Native Instruments Layoffs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

telecode wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:33 pm The legacy NI product sales channels are fauked. These people all come from Internet e-commerce companies (Airbnb, Google, Saleforce...) they know nothing or care about music makers. Its gonna be all sales action targeted at social media hobbyists by social media ambasadors.
You're IMO unfortunately spot on. Electronic music 20 years ago was a niche thing to be into, it's not anymore. NI are worried as usual about being the biggest player in the game, so the switch to online services, and "content" over devices is what we will likely see. I would not at all be surprised if they introduced some sort of loop player even.

Hopefully the whole thing doesn't end up going like Air seem to have gone, with a bunch of good plug ins that are terribly long in the tooth, and haphazard disjointed cringe worthy attempts to squeeze the last drop of money out of plug ins they aren't developing.

New vsts only by subscription..... spreading all over the market.... next one reason studios for sure... end of a golden age... dystopia.... until they give us elvis as a vst.

zimmerabc wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:25 pm New vsts only by subscription..... spreading all over the market.... next one reason studios for sure... end of a golden age... dystopia.... until they give us elvis as a vst.
always seemed more "epic" in the movies.
a land where people subscribe to plug ins was never a plot.

carousel
carousel
carousel

every year at carousel we sign up for subscriptions...

zimmerabc wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:25 pm until they give us elvis as a vst.
Uh huh. Than’ you v’ry mu’ch

righy right right my droogs, upsy drink your molokos and decide your subsy wubsey.

Real horrorshow subscriptions!

dellboy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:21 pm "Hewlett Packard"
I bet next version of Komplete needs one of those HPE supercomputers to run and a separate storage server for the download. Or you can even get a hyperconverged system if you want all that product synergy.
No signature here!

glokraw wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:30 pm
Ben H wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:13 pm That explains why they shafted all their workers recently then.
So that they could afford to offer big salaries to all the new fat cats that they've taken on board.
These people already had jobs when they took on these new duties.
Probably compensation will be tied to profits, in addition to
keeping up much or some of their previous activity. as there are only
so many hours in a day, hence salaries instead of being paid
an hourly wage + overtime. Salaried workers can work under
vastly different agreements than hourly workers, and not
always advantagious. Keeping in mind that some people thrive
on long hours and saving/recreating/improving a business.
At least they know what we as kvr members desire: new instruments'
effects, and hardware, huge improvements to old but excellent products,
and any subscriptions offered not tampering with existing licenses.

Getting laid-off does not equate to getting shafted. It's basic
and serious economics, not some hi-school social club.
Cheers
plus you dont know if they a severance package or not, I know people who have the same experience as forgotten but I also know people who got laid off and it was the break of a lifetime.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:42 pm
telecode wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:33 pm The legacy NI product sales channels are fauked. These people all come from Internet e-commerce companies (Airbnb, Google, Saleforce...) they know nothing or care about music makers. Its gonna be all sales action targeted at social media hobbyists by social media ambasadors.
Or it could be that they know a lot more about running successful businesses than musicians, so they will give things the impetus they need based upon demand and profitability. If musicians want the products then it makes sense to develop and update them, but it could be beneficial if those making the decisions don't have any potential conflict of interest if they are musicians themselves and have their own biases.
This. Musicians know sh** about business. How many of them manage big careers without manager or someone outside (or inside) band who is a manager/businessman? Only few. Business require skills and education (knowledge) that musicians not necessary have.

Of course we may not like new way NI will go from now on (or any other company). I hate subscriptions with passion but... I'm not teenager or in my 20's anymore. I'm pretty sure that most of folks on KVR is also middle age or above. Let's face it. We are not a main target anymore. It doesnt matter that much what we want. The biggest group of people interested in music are teenagers and people in their early 20's. They are the main target and every big company look at them not on us. We may not like what they (will) do but nobody cares what 'that jukebox generation' think ;)

at least when poogle buy out native instruments apple wont be able to and make it mac only.

pixel85 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:37 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:42 pm
Or it could be that they know a lot more about running successful businesses than musicians, so they will give things the impetus they need based upon demand and profitability. If musicians want the products then it makes sense to develop and update them, but it could be beneficial if those making the decisions don't have any potential conflict of interest if they are musicians themselves and have their own biases.
This. Musicians know sh** about business. How many of them manage big careers without manager or someone outside (or inside) band who is a manager/businessman? Only few. Business require skills and education (knowledge) that musicians not necessary have.
you realize you probably run the chance of offending a lot people here on KvR who happen to be musicians, family people, and very successful business people :dog:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:04 pm you realize you probably run the chance of offending a lot people here on KvR and that's vurts job
jizz crumpets!

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:40 pm at least when poogle buy out native instruments apple wont be able to and make it mac only.
Chrome book and Android exclusive.

dionenoid wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:49 am
CrystalWizard wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:33 am
spunkmuffin wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:23 am Just wondering, does anyone here use sounds.com?
Who cares? I lightyears OT
Sounds.com is the subscription (sample service) from NI.
Oh, sorry, my bad.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Return to “Instruments”