vurt wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:35 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:31 pm that which is not dead
may eternal lie
in some strange aeons
even death may die

:band2:
Keith Richards?
clearly him and mick were replaced with rudimentary automatons back in the 80s.
explains both the longevity and micks dancing :shrug:
I've suspected as much
Yep, I don’t think it’s a revelation that’s going to surprise anyone.

Well, Def Leppard uses it so maybe I'm wrong :hihi:

Scotty wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:17 pm I don't have a lot of faith in most companies regarding driver development. It seems to be such a specialized skill that staff changes combined with continuous OS updates must make it very difficult to commit to driver development over the longer term.

I have experienced these disruptions by RME (yes RME abandoned digi cards) , Korg (Oasys PCI), M-Audio, Motu, Steinberg (big offender) and others... For NI ... Kore and Rig Kontrol are now require dedicated CPUS ( maintain 3 for that reason), sometimes elaborate workarounds or they don't work at all . We really don't have a choice but to accept it when it happens but I am very wary of purchasing driver dependent hardware from companies with smaller staffs now simply because if the big companies can't keep up, what hope is there for the smaller developer to make a long term committment?

Maybe if the companies would commit to open sourcing their drivers after they discontinue support I'd feel better about the situation but much of this is probably well kept industry secrets so little chance of that happening I suppose.
I've got the same RME Fireface from 15 years ago, drivers are stable.
The digi cards you mention, are they the same ones that use the older PCI style? That might be beyond RME's capabilities to keep updated, because beyond that I don't see too much abandonment of anything with them. Even MOTU, the 828 driver is 2017 etc.
Let's hope NI keep their long term users in their focus should they enter a restructuring phase. I own a lot of their software and hardware and have more than a little skin in the game.
Agreed, Komplete 10U and Maschine Studio here. If it gets weird I'm just going to keep this old Mac Pro here until hell freezes over with a stable version of Komplete on it. Need to jump on the next fire sale of Komplete for sure though, I imagine it will be a decade before sample libraries don't run on Kontakt 6. :)

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:10 pm Well, Def Leppard uses it so maybe I'm wrong :hihi:
Sounds like a good reason to stop using it if you ask me... :hihi:

So... Is Guitar Rig dead ?

What a silly question....

Of course it's not dead...

Why,just this very weekend,the NI management "team" and the private equity investment folks are burning the midnight oil at NI corporate headquarters in Berlin, coding away like crazy to bring new and exciting features to Guitar Rig Pro in the very near future...

All of this cynical talk of them slashing jobs and restructuring so that they can sit back and count the cash is just absolute rubbish !

They are actively involved in the product development at all levels...

Positively hands on they is :)
No auto tune...

Again, CONTEXT...............

Can you use it, of course. Is it being developed proper...............NOPE. Dead as a door-nail.

Dead as a door knocker
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Finally, someone with a sense of purpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:31 am Again, CONTEXT...............

Can you use it, of course. Is it being developed proper...............NOPE. Dead as a door-nail.
The big test is VST3. If they decide not to do a VST3 version, that's it, same with Absynth.

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:31 amIs it being developed proper...............NOPE.
Repeating the same speculation will not make it true.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:58 am Dead as a door knocker

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:31 am Again, CONTEXT...............

my door has screws. modern here.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:11 pm
Aloysius wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:58 am Dead as a door knocker
the file tag needs amending, im not sure it delivers.

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:56 am Finally, someone with a sense of purpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have a sense of purpose, im an advocate for the almost dead.

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:00 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:56 am Finally, someone with a sense of purpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have a sense of purpose, im an advocate for the almost dead.
Back to Keith Richards...

Return to “Effects”