Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 amWhy dont you just use eLicencer which is proven already and instead ask the users to use another dongle? Have you ever thought it might alienate other vengeance plugins users?

I really think its ridiculous to do that.
I think we’ve been through this 100 times on the thread now. The problem is it would require elicenser to be single use with a physical dongle, since soft elicenser is not considered secure. So that option is far from a silver bullet. Changing CP method is - in theory - free for everyone, while keeping the same 3 machine authorisation limit that we all signed up to.

I recognise that Codemeter has caused issues for some people of course. I asked anyone with historical issues with it if they ever persued it with Codemeter, if it’s known to cause issues with any specific hardware or software, but I got no response.

The change to Codemeter is imperfect, but imo they’ve made the right choice from a set of imperfect options (with the caveat that u-he’s system sounded like a possibly better one, but there might well be reasons why it couldn’t be used in this case).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I hope hope hope and again hope that Vengeance will also edit the FX PLUGINS and change to Codemeter!
I even wish ReFX would change to Codemeter or Ilok Software Manager! :)

That USB Dongle crap should finally get a law which force companies to provide a dongle with their software when they tie it to it. And if the dongle crash or get lost they have to transfer the license again. I have heard lot from people that most companies doesn't give you back the license which is a shame to all the honest users who PAYED them and still willing to pay!

For a good customer serivce and an open ear i would also pay for each major update. It is still work on those plugins and work needs to get paid. But bugs needs also to been fixed quickly.

Thats the reason why Codemeter is the best choise. :tu:
Even ilok Software Manager would have been a good choise.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

This doesn't seem cool to me. 1. eLicenser or iLok can be bought in every store, just like milk or bread. I see their prices, delivery and I can choose it as I think it is profitable. CMStick - CMDonge - hardware key - show me the stores where you can buy it, see prices, etc. etc. Maybe on Mars or another planet? I also use their Multiband Sidechain, which needs eLicenser and then is it good?

2. Another unpleasant thing: "Someone" here on KVR said: if you buy XPs you will be able to choose them whenever you like, even XPs that will be created in the future. I bought it at a discount ....... But does it seem real now? I don't want to be online, I don't know how to get the CM dongle and at what price ..... So, I won't run future, upcoming XPs, because no one "compels" me to use 1.5. I didn't need to buy expansions?

Instead of enjoying the update, new xps, new functions and improvement of malfunctions, we are worried about whether you will be able to take full advantage of your favorite synth. I hope it will change by miracle, but now it's not good, I feel bad about it.

It seems the eternal complaint thread is back again. As you can see from the comments, no solution is fine for everyone. Some people don’t want a dongle, some don’t want the Codemeter, some don’t want to be online, etc. Impossible to find a solution that will please everyone. So they made a decision. Even if you continue to complain for another 40 pages, it won’t change it. So decide with your personal situation if you can live with it. If not either keep the current version without updating, or sell it. That’s the choice you now have...

sure thing, but thats why it is a forum ;). i can only recommend to back up your system and wait maybe 1-2 weeks how the user feedback is. i can tell you i also was very sceptical about ilok and then i sadly felt that it lagged my system, after support and a new update it got better. still now to install another cp i get the same headache.... now the system runs fine and i fear again :( well let's see i dont want to miss out on avenger.....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Ryan99 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:52 am It seems the eternal complaint thread is back again. As you can see from the comments, no solution is fine for everyone. Some people don’t want a dongle, some don’t want the Codemeter, some don’t want to be online, etc. Impossible to find a solution that will please everyone. So they made a decision. Even if you continue to complain for another 40 pages, it won’t change it. So decide with your personal situation if you can live with it. If not either keep the current version without updating, or sell it. That’s the choice you now have...
I am sorry, but you have not advised or addressed anything in this statement.

Ryan99 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:52 am It seems the eternal complaint thread is back again. As you can see from the comments, no solution is fine for everyone. Some people don’t want a dongle, some don’t want the Codemeter, some don’t want to be online, etc. Impossible to find a solution that will please everyone. So they made a decision. Even if you continue to complain for another 40 pages, it won’t change it. So decide with your personal situation if you can live with it. If not either keep the current version without updating, or sell it. That’s the choice you now have...
:tu:

Endless complaints won't change a thing. Vote with your wallet.

porcaro wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:00 am
People are complaining for weeks. Manuel told us that they chose Codemeter, that they won’t change their mind, that they can’t please everyone. I’m sorry for you, but adding more complaints will not change the decision.

I would fix that to "a few vocal people are complaining for weeks". It's always like that. A handful of extreme people, who shout loud, while the silent majority votes with its wallet, and that's what's important for the development of the product.

Gotta :hug: the internet.

On a sidenote regarding the "Then it may be best to just sell the Avenger license if CodeMeter doesn't work for you":

I checked their website and it apparently said that only hardware dongle-protected products could be resold (which was what /really/ annoyed me, the impression of not even being able to try and resell a software that's going to be unusable for me)?

What are their terms for reselling Avenger then, ie transfer fee and the possibility of reselling expansions - or where can I read these up?

btw, I was one of the guys having tough issues with CodeMeter, and no, I hadn't done any further troubleshooting back then because getting Reason to run wasn't important enough to me to spend hours with support.

The only issue i had with Codemeter was that i couldn't uninstall it once after i had Reason 7 installed. There simply wasn't a uninstaller present. Wasn't a big issue though, i just left it on the system, and deactivated the startup task. Apart from that, it always worked fine here. Just like iLok and eLicenser. *cough*

chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:29 am The only issue i had with Codemeter was that i couldn't uninstall it once after i had Reason 7 installed. There simply wasn't a uninstaller present. Wasn't a big issue though, i just left it on the system, and deactivated the startup task. Apart from that, it always worked fine here. Just like iLok and eLicenser. *cough*
1. dont conclude your situation on the rest...

2. you got win10? and all 3 cps installed? just askin so i can see feedback as i consider codemeter to install of course if all works out (i still prefer elicenser...)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I have iLok and eLicenser installed on Windows 10, don't have Codemeter installed right now, as i don't use Reason anymore. I used to have it installed on Windows 10 though, alongside the others. No problem apart from the one i described. I never used the Codemeter dongle though, so, i can't comment on that.

You can try it yourself. Just download the Reason demo. It uses Codemeter.

Ryan99 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 am
porcaro wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:00 am
People are complaining for weeks. Manuel told us that they chose Codemeter, that they won’t change their mind, that they can’t please everyone. I’m sorry for you, but adding more complaints will not change the decision.
Your complaints will not stop people from expressing their dissatisfaction over this new CP.

That Manuel doesn't want to change anything does not mean that people should not let him know what they think about this change.
Last edited by Rivanni on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The fun ends when people begin to lie, exaggerate, or act as if they are the center of the world, and speak for the majority. Or won't stop complaining, instead of doing the sensible thing: Stick with the current version, or don't buy the plugin, if they're not OK with it.

Just see for yourself how many pages a handful of people thematize the copy protection now, and how the whole discussion is always running in circles, because they won't be able to force Manuel or Vengeance to choose another, or stick to their copy protection.

Return to “Instruments”