the protected product. I wish it was like Splice where you can be offline for 3 days after verification.

Looking on Codemeters site and they have quite a few dongles and memory cards. People with laptops, I wonder if the memory card will work, as apposed to having a dongle sticking out (that's if laptops still have memory card readers). One of the dongle complaints I always read (being a Cubase user) is people worrying about losing it. This will be retracted, plug it in the reader slot, leave it there and forget about it.

I might buy the CmStick/IV. It's for internal USB headers.

I'm sure the upgrade and whatever extra sounds it comes with will easily offset any seen costs. People are just crying about going over that hump, for those that stay, it'll soon be all in the past.

Edit: Struggling to find prices!
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

DPhil wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:07 pm
Ryan99 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 pm

They've redone the cp for the expansions another time before. So this was not a new issue.
They have redone the protection in the past and it solved the problem with the expansions. Then a bigger problem happened after the recent sale, so the new solution is a reaction from the cracking happening after the sale.

msvs wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:43 pm
Will we be able to activate 1.4.10
yes of course
Do future XP's need 1.5 to run
yes, expansions released by us prior 1.5. will base on 1.5. (not speaking for 3rd party developers, they can do whatever they want). We will of course use the new features, like Vintage Filters or Guitar Module
Why dont you just use eLicencer which is proven already and instead ask the users to use another dongle? Have you ever thought it might alienate other vengeance plugins users?

I really think its ridiculous to do that.

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 am
yes of course
yes, expansions released by us prior 1.5. will base on 1.5. (not speaking for 3rd party developers, they can do whatever they want). We will of course use the new features, like Vintage Filters or Guitar Module
Why dont you just use eLicencer which is proven already and instead ask the users to use another dongle? Have you ever thought it might alienate other vengeance plugins users?

:clap: :clap: :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 am
yes of course

most of users hate a elicenser dongle, thats why we prefer some internet based dongle like codemeter and ilok

Return to “Instruments”