Native Instruments Layoffs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

telecode wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 pm *All* there NI layoff threads on all forums have been speculation and people talking out of their ass. (GS, KVR, Cakewalk.. even NI forums ) you name it. No one knows diddley but they like to post. Even people that dont actually use, or havent used an NI product in ages..
Without knowing, it was still easy to extrapolate accurately that something
was abnormal at NI, based just on the release state of their new
flagship product, Massive X. There was too much solid history, for such a shaky release to have occurred, without things having seriously changed.
Hopefully, a more innovative, and more productive company,
with excellent listening skills in all departments, is emerging,
so Santa can still bring me a cool NI Gamelan library :wink:

I hope we still get a holiday freebie this year.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

glokraw wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:06 am Hopefully, a more innovative, and more productive company,
with excellent listening skills in all departments, is emerging,
We shall see.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

glokraw wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:06 am Without knowing, it was still easy to extrapolate accurately that something was abnormal at NI, based just on the release state of their new flagship product, Massive X. There was too much solid history, for such a shaky release to have occurred, without things having seriously changed.
This :!:

Don't worry about the Christmas freebie...

That's all sorted and squared away with the bean counters...

We're all going to get a 64 bar loop of Danny singing Felice Navidad with his good buddy Mate G doing the beats and the farts and bleeps on Traktor and Maschine, but if we don't subscribe to One Native by Christmas eve,it'll stop working on Christmas day :wink:
No auto tune...

glokraw wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:06 amWithout knowing, it was still easy to extrapolate accurately that something was abnormal at NI, based just on the release state of their new flagship product, Massive X. There was too much solid history, for such a shaky release to have occurred, without things having seriously changed. Hopefully, a more innovative, and more productive company, with excellent listening skills in all departments, is emerging,
This tends to happen when a company starts being led by investors. Products have to be released within a certain time-frame to ensure that targets are met. It happens in the game industry all the time, with unpolished and buggy releases becoming the norm. The important thing is that the shareholders get their dividends.

I don't need to punctuate that with a sarcasm smiley, do I?

If an investor pumps money into a company, does that mean its led by them? - no! The important thing is, that the shareholders only get their dividends if finally the users like the result and buy the new stuff...
lets hope they do their job well, thats for the benefit of all...
And all the engineers now working for Behringer will push their competition, which is good for the business...

In reality, a major investor tends to get involved at board level and, given that their investment will normally have a schedule with an exit date/value associated, they generally start pulling the strings, whether the existing board members like it or not. Sadly, a lot of innovative businesses end up being split sold off, split apart or carrying on as a shadow of their former selves.

v1o wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 am I hope we still get a holiday freebie this year.
No way buddy. They can't afford those anymore, now they sacked all those people.

:roll:

chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:29 pm
v1o wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 am I hope we still get a holiday freebie this year.
No way buddy. They can't afford those anymore, now they sacked all those people.

:roll:
course they can, they're free duh!

Right... :P

:hihi:

Maybe this year we will get Koal...

Forgotten wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 pm Maybe this year we will get Koalas
hope not, they gave one direction chlamydia.

andrew71 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:26 pm In reality, a major investor tends to get involved at board level and, given that their investment will normally have a schedule with an exit date/value associated, they generally start pulling the strings, whether the existing board members like it or not. Sadly, a lot of innovative businesses end up being split sold off, split apart or carrying on as a shadow of their former selves.
Only if a company is in trouble. NI isn‘t, they asked for it because they have a plan. Lets see what it will be.
Look at any thread about NI topics here at KVR. Highest rate of interest no meatter what the topic. That is their capital, it still works...
None of the Reaktor team has been laid off. They need the resources for new technologies and streamlined development...
As I speculated before...

the hills are alive with the sound of speculation :singer:

Return to “Instruments”